1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Direct incoming!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gwoomy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PoserPanda likes this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yes I am, and bracing myself for disappointment because there's a chance is high is something I really couldn't care any less about.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rezna likes this.
  3. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'll be home, and I will probably watch it, although my interest in the Pokémon franchise died with Gen V and I have zero expectations or hope that it'll ever be revitalised.

It'd be lovely if this next Direct proved me wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    6AM? I have no desire to get up that early when I'm already going to have a busy day tomorrow, so I definitely won't be watching it live. I'm definitely going to watch it later when I get the chance, though.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    If you don't mind my asking, what would you care about, in this case? An official announcement of Generation 8? A Pokémon MMO where you can visit all regions? A Sinnoh remake?

To answer the question, no. I'll be in class at the time, so I literally will not be able to watch it. At first I didn't have much of an opinion, but I have to agree with this:

https://twitter.com/TheJWittz/status/1100431625744052224

#5 Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    9 am... yeah I’ll be in school. Still hyped anyway!

7. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Calling it now, This will be announced.

image0 (46).jpg

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I'm not really excited, but I'm still gonna watch it. Probably not live, though.

9. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Please no. T_T

I'll just be getting home from work, so I will definitely be watching this live! If something amazing happens, I will probably post about it on here. Perhaps even start a poll up.

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The 2019 Switch title is the only thing I really care about, couldn't care less about spin-offs or a remake when there's something brand new they could reveal, in this case Gen 8. I don't expect to see the Gen 4 remakes till 2021 anyway.

11. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ll probably find it on YouTube after it aired only to have my sub box full of spoilers. I’d watch it while it’s live, but I don’t feel like waking up 3 hours before school.

12. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Considering they had a visit on all 7 core regions, you would think they would conclude it with revealing the 8th generation setting.

I dunno if this is what will happen, but I do hope we get just even a teaser at what they’re going to be. I’ll be at work, so I’ll probably have the threads here and on Reddit flooded with spoilers

Rezna likes this.
  13. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Think So. But We Need To Expect The Unexpected. And It's 7 Minutes Long-So It Can Be More Than Revel Of Gen 8. It Can Be Revel Of Gen 8 +Other Information(Possible Remake Of Sinnoh!?). In Fact, There Is Few Unknown Trademarks Had Been Confirmed. It Just That Only One Is Likely To Be A Video Game. (Rest Are Mostly/Likely TCG Expansion Name). I Don't Know, Only When We Watched The Direct That We Will Find Out!

By The Way, It Is 10 pm On My Timezone When Direct Happen And I Am Just In Time For Bed. So I Can Watch It Live Since It Is 7 Minutes Long. I Already Set Reminder For It, And Now I Need To Work On My Pokémon Day Artwork Before The Direct...

"(*Talking To Cassini Behind The Screen*)Hey Cass(Nickname Of Cassini Spacecraft), Can You Stop Moving? I Need To Draw You And Reshiram For The Pokémon Day Special Artwork!"

14. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I literally wake up at 6AM every morning, meaning shower, get dressed, eat, do whatever my animals need, all that stuff. by the time i'm done the direct would be over ;-;

15. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I have high hopes, yet low expectations. My biggest wish, above all else, is that this new Pokémon really changes the formula for the better (assuming a new game is announced). I'm waking up early to watch this crap, so it had better be worth it. Pokémon is hanging by a thread as one of my favorite video game series. This generation may just be the last chance for me.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'm super excited for this direct, but at the same time I don't want get my hopes up too much.
    I'm thinking that they might reveal the Gen 8 starters and maybe the mascot legendaries. I think it'd be neat if they showed of the new games in a trailer similar to that of XY's reveal.
    I'll really disappointed (but not surprised) if they spend most of the direct talking about LGPE.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I'm not sure. I'll probably watch it late, since it's starting at 10 PM where I live.
    EDIT: Just watched it and... uhhh... mixed feelings.

#17 Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  18. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    I'm staying up and watching. I'm so excited!

19. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Everyone... (*Shouted*) Gen 8 Is Offcially Announced!"

And How The Heck They Named New Pokémon Game After Weapons Now?

20. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Gen 8 is officially announced and I have one thing to say about it... *Inhales*

ENGLAAAAAAAND! :fuming:

Okay, got that out of my system. So happy Galar is gonna be in the United Kingdoms, it looks like. I've been there before, so this will be a huge nostalgia trip for me. Also all the starters are cute, but I'll most likely pick the water chameleon out of tradition (I always pick the water starter first, regardless of looks or final evos).