1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Potential DLC for OR/AS?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Hylian, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    *WARNING SPOILERS!!!*

So I finally unlocked the battle resort, and you go to the top you can see a small scale replica of the Battle Tower from R/S/E with a sign in front of it saying *The Battle Frontier project has started!". Another thing is that if you go to the Battle Maison and talk to a guy in a black suit standing on the balcony, he will mention Scott from Emerald. Also, after the Delta Episode, you can talk to various people and they will start saying that some Pokémon are reacting to Mega Stones when they weren't before. Steven also steps down as League Champion and gives the post to Wallace, however, you can not fight Wallace in the League, and Steven is still there. Wallace also mentions Juan and Palmer.

What do you guys think of all this? Could these event just be subtle nods towards how Emerald was different than Ruby and Sapphire, or do you think they could possible be hinting at a Battle Frontier DLC, or even a Emerald Remake? Personally I think it is more likely they are hinting towards DLC, as the Delta Episode was kind of a nod towards the plot of Emerald. It also is a possibility they might make DLC, considering they are already putting Mewtwo in Smash 4 in 2015 as DLC, meaning Nintendo is starting to warm up to making DLC.

Let me know what your guys take on this is!

2. Nocturne

Nocturne Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Depends on if its payed DLC or not. Nintendo did say at some point in an interview, which I can't quite remember where the new article was, said they do not plan on making DLCs for Pokémon, however for something like emerald's special features it'd be nice. However, I also would not pay money to use the battle frontier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I don't vene have the game. If I have luck I will have it soon. But if a DLC cmoes, I want it xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lakey

Lakey Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I would love dlc for the game, especially if it inculded new megas. I would pay 20 dollars at most for it. Maybe 30 if Mega Milotic were a thing.

5. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I wouldn't want to pay for it, but a DLC is something that could easily bring a lot of people to pay more money. I would actually buy it anyways because I just love Pokémon :).

6. Scriffignano

Scriffignano PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    *Pokémon releases DLC* TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

7. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    I highly doubt that there will be DLC. If GF wanted to add new features, I think they would rather make a new game for it. I remember there was this interview where they said they wouldn't do DLC because they wanted the full game to be available to the players right away.

8. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Okay, there is something that Zinnia says during the Delta Episode that I think can explain this.
    The second time you see Zinnia in the Space Centre, she talks about how her people have speculated the concept of a parallel universe. She mentions that in this universe there would be mostly the same Hoenn region, but they didn't have the capabilities of Mega Evolution and Primal reversion, they wouldn't have the capabilities to avoid the meteor that was heading towards ORAS Hoenn. This could also explain why there are some massive differences in the towns and locations in Hoenn and trainers.

According this this logic, something in the lore of ORAS has delayed the creation of the Battle Frontier, and so there is no Battle Frontier in this game.

9. That Weirdd Guy

That Weirdd Guy PKMN Breeder

Buddy
    (Sableye)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    I am really hoping that the references to the battle frontier are not just a tease, but I kind of feel like they are. I also highly doubt they will make a Delta Emerald game, seeing how that is the name of the post game. I would love DLC, but I highly doubt that it will happen.

10. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I think there is possibility for DLC, however slim! It would be neat to have the Emerald Battle Frontier come back and have it revamped for the new generation. I loved the Frontier a lot, and it would be awesome to revisit it in ORAS.

I'm personally hoping for some DLC relating to Hoopa, once it's officially revealed. It does have quite a few ties to ORAS from what I've seen so far, so it would make sense for it to have some extra content. Either way, I do hope that there are some events like that coming up, it would be a nice change from the typical "download this Pokémon into your game" events that we've gotten these past few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.