1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokémon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I really like the starters. The people who call them Digimon or whatever are just childish meme users who find these jokes from sites like 9Gag and Reddit. Gunwunners shouldn't insult the Pokémon so easily. I doubt they have even played any of the newer games. :]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I really like them too Ben! I had a dream last night where they announced Rampardos and Bastiodon evolutions lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Confirmed as pure Water type, but that is an ice attack for sure. Maybe it's evolution will be part Ice?

4. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I'm hoping Froakie gets something other than Ice, I think there are way too many Water/Ice types, even though there arent starters that are part Ice. I'd like to see Water/Fighting, or Water/Poison, which would fit since some frogs are poisonous. For Chespin, a Grass/Dark would be fine, but I'd also think of a Grass/Steel starter or maybe even a Grass/Rock...however, no Grass/Ground's, too many of those. And like everyone else says, no Fire/Fighting, and I'd think a Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ghost would work perfectly for a fox.

Even though certain attacks were seen, we all know that some Pokémon can use moves that aren't related to their types, but more often related to the species of creature they are...just like all water Pokémon can't use that awful move we all know as Waterfall. But alot of Water types can use moves like Ice Beam without being Ice type, like Gastrodon, who is a Water/Ground type.

5. DamienZD

DamienZD Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I'm thinking Fennekin will be a Fire/Psychic type. Based one what I saw in the video trailer, it appeared to use something resembling a Psywave or Psybeam. I'm probably going to go with Fennekin for one version, and Froakie for the other. I always get both versions, but first I have to get B/W2 lol

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Fire/Psychic isn't a bad combo at all, infact it would be really interesting to see done.

CONFIRMED AS FIRE FIGHTING

7. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    It better be psychic, another fighting type would completely ruin it.

8. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Yeah, people would rage at another Fire/Fighting, it's getting really old. I wonder how people would react if the starters all turn out to be pure types? Personally I wouldn't mind it that much.

And yes I know I know, they are seen to be using moves of what look to be other types already, so maybe it's not likely, but it's still early.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I sort of got ahead of myself tbh, many Water types can learn Ice type moves such as Ice Beam. I'm stupid :]

10. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Chespin was using Aerial Ace. Compare it to the animation in Gen 5 and it's near identical. I think it will be Grass/Ground when it fully evolves, but that was Aerial Ace. I doubt the moves they were using correspond with their secondary typing, but I'm hoping for Fire/Psy Fen. Also, FIre/Ground would be interesting to see on Fen as well.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Tbh I'd prefer anything but Fire/Fighting, even if it was like Fire/Water. :)

CONFIRMED FOR FIRE FIGHTING

12. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    If so,

CONFIRMED FOR NOT BUYING A 3DS AND 6TH GEN Pokémon

Okay Nintendo stop it, enough is enough. Typing is as old as your mom.

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I don't even care what type it is to be honest, I'll be using Froakie most likely. I'd like to see one of these become the bird type:

[​IMG]

It's cute. :)

14. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I really want a Dark/Electric type.

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I'd like to see a psychic/dark type Pokémon, maybe a legendary or psuedo-legendary around the theme of dichotomy, since it would have somewhat impressive resistances and only a 4x weakness to bug.

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I'm kinda hoping Yvetal will get that typing, but it seems unlikely. Never what we want. </3

17. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Outside of Fighting, Psychic never gets paired up with its opposites. There's no Psychic/Poison, Psychic/Bug, Psychic/Ghost, or Psychic/Dark. I wonder why that is?

I really hope Froakie's final evolution is Water/Fighting. I think it's a fun combo that needs more representation.

For some reason I imagined a Zebstrika evolution to be this typing. Don't know why.

18. moominmama239

moominmama239 PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I will probably pick Fennekin, even though I prefer grass types, but really, the mascot for Y (I forget it's name) just looks stupid

19. Bryant

Bryant Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    [​IMG]

saw this and thought, if that happens that what will happen to my 3ds ... if i had one

Media Fan likes this.
  20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Again, inaccurate meme photo thingy. The other two would get thrown out for being original and Chepsin would be praised for giving out a useless typing no one wants to see. That's how it works at GameFreak. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.