1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Questions for your resident Eagle Scout

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by BraviaryScout, May 28, 2017.

1. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Sorry for taking so long. Hope I didn't leave anyone hanging. :)

Yup. But have you heard of Scout in doubt? XD

Because eagles are beautiful majestic creatures. Braviary's Pokédex entries is one of my all-time favorites from its selfless nature and not being daunted by stronger foes. How is that not admirable?

I'll consider you a friend as long since we haven't had bad blood. :)

I was a little sketchy since I normally don't actively go onto these kinds of websites with a bunch of people I don't trust. Since then, I realized that it was a mistake because everyone has been so warm and inviting...a lot of people on here have basically become an extended Internet family of sorts. If that makes sense.

I used to be in Boy Scouts of America when I was younger. In 2012, I attained the rank of Eagle, the highest rank and honor a Scout can achieve. It's known for being difficult to achieve too. Not sure of the exact numbers: out of all the boys that are signed into Scouting, maybe 4% of them make Eagle and I personally feel very proud to be a part of that select few. Since Braviary is Pokémon's counterpart to eagles, I thought the name was fitting.

I first saw Lillie in the trailers as Kukui's mysterious assistant who was set to play a key role in Sun & Moon's plot. Being completely honest here:

I did not have a very high opinion of her. Her description said that she disliked Pokémon battling and seeing them injured, so I was led to believe that she was going to be a folly against the player by questioning the morals behind battling, akin to what N did in Black & White. So I had the thought that she was going to be the whining and needy kind that would eventually come to constant annoying of the player.

Wow...how wrong I was to judge that book by its cover. Lillie pretty much stole my heart and my approval as perhaps one of my three ALL time favorite Pokémon characters. My original opinion is a pretty big shocker considering I'm a die hard shipper of her and Elio (Sun & Moon male trainer).

Yes! There was one time where I did laser tag for my birthday party. Me and eleven other friends got one of those high end sets and got to play it in a SWAT training area. It was a blast.

It's about 75/25 for cold/hot ratio. More so in the cold winter time. I like to have stuff like tea, hot chocolate and coffee.

Junior year...high school football against our bitter rival. I scored a 70 yard pick 6 to seal the game. The other team was driving downfield and I managed to intercept the ball when it was tipped by the defense. So I ran back to return it for a touchdown and everyone was coming after me. In that chaos, I stopped running briefly to fake everyone out before finding an opening and running right into the endzone before either team figured out what was happening.

Kind of similar to this play in the NFL. Obviously you'll have to watch it on YouTube and I'm the guy with the ball.

Yes! They are beautiful, majestic creatures and my favorite bird ever!

Braviary! Totally not biased!

Okay, that's probably cheating, so I'll go with Noivern. Love its sleek design and it's a savage in the games as well!

Thanks everyone :) I shall return the favor!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OzoneFruit and Gwoomy like this.
  2. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Have you/do you plan to donated/donate your any organs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Ahahahahahaha, that's amazing, great job on running it all the way down! XD

Do you still play football or have you moved on to other stuff?

4. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ Do you reuse your plastic bags?

~ What's your opinion on naming towns after famous places (ie Athens, NY)?

~ Do you prefer curtains or blinds?

5. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Thanks. Kind of an instinct play rather than something planned out. A lot of the time, my feet moved before my mind did. :P

I still play on occasion with friends, but nothing competitively.

I hardly every use plastic bags anymore. Most of the time when I get groceries and other things, I'll bring reusable canvas bags. Only time I'll really get plastic is whenever raw meat is involved and I throw them out to avoid cross contaminating.

Here in California, (at least where I live) you get charged .25 for each plastic bag used.

Pretty awesome. One time I told someone I've been to Brisbane and they thought I meant Brisbane, Australia.

I actually meant Brisbane, California.

I have blinds in my place and I like to have just a little bit of light if I want things to be dark.

Thanks for asking guys :)

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,858.8
    If you had the power to go back in time and change one thing, either in your own life or just in human history, what would you change?

#206 Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Sorry for taking so long to answer this man.

Personally, I wish I could go back into my high school years and be more studious and take my work more seriously. I graduated and all, but there really was nothing exceptional and I didn't visit many colleges or have any plan of what to do once school was over.

Even if I had no idea what I wanted to be, I could still go for an Associative Arts degree which is a jack-of-all trades.

8. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Sonic, Sanic, or Senkick?

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: What's something about yourself that tends to surprise people when they hear about it?

:: Have you ever wanted to go deep-sea diving?

:: Are you a fan of bad lip reading? You sound like the kind of person who might be.

10. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Uhh...Sanic...whatever that means XD

I'm the tallest in my family...on both sides. It is quite surprising considering that I'm not a particularly tall person.

Yes! That would be a dream come true! I've gone scuba diving a couple times before, so it's definitely something I'd love to do.

I love watching the bad lip reading videos on YouTube and sometimes reiterate some of the lines that are catchy and funny.

Thanks guys :)

11. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    ~ Is there any reason you chose for your "thing" on LV to be being a scout?

~ Do you find bad grammar/spelling distracting in writing?

~ What are you hoping will hatch out of your egg?

12. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    If you're referring to my username, then I used to be in Boy Scouts. I earned the rank of Eagle back in 2012 and Braviary is Pokémon's counterpart to the eagle.

If you're referring to something else, please let me know and I can elaborate :)

When I read a story, I want to read about it instead of trying to decipher everything. I really consider it distracting if I have to make an effort to figure out what is being told.

I'm guessing it'll be a Johto legendary. So my hopes are on Ho-Oh or Lugia :)

13. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I was more referring to why you chose for people to know you by being in the Boy Scouts, if you see what I mean. When they see the username BraviaryScout, they think Boy Scouts. Was this a conscious choice and why if so?

14. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Yup. To me, Boy Scouts was my childhood. I started out as a Tiger Cub (basically the kindergarten version) and worked my way up all the way into Boy Scouts and the rank of Eagle. I know it's been a subject of much controversy recently, but being in the Scouts taught me a lot about society and the place I'm seeking to fit into. I'm pretty sure I would be a much different person if I chose to drop out.

Another reason I like telling others I'm an Eagle is because there's very few who end up earning this rank. Last time I checked, the statistics were something around less than 2% of all boys who go into Boy Scouts end up making it to the top. It's a long difficult process that takes quite a bit of dedication and I do pride myself on being part of that elite few. There's a lot of notable people out there from business leaders, famous athletes, even presidents like Gerald R. Ford who are all Eagles. I think I'm in pretty good company :)

15. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Were you in the Cub Scouts as well?
    If you could change any item you own into gold, what would it be?

16. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Yup. Started out as a Tiger Cub.

Oooh if I had the Midas touch? My SIG Sauer 40 millimeter. This way I can be the Man with the Golden Gun!

17. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    What is one thing you're looking forward to in Hawaii?

How many Comfeys do you think you'll see there?

18. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Do you prefer Skittles or M&Ms?

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Other than achieving the rank of Eagle Scout, what was the most significant moment of your Boy Scouting tenure, and why?

:: Do you enjoy looking out over the horizon, at the top of some high point?

:: Dude, where's my car?

20. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    OMG questions! My thread isn't dead after all!
    Hmm. Tuna fishing, scuba diving, parasailing (this is my first time, super excited) and ziplining. I don't even think that's everything we'll be doing either.

I think I'll see plenty! For starters I got laid...I mean lei'd when I walked out of the airport :D

Cadbury Eggs!

Okay fine...hehe, I have a preference for M&Ms. Not much of a fan of fruit-based candies.

This isn't an individual accomplishment, more of a group of us. We were an article in a Boys' Life issue (Boy Scouts' official monthly magazine) on a 10-day high adventure hike through the Grand Canyon. One of our leaders suffered heatstroke and overexerting himself that we had to call in rangers and a helicopter airlifted him to the hospital. We were all awarded Honor Medals with crossed palms...one of Scouting's highest honors.

Yes. Unfortunately, the mountains near my home are at least a 90 minute drive away from everything. It wouldn't make much sense to waste gas on that.

Although we're going to see Kilauea while here on the big island, so I'll definitely enjoy the view from that point. :)

I'm sensing something very Canadian about this question :D

Thanks everyone for the questions! I'll be sure to ask some in return :)

SnowboundBecca likes this.