1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Movies you would never see, ever!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Banshee, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent Shade

Agent Shade Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    For starters, Twilight. I think Doima and Ashe explained why.

I remember years ago I turned on the TV one day and I saw this ad for a move called 'The Bone Collector'...I started to cry because of how terrifying the ad was. I was only around seven or eight then, but if i remember it that clearly even from six or seven years ago, I know better than to watch it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Twilight. I would never, ever, watch a Twilight movie. I haven't ever seen one, nor have I read a book. Like Doima said, vampires don't freaking sparkle. I've heard a ton about that, and really... If you're going to write a book about an already existing mythological creature, then don't change the key attributes that make it what it is. Aside from that, I'm not a fan of romance. I can put up with Disney movies based on romance, but not really much else. Especially not an unnecessary love triangle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ~Snowy~

~Snowy~ Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    The Hunger Games. The series never grew on me, and I have my own reasons for that. It is a bit over-rated too, since Catching Fire came out a few weeks ago.

Agent Shade likes this.
  4. Pixel2

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Freddy Kruger movies and the such. Too mainstream Seriously, they just seem. . . lame? Honestly never thought why.

5. Radiohead97

Radiohead97 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽19.2
    Any long romantic dramas. *glares at The English Patient* I can sit through romantic comedies just fine, but not if they're like two and a half hours long. I also can't stand movies that are told out of order or are confusing like Memento or Inception.

6. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Anything associated with How To Train Your Dragon, I'll actively boycott.. Just, no. That black perky blob ain't the Toothless I remember from the books, and what's more, making him the quintisensial dragon!? Psssh. Also; Hiccup has an amputated leg in the films!? The hell?

Go home, Dreamworks. And don't even dare butcher another book series from my childhood.

7. Splasher

Splasher Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Anything associated with One Direction, Justin Bieber, and vampires. (I'm looking at you Twilight and its various ripoffs)

Also Superman IV. I never saw it but from the looks of it it's terrible.

A piece of crap movie I actually watched was Back to the Future Part III. It's supposed to be funny, but I laughed about...two times, maybe?

8. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Hmm, I rather avoid action movies if I can help it. I'm just not fond of movies that are mostly explosion and guns and fight scenes that are always the same no matter what movie you're watching. Sadly, my dad loves them so I've seen my fair share. Military movies are the worst.

I would say Twilight and Hunger Games like everyone else, but the one movie I just can't bring myself to watch is Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant. I really really love the books (even though the vampires here are not the traditional Dracula vampire, they're still awesome), but when I saw the trailer of the movie I was sorely disappointed. WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO DARREN GHSMJSDSKKAM!!!! Sigh...such a waste on a good vampire series that's overpowered by crap like Twilight.

9. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    Miley Cyrus's movie, "LOL", and the Hunger Games (granted, I never read the books). I tried watching the latter, but it just didn't hold my interest. ^ ^; I sometimes wish that it had, though, since I've heard good things about the books. Superhero-related movies were also a category that I never really could get into.

10. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Wait...there's ripoffs of Twilight now...?

Good god...

11. Digital Hazard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Hunger Games, Twilight, whatever crap movie the Disney Channel is putting on TV,

12. Agent Shade

Agent Shade Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    If this wasn't obvious enough, I'd never see Twilight. Well, not the whole thing, to put it in a better phrasing. I admit I've seen like 15 minute segments of them a couple times since my mom finds Twilght okay for some reason, and it's insanely boring. It mostly consists Bella and Edward talking about whatever. At least in the segments I've seen.

I would definitely never see Ted. Just no. I've seen plenty of commercials on it, and even those bother me. It's mostly Ted himself that makes me scream; he's obnoxious, and a lot of the things he says just turn to offensive and dirty jokes. I mean, the type of dirty jokes you can even get away with in kid's movies are okay, but Ted crosses the line.

I can't think of any others since I don't watch a whole lot of movies to begin with and the ones I want to put on here I was dumb enough to watch.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I wouldn't rule out tons of stuff, but what Doima said about how Bin Laden was killed and movies like that in general are not my thing. At all. Never.

Disney sequels.

Rom-Coms.

Anything remotely similar to The Notebook.

Any of those shitty repetitive Adam Sandler/Seth MacFarlene/Kevin James/whoever-the-fuck is doing those bad comedies now.

theres a bit more but im generally very open with movies because it's all there is to do in my town and i like to see them

14. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I will NEVER watch Frozen.

Cobalt likes this.
  15. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'd say ATLA (loved the series, though), but I saw it the first day it came out D:

16. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I'll never watch anything that people get overhyped for. The Hunger Games, Twilight, Frozen, everyone is talking about it, and because of that, I don't give a sh*t about it anymore. I have absolutely in intentions to watch such a movie...

Does that make me a hipster?

17. Gemini

Gemini "The Explorer"

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.0
    I will never watch the Avatar the last air bender movie, before it came out people were very excited to hear about a avatar the last airbender movie. When it came out a lot of people were disappointed.

18. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I was one of those VERY disappointed people. It was horrifyingly bad... My consciousness is still stained by that film.

19. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I still have nightmares about that movie D:

20. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Oh god, that's actually one of the few movies I've ever seen, and my lord were we disappointed...
    It's been some years ago, but I can still remember the disappointment of that freaking piece of crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.