1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Pokémon Fusion: Rise of the Hybrids (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Kecleon, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Boreas glared at one of the grunts in particular, who in turn was sweating bullets despite the bitter cold. He knew this one. This was the one that deceived him. He continued to glare at this one, silently demanding a reason not to finish him off. A shout drew his attention back to the Golduck. He looked over in time to see him swipe a piece of plastic off of one of the humans. Boreas smirked as he pressed one tail tip against the grunt’s stomach. One of his rescuers had apparently found something of interest.

ZAP!

Worth it, Boreas thought.

The grunt he seemed to be attempting to murder with his gaze alone slumped to the floor, paralyzed from the point-blank electric shock. It hadn’t been enough to kill, and in this instance, the Ninetails was okay with that. He couldn’t afford to spend the extra energy required to finish them off after all. He did, however, sport a satisfied smirk as he followed after the Golduck. It seemed he had a destination in mind.

“You know what? I wish they had made me a Psychic Type just so I could find out from one of them exactly what they’ve done to me besides turning me into an Electric Type.”

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The Hitmontop went into the room first, and Beryl slowly shuffled in behind him, holding her head in her paws. Even though she didn't have much of a choice at the time, she was starting to regret overdoing it with her psychic powers. Still, she tried her best to focus on the task at hand. This room looked the same as it did from the outside. Completely empty. Aside from the door they just came through, there was no way in, and no way out. Still, the other hybrid seemed adamant that this was where the humans came in.

Beryl's train of thought was broken as the Hitmontop spoke again. "Hey, take a look at this. These look like the same strange buttons on the outside. I might not know much about human technology and how it works, but I am willing to bet that these things can help us get out somehow."

Sure enough, as Beryl looked back, she saw another pair of buttons, identical to the ones she'd accidentally pressed before. How had she not noticed them until now? "Let's try it." She reached out and pressed the upwards-facing triangle again. She was expecting it to open another door somewhere, but much to her surprise, the door they came in through began to close.

"There they are! Stop them!"

The footsteps of several Team Rocket grunts echoed through the hallway, getting closer and closer. The door sealed itself shut just in time, right before the grunts managed to reach them. Beryl could hear them outside, trying to force their way in. For a moment, she thought that they'd been cornered, but all of a sudden the room began to move. This caught her completely off guard. She stumbled over to the wall, leaning on it to keep her balance.It felt like it was taking them upward.

"You said this place was underground, right? That means this must be bringing us to the surface."

She let out a sigh of relief. She had a feeling that they weren't quite out of the woods yet, but they were at least a little bit closer to escape.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Auron continued down the hall, running as fast as his legs can carry him. A grunt pulled out from a side hall, and fumbled for his Pokéball in a panic upon seeing the genetic hybrid barreling towards him. A quick Fire Punch to the gut, however, was enough to send the man sprawling to the ground.

Glancing up dowl the hall from where his latest victim appeared from, Auron saw a pair of large, steel doors in front of him. Running up to the doors, they failed to open as he approached, and he couldn't see any kind of handles on the doors either. He glanced around and then spotted the thing he had been hoping to see at some point, a card reader with a persistent red light positioned on the side of the door.

Taking the card he still had from the grunt earlier, he fumbled with the process of scanning it, but after a few attempts, the red right flashed green, and the doors opened, revealing a large room that seemed to have had no purpose. Auron, with his limited time here, knew an elevator when he saw one, and was pleased that this seemed to be a larger one that could fit even their giant ally.

Auron poked his head back out into the hall and signaled to the others. "Get over here. I found our ticket out of here!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Meanwhile, in the control room of the facility, two people examined the chaotic mess it was left in while they had been out of commission.

The black uniformed grunt shook his head. "It's no good. The control panel is fried and most of the cameras were knocked out. Whoever did this covered their tracks well, and made sure that we couldn't stop what was happening from here."

The other person, a woman in a white suit with bright blue hair tied in a bun, growled in frustration. "I'll give them credit, they sure knew how to overturn our whole operation in one evening. However..." Her fist slammed down on the destroyed console. "We have to contain this situation however we can! What's the status on the Spliced Pokémon?"

"Ma'am, it seems that most of them have been removed from the facility, with only a select handful of them remaining. However, the remaining subjects seem to have broken free, and are currently attempting to flee the facility."

"So, they're escaping, but they haven't escaped. Perfect, that means they can still be contained." The woman began to strut towards the door. "Tell our remaining forces to reconvene at the entrance of the ground level. We will head them off there."

Upon exiting the room, she took a Pokéball from her belt and enlarged it, revealing a blue snowflake design across the red hemisphere of the ball. "Let's see if our scientist's hard work produced any results. It is time we fought fire with fire. Or in this case, ice."

The woman arrived at the elevator at the end of the hall, scanning her admin-level security pass, and stepping into the room, a devious smile across her face as the door closed behind her.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    The facility's shadowy corridors greeted Kyanis as they opened their eyes once again, released from their Poké Ball. With a graceful turn, they faced the blue-haired admin, wings and ribbons folded intently along their body to emphasize sleekness. The crystallized beads of their tail even closed in on themselves to form a more orderly formation, almost like a two-prong ribbon.

"Subject AC-144-06." her voice commanded. They bowed, keeping their eyes trained on their superior, prepared for their orders. "A group of Spliced Pokémon have escaped from their enclosure, and will arrive soon. I want you to cut them off and return them here, by any means necessary."

That meant through combat, most likely. Combat against some other less fortunate subjects. Some more rebellious subjects.

"Do not let us down."

They gave a firm nod. One flap of their wings, and Kyanis soared off towards where they were directed to, leaving behind an echo of their cry - to the humans, a clinkling noise like a Cryogonal's, but sharp and bright like a bird of prey. There was no warble - just the way the scientists liked it. The way Kyanis liked it.

As if I ever would.

5. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Umo slid around the grunts, giving them a wide birth to avoid being captured again in one of those little spheres they had. She smelled something burny, it looked like Boreas had just shocked a human.
    “You know what? I wish they had made me a Psychic Type just so I could find out from one of them exactly what they’ve done to me besides turning me into an Electric Type.” Boreas said glumly.

The golem Pokémon thought about it for a moment and stopped next to the fox like fusion.
    "I am a psychic type I think, that's one of the things the humans mentioned about me. I don't know if I can get them to talk though... I mostly just lifted things with either my arms or my mind. I can try though!"
    She held out a hand towards the human, putting her stony palm to the grunts sweaty forehead. He was still pretty shocked by what Boreas had done to him and he barely moved in response, a shaky moan escaping his lips. Umo focused, closing her eyes and stuck her tongue out between her lips. At first she was getting nothing but the light rattling the human's knees made as she held him in her oversized fist. Then something funny happened, the sounds started to sound echoed and she saw faint wisps of colors flow past.

"Get over here. I found our ticket out of here!" a voice rang out, loudly from outside.

That snapped Umo out of it instantly.
    "Oh shoot, sounds like he needs us. Next time ok?" she said as she released the human and resumed her gliding towards the duck-like fusion.

"On my way chief!" she called back jovially.

6. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Boreas had already been on the move when the golem spoke, but he could still hear her. She was a Psychic Type? Too bad he hadn't known that a little sooner. Still, the fact she was a Psychic type meant they had one other option than to sift through the memories of these humans. From the sound of it, she was stopped before she could find out anything.

"You could just try jogging my memory when we have the time," he pointed out to her. "Can't say that I'm sure which is more important: filling in the blanks or getting out of here." Of course, that only really mattered if they were going to find out before they left, especially in a way that hindered their escape.

Either way, it was a gamble, so he would leave that for the others to decide.

Boreas stared into the open room. At first glance, it seemed normal, but Boreas had been in one like this at least once since his capture. As he stepped inside, he looked near the door on the inside of the room. Sure enough, there was a panel there, which confirmed his suspicion that it was a "moving room."

Before he could voice his concerns on whether or not it would be able to support their combined weight, a sharp cry drew his attention. He couldn't be sure if the others had heard it since he couldn't pinpoint its direction. Perhaps it had come from down the hall, or maybe it had come from somewhere above. Regardless, something the one guarding him had said echoed in his head.

“Either you’ll manage to escape, or you’ll get used by one of the higher ups.”

"Sounds like a fight is coming," he warned, frowning with concern. "The last time the human that was guarding me tried to convince me to behave, she said something about me getting used by one of the 'higher-ups,' so it wouldn't surprise me if we go up against someone like us." There DEFINITELY wasn't time to jog his memory of the event.

7. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    The idea of helping someone else with their memories sounded terribly exciting to Umo, though she worried that she wasn't powerful enough to do so. The goolem slipped passed the last of the angry humans and into a strange caged chamber to join her friends, she barely fit with them inside. She stretched up as much as she could, taking more vertical space and a bit less horizontal space. Plastered atop the ceiling of the little chamber she brought her heavy golem arms and held them aloft as her new friends figured out the panel within. Once she settled into the most comfortable position she could, her friend with the bill pressed his claws to the panel which lid up in response, there was a brief pause followed by the whole room lurching upwards slowly. The moving room rattled and groaned with the weight of all 3 fusions inside.

As the three of them waited for the moving room to stop, Umo heard a shriek somewhere above her. Boreas stilled for a moment and responded:
    "Sounds like a fight is coming, The last time the human that was guarding me tried to convince me to behave, she said something about me getting used by one of the 'higher-ups,' so it wouldn't surprise me if we go up against someone like us."

The thought of fighting a fusion was scary but also a bit thrilling, who knows that they would be able to do!.

8. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Auron stared at the warped steel reflection of himself, his eyes appearing distant and thinking of something other than his current predicament. "Whatever is waiting at the top," he finally said, "it won't be enough to stop me. I would rather die than go back to that purgatorial hell, and we have come way too far to stop now. That being said, if they are going waiting for us up there, then..."

After a moment to ponder to himself, Auron glanced at the giant Pokémon that had plastered herself along the walls and ceiling, and as the gears turned in his head, a devious smile formed on his beak. "Hey, you. Do you wanna help me out with something really important? Something only you can do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

*DING* After what seemed to be an eternity, the elevator finally arrived on the ground floor. And when the doors of the metal room finally opened, a loud cry could be heard screaming, "Attack now!"

Suddenly, a flurry of various attacks, ranging from icy crystals to burning flames to sharpened blades of air simultaneously intruded the small room, immediately kicking up a cloud of smoke and debris from within. After a solid minute of nothing but attacks being fired into the elevator, the man who initiated the attack called for them to cease, and the attacks stopped, creating a ringing din of noise as the action winded down. One of the grunts at the frontline snorted. "I don't care how powerful these freaks of nature are. There is no way they could have taken that assault head on."

The grunt leading the charge held up a hand to silence his overconfident comrade, and signaled for several of their number to scope out the scene. With their Pokémon, a Golbat and a Weezing, at their side, they pushed forward into the smoke. A silent pause of about ten to fifteen seconds passed without a sound, before one of the men cried out, "Sir, they aren't- GWAAAGH!"

The two grunts and their Pokémon suddenly flew out of the elevator, crashing into their fellow team members, and before the initial shock from the event faded, the Golduck hybrid flew out of the elevator and crashed into an Arbok with his head aglow with psychic energy from a Zen Headbutt. The Pokémon's trainer attempted to react, but a quick Fire Punch put him down.

Looking around at the chaotic scene around him, he couldn't help but smirk about how well his plan went. "Having that giant tear a hole in the top of that elevator with the help of my fire really did the trick. I figured there would be an ambush. Thank goodness my hunch was right." And as he saw the other two rushing out of the elevator, his beak lit up with more fire. "Now then, you rotten scum are going down! It's time for the final push!" he cried out in triumph as he leapt back into the fray.

9. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Boreas had to admit, hiding on top of the moving room was brilliant idea. Clearly, the Golduck had known more about it than he did. The room moved with cables that either pulled it upward or lowered it. When it stopped, he watched attacks fly past the hole their friendly green giant had made.

He was the next one to jump down, taking a place next to the Golduck. So long as he kept the water type away from his line of fire, he could make use of what the humans had put in him. He let loose a blast of lightning that went wide, missing the Cloyster he had been aiming at and hitting the trainer instead.

"Oops," Boreas uttered with no hint of remorse, making it abundantly clear that he didn't have full control over where the Thunder landed. The Cloyster tried to react but was knocked out by a second volley of lightning. "That's better."

HIs efforts were rewarded with a sudden stream of flames whizzing pass his head. His gaze focused on a certain Camerupt. His human partner was standing behind him, having adopted the grin of a Meowth.

"Miss me?" the Camerupt asked

"Missing an attack on purpose? What are you up to?" Boreas asked, an amused grin across his vulpine muzzle.

"Marget. How nice of you to join us," one of the rockets told the Camerupt's trainer. At this, the woman dropped her grin.

"Stuff it. Recapturing the Ninetails is my job," she retorted. "Unless you want it going Mega again?" She smirked lightly as the grunt paled. "Didn't think so." Overhearing this exchange, Boreas frowned with concern.

Sadly, this was not a time to ask questions. However, with there were two things he was sure of, it's that this woman who had been guarding him had a plan of getting herself out of here, and what she was talking about had something to do with his blackout.

10. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    "Hey, you. Do you wanna help me out with something really important? Something only you can do?" The fire fusions words had rung like beautiful music to Umo's ears. He melted a circle into the moving room's ceiling with a precise jet of fire, it glowed a dull orange for a moment and groaned when Umo pushed up against the center on his command. After a couple of shoves the metal sheet of the ceiling buckled and folded inwards over Umo's extended arms, a woosh of cold, stale smelling air rushing in from the new opening.

She shoved the plate to a corner of the moving room and stretched out to her full height, feeling the wind rushing past. Her friend climbed their way up onto the remains of the ceiling, laying low to avoid the thick cables holding the room as it rushed upwards. Umo tried to follow up but she felt the weakened steel buckle worryingly beneath her earthen fists, she pondered for a moment and decided to just hike up her legs on the walls of the moving room, essentially sandwiching its ceiling between her chest and legs, she let some of her green slime extend from her rocky fingertips, keeping a sticky hold onto the metal as she hung there a bit awkwardly. She wasn't really sure why they were doing this but her new friend seemed really happy with her performance so that made her quite happy in return, maybe they just needed some air? They hunkered down lower as the moving room slowed, they apparently had arrived to their destination, Umo was about to lower herself down but the firey fusion grabbed her arm and put his clawed hand out asking her to wait. There was a "Ding!" from below as the doors of the moving room opened, then blasts of elemental energy erupted into the open doors.

There was a moment of quiet and as Umo heard a couple of human voices nearby her friend signaled to drop and she did, almost on top of one of the humans that were investigating the blast area. As she reconfigured her form back to normal Umo felt her friends jump down on her back, bounding forward and taking down the humans that had just arrived with flashes of lightning and fire. The moving room was still full of acrid smoke as she crawled out of the tiny doors into a much bigger chamber with a whole lot more humans and Pokémon. She had never seen so many in one place.

"Now then, you rotten scum are going down! It's time for the final push!" her firey friend called out as he rushed ahead.

Umo stretched out to her full height for the first time in a while and found that she towered over a lot of the Pokémon present. A long, dark snake Pokémon jumped from the shadows to her right and attempted to wrap her legs with its powerful coils. She hopped forward a few times as she heard it hiss and pant from between its large red fangs. Umo paused and let her friends get further, out of the range of her attack, she could hear other humans and Pokémon closing in behind them, trying to ambush them as they left out the elevator.

"I am going to need my legs to keep up with everyone Mr.Snake, if you wont let go...I'll have to do.... THIS!" Umo finished with a shout and leaped as high as she could into the air her psychic power bursting from the insole of her feet. She hunched down as she reached the ceiling of the chamber and slapped her earthen palms against it as hard as she could and rocketed back down to the floor of the chamber, landing in a Bulldoze attack. She felt her feet dig down into the stoney floor and watched as waves of dust spread out around her followed by a loud rumble and fissures spreading out in a radius around her. The hold the serpentine Pokémon had on her legs loosened right away, the caved in floor causing the other Pokémon to break their charge and slow down. Umo lifted her feet out of the hole she had created and charged forward to catch up to the others, there was a very pretty looking bird fusion at the end of the room and it looked ready to attack them and Umo did not want to leave her friends alone with that.

11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Kyanis kept their gaze unflinchingly forwards as a Seviper and several other Pokémon flew past them from the Bulldoze, the shockwaves simply passing by them with their Levitate. They watched as a burst of electricity sparked behind the hulking Spliced in front, illuminating several other of the experiments behind them. A different grunt stepped forward to deal with the electric one, whilst the Bulldozing giant had stopped for a moment before coming at them.

So these are who the admins needed taken care of. Time to make this quick.

As the giant hurtled towards them, Kyanis closed their eyes. With a raise of their wings, a frigid Mist began to flood the room. While they didn't have Smokescreen, this would have to be enough cover for their next move. Their wings, crystallized and hardened for such a manoeuver, began to gleam under the dim lights as they prepared for a Steel Wing attack. Kyanis readjusted their position - good, ribbons in check, tail kept together - and launched themself at their targets in the distance, rushing right past the hulking giant. That fiery-looking creature in the distance will have to go down first.

12. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Auron continued his onslaught of attacks, single-handedly taking down both human and Pokémon alike, when he felt the ground literally shifting underneath his feet. He took a quick glance behind him to see that giant literally breaking the floor through its powerful Bulldoze attack, and once again he was thankful that this goliath of a Pokémon was on his side.

A sudden chill went up Auron's spine as he noticed the air fill with smoke. No, wait, not smoke. It's a fog or mist of some kind. He glanced at the Ninetales, wondering if this was his doing, but he seemed pre-occupied zapping a whole group of grunts and their Pokémon to be actively doing something to the room around them. Then what was-

An instinctive alarm went off in Auron's head, screaming one thing, "DANGER INCOMING!" Without a second thought, Auron leaped into the air and fired a Flamethrower into the mist. He spotted a shadow within narrowly avoiding his fire attack and veering towards him. He ignited both of his fists and braced for impact, and felt the air fly out of his lungs as an iron-hard appendage crashed into his chest. The Golduck was sent flying into the nearest wall, and he coughed and sputtered as he attempted to breathe again.

When he was finally able to catch his breath, he looked up and saw some kind of bird Pokémon glaring down at him, a mostly blue Pokémon with an otherwise striking assortment of crystallized ice forming its wings. "So... *huff huff* ...I take it you're with them?" Auron said with a scowl of his own.

13. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Around the time that Mist had started to fill the room, Boreas’ Snow Warning had kicked in, sending pieces of ice flying about. He wasn’t the only one in this mess, so he had to try his best to help while also defending himself. The glow of the spheres adorning his body pierced the mist as he summoned an aurora that wrapped around the trio of escapees like a suit of armor.

“Looks like those two will be kept busy,” Margret noted. “Guess I didn’t need to bring an ace in the hole to keep them at bay after all.” Boreas eyed the Camerupt curiously.

“Don’t look at me. I know about as much as you, and I still wouldn’t tell you anyway,” the Camerupt responded.

“Camerupt, Sunny Day!” On Margret’s command, Camerupt launched a miniature sun from the volcano, which enveloped the ceiling in artificial sunlight. Perhaps they were more serious than thy let on.

Still, was rain the right play to make next? A quick glance toward the Golduck said otherwise. Wait, was that an ice bird?

“Did they really send an ice bird after us?” he asked. “I thought humans were supposed to be smart.”

“They’re smart enough to catch you.” The Camerupt’s comment was rewarded by Boreas summoning a blizzard. Margret was forced to take cover behind the camel Pokémon lest she get frozen, a fate the Fire Type was soon met with.

The Camerupt did not stay frozen long, however. The ice cracked and shattered, much to Boreas’ annoyance.

“How very cold of you,” Camerupt quipped.

“Fire Blast!” That one command told Boreas all he needed to know: there would be no holding back. If he wanted out, he had to beat a near perfect counter to himself, and possibly alone. If he broke away to help the others, he was going down.

Luckily, he had no intention of holding back.

The Camerupt launched a fireball from his mouth. Boreas could feel the searing heat as he jumped to one side, narrowly avoiding it as it exploded behind him.

“Get ready for rain!” the Ninetails called out to the Golduck. He had no choice in the matter if he wanted to win: summon rain or get hit with a powered up Fire Blast. There was no way he could take one of those without being at full strength.

Of course, he had no way of knowing about the Golduck’s ability

14. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    A pretty cloud of mist filled the large room as Umo got up from the small crater she had created in the floor. She had never really seen snow before so she looked around a bit surprised as a heavy thud impacted her in the back, a human's Rhyhorn had charged right down the slope of the crater, impacting Umo with a heavy Double Edge. Not wanting to harm too many more Pokémon, Umo brought her body in tighter, the earthen plates of armor lining up and leaving very little exposed green goop. There was a brief shimmer of silver as she activated her Iron Defense and stepped up past the crater, leaving the Rhyhorn behind. She looked around a bit lost as her friends were among the shadows in the mist. There was a flash of light and an orb of gold that rose up to the ceiling, shining brightly. The light shimmered off something faceted, like a creature made of gems or ice, a beautiful icy bird glided across the battlefield effortlessly and Umo couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of their grace.

“Fire Blast!” called out one of the humans and a flare of red shimmered against the icy air to Umo's right, she ducked her head in defensively as the attack exploded, its heat flaring out near her. She had lost sight of her duckbilled friend in the mist but she could see the fox hybrid from before getting hounded by a familiar large, humped Pokémon. Boreas definitely looked like they could use a hand and hastily so Umo ran over and got between the two combatants, holding her hands out wide appart trying to cover her new friend from any more firey projectiles.

"You should quit now fire fella, 2 on 1 won't be fun for you!" Umo called out to the camel Pokémon. She stilled her mind readying a Protect if they attacked again.

#34 Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    As the Golduck hybrid struggled back to his feet, Kyanis only continued closing in, the clack of their sharpened claws and the icy pebbles raining around them forming a cacophony of clatters. A Fire Blast from a coworker erupted behind them, the embers reflecting off their frozen feathers as the steely effect faded from their crystallized wings.

Their opponent appeared to have some fight left in him, what with his rhetorical question. Kyanis almost wanted to snark back, their eyes narrowing at the comment. But the mission came first, of course. After all, their tests had more than taught them how to deal with this little resistance. They let him finish his question, then spread their wings again.

"Your revolution is only going to cause more trouble for the both of us, subject. Stand down while you still can," they commanded. While they knew - and the spliced before them probably also did - that words wouldn't defuse the situation whatsoever, they had to make their point clear, as per protocol.

What would likely soon follow was the part Kyanis was actually trained for - back to the battle. Now that they no longer had the element of surprise on their side, and a type disadvantage very much present in their imminent showdown, they were quick to swoop back to the air with a Fly. They proceeded to pick up speed, darting in and out of range of the Golduck hybrid before them, attempting to draw out his next move while they appeared to have the mobility advantage.

16. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    “Thanks,” Boreas thanked the golem.

“Guess I’ll be taking that risk after all,” Margret said as she held a Pokéball. “Eevee!” The ball popped open, releasing an Eevee, but not like any Boreas had ever seen.

This one stood on two legs with some portions of her body having black fur. A pair of aura sensing nodes hung from her head. The fact that she was yet another hybrid was not what bothered Boreas. What bothered him was how young she was. She had to be just old enough to survive without her family.

Just how long had they kept her here? How close had she come to death?

“You brought that Eevee?! She’s still undergoing rehab!” one of the other grunts reminded her.

“Would you rather that I didn’t have a back-up plan?” Margret retorted. Still, with two of the Spliced teaming up, the tide of battle had already turned for the Camerupt. She knew that one unevolved Spliced would not save him.

Boreas, meanwhile, had his own problem. The sudden introduction of the spliced Eevee left him in whirlwind of his own emotions. Outrage against the humans, and sorrow and sympathy for the Eevee before him. He could feel the stone in his chest growing warmer.

“Calm down.” Boreas blinked in confusion. Whose voice was that? “You need to calm down. If you don’t, then your new friends will be in danger.” Of course. The Psychic type that had teleported with her.

Heeding his advice, he inhaled sharply and exhaled shakily, trying his best to calm down. It was clear that the Eevee’s presence had shaken him.

“There’s something wrong with that one,” she stated.

“We know,” the Camerupt responded.

“I will handle the Eevee. You take care of Volcano Humps,” Boreas stated.

“Sand Attack! Earth Power!” At Margret’s command, the Eevee brought her foot back and kicked the floor, instantly turning a portion of it into sand while also launching it for Boreas’ face. Reacting quickly, the Ninetales used his tails to block the sand.

Meanwhile the Camerupt reared up on his back legs before slamming his front feet onto the floor. The Golem might notice the floor beneath her cracking before exploding. Boreas launched yellow rings of electricity hoping to paralyze the Eevee. Instead, they went wide and hit a grunt.

“Happy accident,” he admitted.

17. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    “I will handle the Eevee. You take care of Volcano Humps.” Boreas called out flatly, his tone of voice had changed, hardened somehow.

Lost in thought for but a moment, looking the new comer fusion up and down, the ground underneath Umo exploded in ruddy brown light. The earth heaved like a giant, even bigger than Umo had slammed into it from below, she felt her broad feet leave the floor for a moment as the golden energy sizzled against her armored plating. Too late for Protect now, she had not expect a blast from below like that, wanting to get the fight away from her friend and the new, oddly cute fusion that had appeared Umo held out one of her stone hands, fingers splayed, towards the Camerupt. As she landed on her knee she released the psychic energy built into her into a repelling blast. A pulse of blue power emerged from her palm and slammed into her opponent sending it flying back, closer to the moving room where Umo and the rest of the party had emerged into this chaos. She could feel her inner body leaking in places from the Camerupts previous assault, she could only hope the Pokémon would take this chance to leave now that it was away from the trainer. Even if he did not leave she would use the distance she had made as a chance to Recover, beads of green ooze sliding from the floor and back into her body, sealing cracks in the stone armor and making her feel a whole lot better.

"You are pretty strong Mr. Humps but itll take more than that to topple me!" Umo yelled as her health was restored significantly.
    "Give up now or we will be doing this all day!"

18. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    The newly dubbed Mr Humps snorted in annoyance. "I don't approve that nickname," he retorted before exhaling a jet of flames at the other Ground-Type.

Boreas launched another Thunder Wave at the Eevee. He didn't want to hurt her if he didn't have to, and the chances were good that she didn't fully know what she was doing. The Eevee tripped and caught herself with one arm, but still managed to dodge the second Thunder Wave.

"Hesitating, are we?" Margret asked with a smile that almost seemed cruel. Perhaps to the others it was cruel, but Boreas wasn't buying the cruelty. This human's aid hadn't been an act, but this was. No, this was a smile of confidence. "Force Palm." Boreas was too stunned to move at first as the Eevee built up power in one of her palms and jumped into the air.

At the last possible moment, Boreas broke from his stupor and leapt to one side, narrowly avoiding the Super-Effective move as it smashed into the floor. The close proximity left the Eevee open for a Thunder Wave, but instead Boreas leapt backwards before a follow-up could come. Act or not, the human was serious about not letting them leave without a fight. He underestimated the young hybrid, and it almost costed him.

"And here I thought you wanted to escape," Mr Humps mocked as he noted Boreas' struggle. The Ninetales hybrid grimaced at the stinging remark. Fighting this way was only going to lose them the battle.

19. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,004.3
    Auron stumbled to his feet, still catching his breath from the previous impact, and listened to the avian hybrid spout his obviously regurgitated order to him to stand down. Naturally, he had to resist the urge to spit on the ground in response.

With both of them immediately reaching a subconscious understanding in how meaningless their current line of conversation would be, the bird spread its wings and took off high above the battle before darting in and out about him while the chaotic scene proceeded around him "I get it. Trying to confuse me with your aerial advantage." He clenched both fists. "I don't like doing this, but if I'm getting out of here, I have no choice."

Auron felt the flames reach into the back of his throat, and immediately quenched the flames as a billowing smoke began to erupt from his beak, quickly smothering both himself and the local area in an inky black cover, which mixed with the mist already permeating the room to create a very dense cover about him. Doing his best to ignore the screaming pain occurring in the back of his throat that made him want to cough and gag his eyes out, he moved as silently as possible through the cover as he attempted to reach the area where the next step of his current plan could be enacted, hopefully avoiding the sharp gaze of his current opponent in the meantime.

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    The icy white mist around the battlefield began to morph into dark smog as their Spliced opponent began to sputter out defensive smoke. Kyanis growled in frustration as their line of sight slowly began to fog up with the sooty air. The sound of the battle raged on around them, the crash of some projectile ringing through the air. No good. They could neither hear nor see their target.

At this point, any sane Pokémon in the fight would call in an ally, or turn the tide to focus on the major getaway. Any single Spliced Pokémon, no matter how controllable or with how many issues, usually warranted full teams to go after them, and that fiery duck definitely had more allies.

But this was their mission.

They couldn't fail.

They WOULDN'T fail.

With a screech of rage, Kyanis dove to the ground in a risky play. Spreading their wings wide, they began to beat them at a chillingly fast pace. Their crystallized wings lowered the temperature of the gusts they created, creating an Icy Wind to hopefully clear away both the Mist and Smokescreen. Their eyes stayed wide, alert, and angry, seeking out the fires of their opponent - but keeping them a literal sitting duck as they searched for the one that got away.