1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokémon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I could see a snake-like design, but specifically a sea-serpent type of thing, or a shark, whale or eel. It makes sense to me because we have now a land-based legendary and an air-based one, so what is left is water. Also, if you think about the letters correlating to axis points/dimensions (as I suspect they are to represent), Y is vertical, height, as in flying in the sky, X is horizontal, width, as in the land, and Z represents depth. The obvious connection for depth is water, as in the "depths" of the sea.

2. MaNCHA

MaNCHA Swimmer

Meloetta Egg
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.0
    Dear Arceus, you are a genius. The only flaw with this is the fact that land/air/water was done in Gen3 unless, of course, like G5 was a reboot of G1, G6 is a sort of reboot of G3...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Yeah, it would be strikingly similar to Gen 3, but the water/air/land would only be one aspect of the three of them. Sort of works as a nod to the Gen 3 remakes everybody seems to want too, which I can definitely see coming next.

4. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I like them all really! I can't wait to see their types later!

These Pokémon remind me of the Gen.3 Starters too for some odd reason

5. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I like this art style so I'm hoping some nice looking pokes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I love all the starters and the legendaries are pretty cool too! It's nice to see a non-reptile grass starter.
    The Y-Bird's design may be based on a Bearded Vulture.
    [​IMG]
    I guess it will be a Fire/Dark or Dark/Flying type?
    And I found this a while ago
    [​IMG]
    A new Eeveelution? Hmm... I wonder which type will it be this time? Ghost? Dragon?

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yeah, I remember reading about that. It's possible tbh. I'd love to see it happen!

8. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    All the Eeveelutions are types that were once considered all Special (before gen 4's phys/spec split), so unless I'm mistaken, Ghost would fit that theme.

The speculation of a Z Pokémon being water is very clever and a good guess.

I hope there's a robot dragon in this new gen. Crossing my fingers on that. Trio-wise, I hope no dragons, unless it's the robot dragon I want. And even then, Steel/Fly with Volt Absorb with a Dragon base. Imagine how awesome that thing would be with high Attack/Special Attack. Ahem. But I'm sick of Dragon-type legendaries. 2 trios in a row, darn it, and Arceus can be a Dragon with the Draco Plate. 7 Dragon legendaries is enough if you ask me.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an all male/female duo based off imps/pixies with Prankster as their ability.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Not really fussed about the competitive side but I would love to use a ghost type Eevee!

10. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    What if Froakie turns out to be water/poison? It does kind of look like a poison dart frog.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Ew, I really hope now. I really want a water/ice type!

12. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I don't like the sound of a water/poison starter either. It'd be like the frog version of Tentacruel or something /: Water/ice would be neat, they haven't done that one before, starter wise. I just want them to bring all new starter dual types to the table!

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    [​IMG]

Not sure if this is true or not but :o

14. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Decent legendary names if it is true, and obviously fitting for X/Y respectively. I like it.

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Yeah, I have to agree there, pretty swanky. Sort of hard to say for me, but I'm sure I'll get used to them.

16. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    It seems to me like the X would be pronounced like a Z, and the Y in Yveltal would be pronounced as if it had an 'e' after it, like "Ye-vell-tal".

17. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I love Froakie. It is so awesome looking. I hope the little white balls on its face mean its going to grow a luxurious mustache.

As for Chespin, I'm really curious as to how it will evolve. I think it has the potential to look really cool in its later forms what with the porcupine/chestnut spikes.

Fennekin is cute, but it's definitely my least favorite of the three.

As for the legendaries, I absolutely love Xerneas. I think my boyfriend and I are gonna be fighting over which versions we're getting because we both prefer Xerneas to Yveltal.

18. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    Apparently I was Scrolling through Smogon and found this
    [​IMG]
    I think Smogon Are Excited too because they were Talking about the game as well Not sure if this will be Correct or not. but I kind of Get the Feeling will be what the Evolutions will look like or somthing

19. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    If that's is how the later forms actually turn out, I would be stuck between Chespin which looks a lot like my favorite Pokémon Sandslash, and Froakie, awesome old frog-wizard guy. Guess we'll have to see if this art is legit or not.

20. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    I really hope so they look cool enough but I still stick with Chespin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.