1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Staff Post Member opinions needed - MOTM process

Discussion in 'News Desk' started by Jeydis, Sep 6, 2023.

?

Thoughts on Member of the Month?

1. It should continue as it is

2. I lost interest in nominating

3. Mods should just pick out someone to highlight

4. The rewards need to be improved/changed

5. MOTM should just stop being a thing

6. Other, post below!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jeydis

Jeydis Deep down in Underfity

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Greetings everyone,

The staff have noticed really low/non-existent member nominations for the Member of the Month event in the last year. So we wanted to check in with you guys to see if there was anything we could improve on in regards to this event.

Please vote in the poll above and/or comment below, let your opinion be known so we can improve!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    My opinion is a mix of a couple options. I lost interest in voting as I always seemed to find someone that had already been MoTM and I know we try to avoid that. So I kept getting frustrated and stopped feeling interested in voting. But I think the moderators should be the ones deciding as they see the wonderful work of everyone. Plus they'd know who the best person to highlight would be each month. If that makes sense

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jeydis

Jeydis Deep down in Underfity

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,777.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I am sad to see the yearly reset of the members that cannot be nominated for MOTM wasnt enough.

4. ColsonOtis

Victini
    (Victini)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,421.8
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I think MOTM should have a different approach. We should test different methods over a few years and see which ones work and which ones don't. For my suggestion, I think the staff should pick 3-5 members and everyone else should vote on which one should be MOTM.

5. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,130.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I believe the admins should choose.

I remember I was it once but I only had 1 vote. It didnt feel that good at all.

The admins see more posts and everything than we members do. And maybe do it with categoring. Like most rp or something