1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers New Pokemon and more discoveries

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Haunted Ditto, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    The Pokémon Company posted a new video about Sword and Shield on their Youtube channel today

In this video we were able to see many new things for Sword and Shield.
    Three completly new Pokémon were announced:
    Screenshot (69).png Screenshot (70).png Screenshot (71).png

And two new gym leaders were shown too:
    Screenshot (72).png Screenshot (73).png
    But not all players will be able to fight both of them. While owners of Pokémon Sword battle Bea, owners of Pokémon Shield have the Chance to fight Allister

They even showcased that Dynamaxing isn't just making your Pokémon bigger. Some Pokémon will be able to change their appearence sligthly and use Special G-Max Moves. This kind of Dynamaxing is called Gigantamaxing.
    Screenshot (74).png

Another addition is that the Champions Cup (probably like the Pokémon League) gets managed by a comittee. The comittee's chairman is called "Rose"

Another announcement which wasn't shown in the Video, but on the official site, are the version's exclusives.
    Sword gets: Deino and Jangmo-o
    And Shield gets: Goomy and Larvitar

That's all I guess!
    What do you think about the new stuff. Are you disappointed or are you even more hype for the games? Tell me your thoughts!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    I'm certainly hyped for this! Gigantamaxing was mentioned in a leak a whole ago that also managed to predict Dynamaxing before it's first reveal. If the leak is actually true, then that means that Pikachu will be able to Gigantomax to have it's classic chubby design, which should be fun.

I also like both of the new Gym Leaders and I'm a bit miffed that I'll only get to fight one. Then again, the last time we had version-exclusive Gym Leaders the one you didn't get to fight would still show up as an NPC, so there's still hope of being able to interact with both.

Also, of the new Pokémon, Duraludon is definitely my favorite. It kind of looks like it should be Steel/Ice rather than Steel/Dragon, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm super hyped about this. I'm excited that Allister is going to be in Shield, because that's the gym leader that I liked a little more (I always like the aesthetic of ghost type trainers), and Shield is the game I was planning on getting anyways. Gigantamaxing looks pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to playing this game and seeing exactly how these things work.

4. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    I'm more hyped after seeing that. Something you didn't mention is that we saw a few more old gen Pokémon that'll be in SwSh, which are Maractus, Hitmontop (possibly a Sword exclusive), Gigalith and Mimikyu. There might be more, but those are the ones that I noticed.

5. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    I'm very excited for this! So even though there's a couple of stuff that I saw in a leak that turned out to be a bit right, I'm still pretty interested in Gigantamaxing and hope that older Pokémon that you see in Max Raid Battle clips are capable of it too like with Mega Evolution (which I am sure will be in the game but in postgame).

Also
    the way they introduce the typical gym challenge and league is really interesting, kind of resembles a lot of UK football terms like the different leagues and sponsors and the Champion's Cup probably being a recerence to how every football tournament I have heard of is called a Cup lol

I have way too many thoughts on all of the new info so Imma keep it brief but one thing for sure -- I am so excited to see the Deino line will be in the version I am picking!!

6. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    still indecisive on which version to get but I'm leaning towards sword

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,164.0
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    -I'm so hyped! I'll probably say that for every Sword and Shield reveal, but I'm genuinely excited for these games.
    -The ghost type gym leader is all the more reason for me to get Shield! I love his/her design, especially the mask.
    -Of the 3 new Pokémon introduced, Alcreme is my favorite. It's cute and sugary.
    -Gigamaxing looks pretty cool. I guess that's what they meant by the Dynamax Pokémon having completely different models.

8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Both of the new gym leaders look interesting, but I might go with Sword since I prefer Bea.

Just like with the previous reveals, I love all the new Pokémon revealed (especially Yamper). If the rest of the Pokémon are this good, Galar might end up having my new favorite roster.

9. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Version exclusive gym leaders is a fascinating idea, but I'm not sure that I like it. The good news here is that it finally feels like the two games won't be almost the exact same, but still similar. The new Pokémon look nice as well, I'm honestly loving the new Pokémon designs thus far.

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    - Alcremie is friend-shaped and I will protect each and every one with my life
    - I kind of feel like they could've just gone with Megas again here. Would make sense since both Galar and Kalos are based off countries in the same continent and make it a continent thing.
    - Version-exclusive gyms? That sounds like a good way to make the two of them a little different.
    - Duraldon also looks amazing! These new Pokémon designs look pretty cool. I like the idea of Rolycoly.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Version exclusive gym leaders is nothing new they did it back in Black and White, but this is still different as each one have a different type they use instead of both just using the same.

I love Yamper although that's not really a new reveal anymore thanks to the E3 demo lol. I also really like Rolycoly and will keep my fingers cross i like any evolutions it may get since it looks like it can evolve.

12. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Tbh the ones that I really like at this point are Corviknight and Duraludon. I'm counting on Dreadnaw and Rolycoly to have neat evolutions though, otherwise I'll probably be disappointed in them.
    Despite the whole national dex thing (which isn't that big of a deal to me), I'm pretty hyped for the games.
    The gym leader and version exclusives solidify my decision to go with Sword, as Hydreigon and Kommo-o will be solid additions to my team and they're some of my favorite dragons.

13. KnightBlader

Mina Ashido
    (Mudkip)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽399.0
    I like the new Pokémon and both gym leaders look interesting. Might be a tad unpopular but I do appreciate that they put in different content for both games outside of just Version exclusive Pokémon, which makes the two version thing more justifiable in the current day and age of gaming.
    Actually, most contests are called leagues. However, Champions Cup is probably oriented by the Champions League, which basically the biggest club-based football tournament in the world, which works out with how big this league seems to be sold, roaring crowds in Stadiums and all.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Rolycoly was the only Pokémon I really liked in this trailer. Yamper looks slightly better in it's official artwork but is still a bad design imo, Alcremie is ok but a bit generic, and Daruladon looks horrendously bad.
    Not a fan of the gigantimax gimmick. Can't believe megas got kicked for this... Gigantimax Alcremie looks alright, while the other gigantimax forms look bad (especially Drednaw. Yikes).
    The gym leaders look cool and we're probably the only parts of the trailer I liked. Chairman Rose looks generic, but I've got a feeling he'll be a villain or something.
    Overall still not impressed with the look of these games, and the lackluster graphics mixed with dexit means I definitely won't be buying them.