1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event MOTM QnA w/ChocoChicken

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Jeydis, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Hello everyone,
    Welcome back to the MOTM special interview! This time with @ChocoChicken the Fletchling expert of LV!

The interview maybe a bit all over the place, this was done over multiple days due to timezone differences and IRL getting in the way of things.

Never the less, I hope you have a good read!

Legend:
    I am in plain text, Choco is in blue.
    =============================
    So starting off, what brought you to LV?
    I was told of the site over a writing site I hang out a lot on by a user who wishes to remain anonymous. Apparently several other people were introduced to LV via the same site. Wonder if that's all the work of the same person?

Might of been, that is nice to hear though. How about Pokémon, what was your experience with the franchise?
    I suppose it's been pretty good! I first came into contact with glimpses the Gen 4 and Gen 5 animes, but since Gen 6 came out I was hooked.

Ah that explains the Fletchling love.
    Yep, it was the first bird Pokémon I've really been attached to. Look at those big ol' eyes.

Have you loved birds for as long as you can remember or is it something that grew over time?
    My interest in birds somewhat began when I was in kindergarten, and it's only grown ever since!

Did it start off with chickens?
    Actually, no - I think it might've been parrots!

Ah a colorful alternative heh. Did you get to interact with Parrots much growing up?
    Before I had my pet budgies I've actually only interacted with other peoples' parrots, and not a whole lot of the time... I think? My memory isn't the best, to be honest.

Dream pet bird to have?
    I already have my budgies, and they're very good birds!

Going back to Pokémon for a moment, did you ever find yourself drawn to the more competitive aspect of the games like battling, the TCG etc.
    I would say I'm a slightly good noob when it comes to that! As in competitive battling. Not a single clue on how to use the TCG cards other than collecting and card houses.

Do you ever watch the nintendo events for battling?
    No, not really. All I've really heard of is the legendary Pachirisu.

If you could change the typing of one Pokémon which one would it be and for what reason?
    Hmm. Dhelmise, because Ghost/Water or Ghost/Steel would just be so much better. Ghost/Grass is... ehhh.

That's fair. Even if the Pokémon is supposed to be the algae it's not as interesting of a typing overall.
    Yeah, especially since Gen VI had two counterparts already.

Let's say nintendo called you up and asked you to pick a place in the world to base the next game on, what would you pick?
    Honestly, I'd be down to open up to more continents. Maybe somewhere from Africa or South America, or Australia ANTARCTICA

All ice all the time!
    Fill out all of those unused type combos with ice
    I would love to see every type combo someday!

For sure, I have looked up that chart more times than I can count when making Pokémon concepts. Getting back to the real world for a bit, do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
    I do some drawing - but mostly digital doodles, I sing every now and then but nothing big really, just classes. And I bake sometimes. Sometimes. Very rarely.

What would you say was a highlight moment for you on LV?
    The seeds. It has to be the seed event. The entire site got together and absolutely lost it over seeds.
    (For those who don't know, the seed event had all these plant and root seeds scattered around the site, and we had to catch... was it 6000? 10000? Anyway just a very large number to unlock the Kalos mons. I used all my PP on seeds. It was great)

Oh man that was a fun craze. I forgot about that! Have you had a favorite Scramble event?

That's a hard one! I think the egg one was a whole lot of fun, although most of it came from the part where I just had so many eggs I wanted to hatch. I also really enjoyed the Uxie and Mesprit event where we had to find them! But really, all of the Scramble games are fun in their own ways to many different users, and just seeing everyone come together and go wild was absolutely brilliant.

D'aww that is a sweet sentiment.
    I think that's actually a pretty good thing to end on. Last thing, do you have anything or anyone to shout out? This could be some thread on the forums or a favorite streamer etc.

Ahhh, that's a hard one. I guess at the end of the day it would have to be Parrot Vibrates Frantically While Holding Plastic Cup, a YT video about half a minute long. Trust me it's worth it. Although please keep in mind the bird vibrates quite frantically so if you are sensitive to such imagery I would advise against that

Oooh a favorite of mine as well. Impeccable taste my dear chicken lol
    Thank you for doing this with me!
    It was an honor, Jey!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ChocoChicken likes this.