1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Most emotional songs

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by RadEmpoleon, Dec 8, 2018.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Whether it’s from an emotional point in the game or just pure nostalgia, there’s bound to be at least one song in the Pokémon games that makes you cry. Which are those, if you’re comfortable sharing?

I cry a lot, so I’ll just share a few.

Emotion from BW. Obviously judging by the title. The piano. Oh my goodness, when I re-listened to the song a few months ago, I was on the verge of tears, because the piano was beautiful.

Eterna Forest from DPPt. I’m pretty sure as a kid I didn’t like this song, I think I didn’t like the intro piano part (I’m not completely sure). Anyway, I was playing a rom of Diamond when I stepped into Eterna Forest I listened to the music, remembering that I used to not like the song. I continued to listen and it got to that one part when it “speeds up” and I got so sad and wondered why I ever disliked the song. I thought it was beautiful, the flute and piano worked well together, and to this day that one part of the song always gets me.

An Eternal Prison from X and Y. (I believe this is the song that plays when AZ’s backstory was explained, I’m not entirely sure.) Anyway, I was on Sound Cloud looking for some OSTs from X and Y when I found a song called An Eternal Prison. I didn’t recognize the title, so I clicked on it and listened. In a few seconds, I was not only shocked that it was a sad song, but I instantly thought of AZ and Floette. (For whatever reason, this was the only part of the story in X and Y that I remembered, specifically AZ falling to his knees when Floette returned.) That part of the story always gets me. Now most of these songs make me extremely sad, and sometimes I cry, but this one always makes me cry. I think of AZ’s story, combined with the heartbreaking piano.

Opelucid City from W/W2. (I don’t even know what the B/B2 one sounds like tbh.) Actually this happened today. I was listening to music on youtube on the band bus to a parade, when Opelucid City came under the recommended video list. So I clicked on it, because I liked it. There was just something so beautiful about the song that I’d never noticed before. At the part when the drums come in, I started to tear up. (Luckily nobody noticed me crying.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Saraceaser likes this.
  2. Saraceaser

Elfea
    (Honedge)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽48.0
    Personally, the first one that comes to mind is 'I Don't Want To Say Goodbye/Farther Away' from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Sky. Honestly, that game has an AMAZING soundtrack, but that ending scene with that song... first time I ever cried playing a video game, and who knew it would be a Pokémon game, to boot? It's honestly just a gorgeous song, and I love listening to reorchestrated versions when I'm just relaxing.

The second is AZ's Theme (forgot what's actually called) when AZ is explaining what happened during the war. I was honestly surprised at how emotional the music was at the time, and for some reason it makes me super nostalgic every time I hear it.

The last is... Unwavering Emotions, or something like that? I believe it's either XY or BW, not really sure, but THAT PIANO IS GORGEOUS. (For some reason it reminds me of very emotional scenes from Xenoblade Chronicles, or some other JRPG...?) But I absolutely love it, and it brings tears to my eyes.

3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    There's none of that makes me cry, plenty I enjoy and have as favorites but none make me cry. An Eternal Prison comes to mind as one I really enjoy, it fits it all really as things unfold on the screen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I've only cried over a Pokémon ost once before, which is surprising because when it comes to music, I'm very emotional. The one I cried over was of course In the Hands of Fate from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Is funny that I don't even remember at what point in the game this song played, but there's just something about the lullaby that gets me whenever I listen to it.