1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Resource Painting with VictorLincolnPine (How to use GIMP)

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by VicTheJolteon, Feb 27, 2019.

1. VicTheJolteon

Eric
    (Vulpix)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽157.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    This thread is for learning how to use the Gimp art program. Each episode will be posted here one at a time weekly.

Here is the first

For this one, you will learn how to:

1. Use the Airbrush and the Paintbrush to make a nebula
    2. Use the "Add Jitter" tool and the Paintbrush to make realistic stars
    3. Use the Dodge/Burn tool to make the nebula glow

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Gwoomy likes this.
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Nice! I don't use Gimp so these probably won't be of any use for me, bit it's really kind of you to make tutorials and share them here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @VicTheJolteon Great resource! Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind, could you add a couple sentences below the video in your OP just giving us a brief description about this piece and what it is you're going to show us? Thanks!

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I've never been much of a digital artist, but considering I recently got a tablet for this stuff, this might actually be useful. Anything else I found was either too boring or not clear enough. Than you for this, Vic.

5. VicTheJolteon

Eric
    (Vulpix)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽157.2
    Thunder Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    And here's the next episode link! I really apologize for taking so long, and I am not even sure it's necessary to post the links here, but here it is anyway.

In this episode we will learn how to:

1. make a planet with the Ellipse select tool and multiple layers
    2. make an atmosphere using both the Paintbrush and the Eraser
    3. How to set the scene with a moon and a sun.
    (plus a little extra!)