1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Motion Controls or Circle Pad

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Motion or Circle

1. Motion Controls

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Circle Pad

26 vote(s)
    96.3%
  1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    In the Ultra Warp Ride you can choose between Motion Controls or the circle pad to move around. Which do you use?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Anyone who likes motion control is either a madman or just suffers from a broken circle pad and has no other choice X_X

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've only ever used the motion controls my first time in. They were... okay, but nothing beats using the circle pad.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Circle pad, the motion control is annoying to use and doesn't always respond quickly enough.

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Circle pad, it is way easier than the motion controls.

6. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Circle Pad, if I would use motion control I could throw my 3ds out of window and the character moves a "little" bit. Otherwise he doesn't move.

7. GlaceonSilver

PokéPoints:
    ₽621.6
    I love motion controls in most games where they're offered.

This is not one of those games.

I think the only real issues I had with Ultra Warp Ride's motion controls was that they were surprisingly unresponsive and that the screen was fixed. We all know for a fact that Nintendo can make a tilt-control work and work well; look at Splatoon on the Wii U. Ultra warp ride being so unresponsive came as a real shock to me, although after playing with circle pad I realize that part of it comes from the minigame itself being fairly unresponsive. Beyond that, it was annoying to actually see the game with my screen tilted all over the place, which ended up being the thing that forced me to switch to circle pad. I tried to like the motion controls, but it just wouldn't work out.

8. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    it honestly depends where I'm at if I'm in the car then circle pad but if I'm at home then motion control.

9. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    circle pad b/c it is much easier

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Motion controls seem like such a good idea and I would absolutely prefer them if they weren't HORRIBLE. Circle pad, hands down. The poll results seem to agree.

11. ShadowJCreed

ShadowJCreed Hex Maniac

Meltan
    (Meltan)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽689.7
    Dome Fossil ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★
    I prefer the circle pad it may require less effort, but at least I won’t have to moving it around with the motion controls getting annoyed.

12. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Circle pad by far. Motion controls made steering rather difficult for me, however interesting it was.

13. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I prefer the circle pad since the motion controls are a pain in the arceus

14. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I'm sorry, but if ANYONE uses the motion controls willingly, they should be exterminated. We have to purify the gene pool. It's like torturing yourself. It's unreasonably difficult.

15. Greenly

Greenly School Kid

Farosh
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽235.0
    Motion controls!
    I kid, I kid. Definitely circle pad; easier to Shiny hunt with.

16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've only ever used the circle pad. Much less frustrating!

17. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    We should honestly have a contest to see who can get the farthest with motion controls. Anyone who get past 4000 LY deserves to be placed a pedestal and worshiped.

18. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    To be honest I don't like either, but I use the circle pad because its a little easier.

19. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Using motion controls makes the warp ride way more painful than it needs to be, so circle pad for me!

20. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Motion controls sound cool, but I use the circle pad. It makes the ride ten times better.