1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

PS4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Unknown, Feb 23, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I saw a commercial about it on youtube, but here's a clip I found pertaining to the ps4:

What do you guys think of the ps4? it's coming out late this year. I might get it, but i already have a 360. It's probably not gonna be on my winter wishlist....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Snivinerior

Snivinerior Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.1
    I personally haven't played a PS3 yet but maybe, better graphics and performance I suppose... Anyway, PS3 emulators doesn't exist yet so... it'll maybe take forever to make a Ps4 one cause it hasn't been released.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Honestly, a PS3 emulator is just a gaming PC. It's not as simple as emulating it with a program like 16 bit games or a PS1 for example.

PS4 is looking pretty slick but I won't be out waiting in line for it. Might get one at a much later date with a price drop and confirmed titles I would want. If a new Final Fantasy is exclusive on it (Square-Enix loves Sony, it's probable) that would be what would really make me want to get one.

4. Luxman

Luxman School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I heard its going to to be $1,500.

5. Stark

Stark

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    ^I sincerely doubt that.

6. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    If they make it either too expensive, or too cheap, they'll lose money. Sony knows that. With the Vita, they sold it at an unprofitable price, only to compete with the 3DS, hoping to sell more in games. I'm not sure how that worked out though...

7. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Oh yeah, the Vita. It was one of the biggest financial flops of 2012.

I could see the PS4 going for a good $500-600 when it's first released, similar to how the PS3 was priced. A bit expensive yet was still a great success. I would assume they are going to work on having more launch titles ready this time around, one of the things I remember hearing constantly about PS3 when that came out was "lolnogaems".

8. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    Unfortunately, PS2 is probably going to be the last video game system I will get from Sony. Along with the old school PSP.
    The PS3 didn't really appeal to me because a lot of the games I wanted to play, scurried over to the 360 or (on a rare occassion) wii.
    So as of current, I am not very interested on getting the PS4. But it does look pretty cool though.

9. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    If it's better than the next Xbox then I'll get it. But you never know next Xbox might make a come back.

Sony > Microsoft.

tacoroach likes this.
  10. tacoroach

tacoroach Collector

(Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.7
    I love Sony. It's what I grew up with and a lot of my favourite games were played on Sony Consoles. I'll definitely get the PS4, I just don't know when. If I had the money I'd buy it on release date but I severely doubt I'll come into that kind of cash.

My brother and I were discussing it and he's hoping that The Last Guardian will be released for PS4. If you didn't know, it's by the same dude/company who did Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm that happens. That will definitely sell me the PS4.

11. Azalea1

Azalea1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Nuh-uh.

I'm a Sony fangirl but the PS4 does not impress me so far. It has no backwards compatibility and that's what makes me love my PS3, I got one of the oldies that plays PS2 games and I have a decent sized library for PS2, so I get a lot out of my PS3.

I wouldn't consider the PS4 until way down the road when a lot of games have been released, and only one or two games looked appealing to me at the announcement conference.

12. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    Pretty lame :) I still wouldn't get it though. I almost got a ps3 since it had FFXIII but I realized it's a bit too much to spend for just 1 game so I ended up not getting it. I haven't even played on my ps2 in so long. I've mostly been playing 3DS games so I won't be getting it xD

13. tacoroach

tacoroach Collector

(Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.7
    Unfortunately, the PS3 I got didn't have backwards capability anyway. Well, it kinda did. I could play ps1 games but not ps2 games. Regardless, I didn't mind much. I just plugged in my PS2 when I wanted to play those games.

FFXIII(Which I felt was a disappointment, personally) was one of the main reasons I got a PS3 along with the potential coming of FFXIII Versus (Damn yooou!) but I ended up getting into a lot of different series like The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Also, individual games like Sleeping Dogs and Infamous reeled me in and it eventually brought the PS3 up to my favourite console of all time I think.

Sorry! Just reminiscing!!

14. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    Only the slim PS3's had backward compatibility. I could see why PS4 couldn't be able to do backward compatibility...(graphics are way too good)

15. tacoroach

tacoroach Collector

(Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽47.7
    Actually, I had the slim and it could only do PS1 Games. I think it was the original PS3 that could only play PS2 games.

16. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    Maybe your right.

17. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I see lack of backwards compatibility to be a real dick move on the part of any company where it can easily be done. What reason is there to not reward the people who have bought the games released for your platforms over the the years? Might as well treat your updated console like an update to your console line. Even if PS4 isn't going to be able to play PS1 and 2 games, that I can sort of understand, it should damn well be able to play PS3 games.

tacoroach likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.