1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, or Darkstalkers?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by FedoraMelody, Aug 30, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which fighting game did you like best?

1. Mortal Kombat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Street Fighter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Darkstalkers

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other (Specify in Comments)

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FedoraMelody

FedoraMelody Singing Sylveon

Sylvie
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽104.6
    Misty's EmblemDeep Sea Scale ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    So what is your favorite fighting game and character(s)? Personally, I chose Darkstalkers. Morrigan and Felicia are pretty BA if you ask me.

2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    My history with fighting games outside of the Super Smash Bros. series has been rough. I like Street Fighter's characters and plot but I haven't really been able to get into the gameplay of the few games in the series that I've played, which presumably means that I probably won't like other games like Darkstalkers or Marvel vs Capcom. I thought that I might like Unjustice but it turns out that I don't, which means that I also probably wouldn't like Mortal Kombat's gameplay either, though the intense violence and gore of that series was already a huge turn off for me. Just a few months ago I got Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle, which I really enjoy. Though the gameplay is apparently extremely simplified from Arc System Work's other fighting games so I'm not sure if I'm going to try any of their other games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FedoraMelody likes this.
  3. The Eccentric Axolotl

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,415.8
    Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★
    I'm a Smash Bros boi! (though I have recently became very fond of Mortal Kombat, after playing XL)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FedoraMelody likes this.
  4. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Super Smash Bros. obviously. Other fighting games I play make me feel stiff and limited. Smash is much more free roaming. What also gives it the edge is that its characters are iconic gaming icons. We have Mr. Videogames himself, The Hero of Time, Creature of the Volts, the Puffball of Dreamland an the list just keeps going. We even have characters like Snake, Cloud, and even Fire Emblem characters that show that Smash isn't only counting towards the more family-friendly games. And we have nods to retro gaming with Pacman, Mega Man, and Duckhunt.

The variety of different characters make the game unique, even including Ryu from Streetfighter. This was tackled well in braw through subspace cutscenes. Seeing characters from different universes interact makes you feel like a kid. Your toys could have been from all kinds of different franchises and yet, they can come together and go on some quest or something cause you want them to. Smash is not just a celebration of Nintendo, it's celebration of gaming. And it doesn't need to be super serious and rated R like the other games.

And also, the Zard Walk. Nuff said.