1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Least Favorite English class book

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LassusVulpes, Oct 15, 2021.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    so, we've all had those days in English class, where the teacher gives out a book and tells you to read,

in YOUR opinion, what was the worst book you've read in english class?

IMO: The Great Gatsby, it's prettty dull imo, compared to somethin like Of Mice and Men

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Basically everything we read in middle school

3. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    At one point I had to read a book called Ready Player One thats probably better known for its movie adaptation. I don't have many books I remember but that one was bad. A huge portion of it was the main character complaining and moving the plot along from plot contrivances in a cliche "what if technology took over" setting. Video game references are the only thing going for this book and are all shallow and pointless to begin with.

I saw the movie for school as well and it was also very cliche and the references were the only thing of note about it. It was funny sometimes but your time is spent better elsewhere.

4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    1984, by George Orwell. Even though it's revellent today

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    This is a good book. It sucks though and is painful to read because of how relevant it is

6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. That book was so boring and I couldn't understand what was going on. Even the audiobook was hard to follow along with. Never have I read such an excruciatingly boring book.

7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Oh man, it has to be a tie between Lord of the Flies by William Golding and The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier.

I'll start with the former. I never understood what the plot of LOTF was and I read the whole book from front to back 4 separate times. Normally if I don't understand what's going on in a book it only takes me one reread to understand what was going on, but not this book. I know this book is listed as a classic, but if I read something over 4 times and I still don't understand it and if I still don't enjoy it then I don't think it's a very good book.

The ladder was something I had to do for a summer packet. I also read this over 4 times, and I eventually understood what was going on, and I thought the plot was extremely stupid.

I haven't read these books in a long while and I have no plans to read them in the future, but I can tell you that in my opinion these books just were nowhere close to the quality of Animal Farm, the Hunger Games trilogy, or Romeo and Juliet.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I can’t remember the name, but it was a historical fiction book about a teenage girl working in a factory. It was about as exciting as it sounds. The 19th century culture was somewhat interesting at least. The problem is nothing of note actually happened. The only other thing I remember about the story was that the book ended with her making an engagement promise and walked down a country road. I don’t remember why she did that, but that’s the only standout memory of the book.

My second least favorite is Lord of The Flies. The metaphor was clever, but it was more graphic than anything else. I left the book feeling slightly depressed.