1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Questions for your resident Eagle Scout

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by BraviaryScout, May 28, 2017.

1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Where is his car mate? Give it back :P

Do you like eating sushi?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think a friend of mine told me about a story much like this many years ago. Shame I don't remember the specifics, though... It had to have been at least five years ago, probably even longer.

:: What's your opinion of orchestral music? Do you personally enjoy listening to it?

:: What sport do you enjoy watching the most?

:: Is my car somewhere in Canada?

3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Oh do tell.

Yup! Loooove sushi! I am a sucker for nigiri and sashimi, especially sake, ebi and maguro.

That's pretty cool. The Scouting Magazine I get every month has a comic strip in every issue depicting stuff like that. It's really impressive to see how much skills Scouting has taught me as well as a lot of other young men that we use nowadays.

Yes! Having played the viola in orchestra through grade school, I do have a good appreciation for the romantic period. Contemporary orchestra is also enjoyable too!
    Favorite composers have to be Frederic Chopin, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Richard Wagner, Samuel Barber and Felix Mendelssohn.

Personally I like to watch American football the most on television. Although I love baseball and basketball, they're less action-y than football.

If it's in the urban jungle better known as Toronto, finding it just got twenty times harder :P

Thanks for the questions guys :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Time to place the super-magnet directly above Toronto, then.

:: Have you ever had an opportunity to use a crossbow?

:: What's the 'greenest' place you've ever been (in terms of vegetation)?

:: Do you get lost when you have a lot of tabs open?

5. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽498.9
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Did you know that I follow some of your fanfics closely?

Seriously, you are a great writer!

6. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Actually no. But it's something I've always wanted to use. I've used a longbow before in merit badge class for archery. Got third place in summer camp's archery contest for most bullseyes. 12 out of 20.

The Everglades swamp in Florida. We took a boat out there to see the sights; alligator nest, flamingos and a bunch of other interesting things. There's this smell like rotten stuff of vegetation all around and the water's surface was covered in the green algae. Interesting experience for sure.

Nah. I'll have a maximum of 6 or 7 tabs open at a time. Strange habit of mine, but I tend to close out a tab once I'm done with a site on occasion and then pull up a new one if I have to go back somewhere.

I did not know that! That's awesome! Which ones may I ask?

And thank you! I truly appreciate getting the opportunity to provide a good read to everyone I can!

Thanks guys :)

7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    What scares you more: the thought of death or the thought of never dying?

What is one Pokémon that you didn't like until you used it in battle a lot, and then it became one of your favorites?

Have you seen the latest Star Wars? If so, what were your opinions on it?

8. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽498.9
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My favorite that I've read all the way through would be advanced commandos. I'm holding my breathe on the sequel to that and the alola one is really good too.

What is the coldest place you've been too?

9. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Good question. I'd have to go with the thought of death. Of course I'm going to be afraid of death because I've never died before...but it's just a natural part of life that's inevitably going to happen. Will I be at peace when it comes? Maybe...maybe not...does it terrify me?

Absolutely.

I wasn't much of a fan of Reuniclus in-game. Caught one during my Y playthrough and it's ability to learn an interesting array of moves made it an anchor in terms of special attacker on my team. Took an Aqua Tail from Lysandre's Mega Gyarados like a champ and blasted it with Thunder.

Reuniclus' ability of Magic Guard erases the use of poison, burns, leech seed, spikes/stealth rock and weather stuff. Stick a toxic orb on it and you'll never have to worry about it being frozen, put to sleep or paralyzed. Magic Guard can even have the Life Orb's power boost without the HP siphon :)

Yup. It's easily my favorite of the entire Star Wars saga...sure it had its flaws and all, but an enjoyable two and a half hour movie nonetheless. I'll go ahead and put it in a spoiler tag so those who haven't seen it won't be spoiled. You have all been warned.

• The moments of deadpan humor were pretty funny, although I can't help but think it was just a little overused.
    • I bet now that Kylo is full dark side...he's not going to have any more of those tantrums he threw in here and VII.
    • Totally called Snoke being killed off. Just didn't expect it the way it happened.
    • Luke's trolling in this movie was pretty darn good. He might just give Obi-Wan a run for his money.
    • The duel of Rey and Kylo vs the Praetorians was bloody awesome!
    • I'm looking forward to Finn's development as a character. That platonic romance he had with Rose was something he needed since he spent his entire life in the First Order's totalitarian regime and then trying to find a purpose through the tragedies upon desertion.
    • The Porgs were cute as hell.

I can't wait for Episode IX

Thanks man I really appreciate it. As for Advanced Commando & sequel, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to those. I had a storyline down, few chapters formatted ahead...but my drive for writing it kinda...y'know died. Shame since it was fun to write out, but I'd like to focus on one fic at a time and I'm still getting loads of inspiration in A Hui Hou Kakou.

Appreciate your support for my work nonetheless :)

My high school swimming pool. Seriously...it feels like they decided to melt ice inside.

In all honesty, Halifax one December where a Nor'easter was just hammering the coast with the temps somewhere around -13. Windchill factor was like -30.

Thanks for asking guys :)

10. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    How is your job coming along?

Does it tire you greatly?

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    :: Have you done something silly lately, on accident?

:: Do you use a thesaurus often?

:: Why is it called a 'glass' if it might be made of plastic?

12. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Sorry for taking so long on this guys.
    Pretty good. We're about to enter another spike in traveling since March is one of the busiest times for flying. Everyone wants to go to Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaii for Spring Break so I end up having like 3/4s of all luggage coming through the airport somewhere in that ballpark.

I've got enough days off clumped together too along with trading with colleagues so that arranging a trip is simple. :)

Yup. I've had those days where I report in and don't stop moving until I punch out. Then I go home and collapse on my bed.

Not all days are like that, but we have our busy ones.

Yes. As a matter of fact on the flight out on Tuesday. I was snacking on a bar of chocolate while flirting chatting with a very good looking twenty-something year old girl. She did say something pretty funny and I smiled at that.

And that caused a long drop of chocolate drool to ooze right out from my mouth.

Not as often as people might think. Although I do have one I'll use on occasion.

That's a good question. I guess it's mainly a figure of speech due to however much is being filled. A glass of wine for example sounds like it wouldn't be filled entirely, just enough to satisfy.

While a cup of something (likely plastic) of water means you'll be filling it almost to the top.

Kinda the way I see it. I could totally be wrong.

13. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    What are some of the first things that come to mind when you think "paradise?"

Do you like to chew gum? If so, do you have a favorite flavor?

What weather conditions do you dislike the most and why?

14. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    If you were offered the chance to design a DLC for Destiny 2, what character, world and/or event would it be based around?

What weapon class in Destiny 2 is your favourite?

15. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Sorry this took so long guys! Gonna be storming Q&A again as usual on Tuesday and waiting Monday.

Heh. I'll probably say something like a warm beach where I can just sit and relax to forget all my worries.

Add me having an arm around a sexy twenty something year old babe and I'm even happier. :)

I used to frequently chew gum and have some with me everywhere from school to flights. Over time, I didn't chew so much and haven't had a piece in something like 4 years now.

Favorite flavor has to be a citrus-y or strawberry flavor. Peppermint is pretty good to. Spearmint...not so much.

Anything that is cold, wet and windy. I can tolerate one of the three at a time.

Two of them suck, but it's not the worst thing.

All three? HELL NO.

Ooh, difficult question for sure. One of them is I'd love to see an epic mass scale battle of the Six Fronts with the heroes of Saladin, Zavala, Shaxx, Osiris and Saint 14. Just have pure chaos all around as hordes of Fallen relentlessly attack you. Something like this might attest to the true might of the Vanguard and just the sheer amount of it being an actual war.

I'd also like to see something like a planet completely conquered and infested by the Hive. It'd be disgusting and hostile at the same time.

I tend to lean towards Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons the most.

Power weapon preference is either Shotguns or Rocket Launchers.

Thanks for asking everyone :)

Getus likes this.
  16. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What are your thought on the NIntendo Labo?

What is a book series that you really want to see made into a movie?

17. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    :: How often, if at all, do you spend time on social media?

:: Do you happen to own any flashing or silly pairs of sunglasses?

:: Why were you 'replaying' to so many Q&A threads?

18. BraviaryScout

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    It's in interesting concept for sure. I'm pretty sure if anyone can pull this off; it's Nintendo. It reminds me of that nerf game for the Wii and that special handgun that had a cradle specially designed to hold the Wiimote.

I don't have a switch yet, so I'm not sure if I'll invest in one or not.

It will probably never happen due to legal action from a past film, but I'd love to see the Oregon series by Clive Cussler be made into a movie. One of Cussler's other works Sahara was made into one back in '05 and there was a bunch of suing in terms of not consulting the author and a bunch of other stupid things.

But the Oregon series is one of my favorites in all of literature, following a band of mercenaries who live on a freighter disguised as a tramp steamer, but has the latest technology and weaponry to go and conduct ultra-dangerous operations where US agencies like the CIA would arouse suspicion.

The only two main social media sites I use are Facebook and Reddit. On average, I'll check both of them once a day and seldom spend more than ten minutes on either.

I got a gold wayyy oversized pair as a gag gift from the football team since the captains said I could use them to impress the ladies when I went on vacation to the beach later that week.

It's actually quite fun to think of 3 or 4 different questions to ask a variety of people and I'll keep doing it in hopes that someone would pay it forward or return the favor and ask me something on my own thread...even though I know that it's likely none will anyway.

Plus it helps me get to know my fellow Valorians better and it's a good way to gain PP and posts to level up Pokémon pals. :)

19. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Have you ever seen anything in real life that reminded you of a Pokémon?

20. Calzone

Calzone Banned

Charmelion
    (Charmeleon)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.0
    If you could have a Pokémon in realm life what would it be?
    Do you have a bank account?
    Do you like snails