1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Metal Gear Survive

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dwlr, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Thoughts on the first Metal Gear game without Kojima? I played it for awhile, but I'm already winding down on it, but I also didn't really have folks to play with and it's kind of annoying playing coop solo or even playing coop with folks using overpowered gear that completely trivialize the game.

Overall rating it I'd give it a 5 out of 10
    -1 point for length (It's primarily about the coop yes, but the coop is limited as well)

-1 point for combat (Combat is pretty clunky and repetitive, while the firearms feel fine, melee could use some tweaking)

-1 point for requiring completion of Single Player for coop (Just an artificial hurdle that shouldn't have a bearing on the primary function of the game IMO.)

-1 for recipe system (Recipes are always inferior to the looted items which you still have to craft so as far as weapons and gear go they could have simply left out the weapon and gear recipes and still forced you to create the various gadgets which would tidy things up a bit, but as it stands they could have gave options with the recipes such as random chance for perks or even materials you could add during crafting to gain an X chance to get Y perk so you're static recipes actually mean something.)

-1 for matchmaking (The game is primarily focused on coop and 9 times out of 10 already you're playing solo or with an incomplete group unless you bring your own party which kind of eliminates the need for matchmaking to begin with also there is a 5 minute wait time when queue up which almost always runs it's full course ending in not finding anybody effectively wasting 5 minutes and still not partnering you up or after 5 minutes regardless of your group size it send you to the staging area so if you would have liked to wait for a full party you do not get the option to do so.)

Other than those flaws it's a pretty entertaining game albeit a bit repetitive which is included in it's length deduction it's a solid enough game for the discounted price that I'd recommend as filler because of the reduced price which has already dropped significantly on top of the lower initial. Micro-transactions not factored into the score though there are numerous they give you their premium currency for free if you're patient and you don't actually need anything thing they afford to be successful in the game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018