1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Random drawing challenge

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Barandofl, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I can't tell you how hard I just laughed when I read the last bits of your post. Also, how am I supposed to take offense to what you've said, I'm aware that these don't look so good. I myself am not a good artist. I'm doing these drawing for fun, and even though I try very hard to get these to look good, I always find a way to get a good chuckle out of myself while drawing some funny faces. Anyway, you shouldn't worry too much on me drawing an eevee. I doubt my partner's gonna make me draw an eevee. I already revived today's Pokémon, but I've messed up the drawing (Way more than usual, which is saying something). I won't be able to finish it today, so I gotta start all over tomorrow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Hey guys, sorry I wasn't able to post in a while, a few things were getting tangled up and it just became a mess for me. Luckily for me, I was able to get some posting today. I would like to thank Gwoomy for lending me a hand.

Drawing # 18. Today's Pokémon was Psyduck, and the details that were supplied to me were: "Round body, round head. big flat platypus beak. horizontal oval eyes. little stubby arms & little flat webbed feet, all with three "fingers". little simple tail. three small tufts of hair on the top of its head."

Now I recalled the existence of this Pokémon, but I didn't know much about it besides it being confused, and have headaches 24/7. Using the details that were given to me, I began drawing.

Edit / Proccess: First things first, I drew some basic shapes to get an idea o how the body's going to look. I drew in total of four circular shapes: the head, the body, and the two feet. Once those shapes were done, I decided to start with detailing the the face. I knew that the duckbill was going to be a pain for me, so I decided to draw that first. After that, I drew its eyes and gave it some brows. Once the head was done, I went to drawing its feet. I knew I wasn't good, but I'm so unsure as to why it took me so long just to get those feet (they don't even look good). After the feet, all that was left was to draw the arms. They didn't turn out very good, I messed up in the end and one of them is bigger then the other. I also decided to add random question marks, but those were just for my own personal likes.

IMG_1882.JPG

Gwoomy likes this.
  3. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Again, I am so sorry that I haven't posted recently. I had to deal with a bunch of college stuff, and I'm still not done. I've managed to find some free time, so here I am, wasting 2 hours on a drawing.

Drawing # 19. Today's Pokémon was Onix, and the details that were supplied to me were: "Rock Snake."

It was clear that my friend wanted me to use my memory, so I decided to humor them and just try to make this monstrosity.

Edit / Proccess: I personally had to start with the face. I gotta be honest, I took nearly an entire hour making the head. I just couldn't make a good enough head going. I'm personally terrible at perspectives, but I wanted to try to anyways. After the head, I had to draw a bunch of ragged round shaped and connect them like a snake. After the shapes, I had to add the details to the rocks so that they don't look flat.

IMG_1887.JPG

Gwoomy and Riddles like this.
  4. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    It's pretty good!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Drawing # 20.
    Before I say anything else, I would like to apologize for not realizing that this was my 20th drawing sooner. My partner and I did our regular name and description, but once the drawing was complete, we noticed that we messed up. So we'll be doing the Pokédex entry tomorrow.

Today's Pokémon was Ledyba, and the details that were supplied to me were: "It has two circles. One for the head, and the other for the body. 2 big round eyes. It has two antenas and 6 legs. It also has 6 spots, 3 on each wing."

Edit / Proccess: Now at first, I was a bit confused. How was I supposed to draw the face, and the back at the same time? It took me a bit of improvising, but I think I got a decent pose going. Once I got the base down, I began to draw the spots on its wings. After that, I frew the face and antenas. I was debating if I should've drawn a mouth, but since I wasn't sure, I left a blank space. Once the head was done, I began drawing the legs. Now I vaguely remember that this Pokémon had white ends for its feet, so I just gave it those.

IMG_1889.JPG

Gwoomy likes this.
  6. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Ayy finally found some time off from college. So I was able to draw something.

Drawing #21, and the dex entry that I got, was: ”They cannot see, so they tackle and bite to learn about their surroundings. Their bodies are covered in wounds."

The moment I read this, I immediately knew it belonged to the deino evolution line, but since I didn't want to draw deino (and I didn't know exactly what he looked like), I decided to draw my own strange creature.

Edit: Boy oh boy did I hate everything that had to do with four legged creatures. I already knew that quadruped creatures were one of my many weaknesses. But the difference between most of my weaknesses, I can overcome them with time and patience. But this drawing took me over 2 hours, and I don't like how it turned out. Again I know damn well I didn't draw a deino, but this thing just looks like an abused animal with all those bruises and blindfold. I apologize with this creation, and I hope that I can do a way better job next time.

IMG_1890.JPG

Gwoomy likes this.
  7. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Ayy finally on time. Drawing # 22. Today's Pokémon was Hoothoot, and the details that were supplied to me were: "Round body with big circular eyes, it has clock hands for eyebrows. It has one big foot with four claws. It also has a beak and wings."

I knew who Hoothoot was, but I didn't remember what it looked like. But when I read the clock hands for eyebrows, I grew skeptical. Of all things I don't recall arrows above the owls eyes.

Edit / Proccess: I think I got used to drawing circles at this point. I found it very easy to get a decent circle without the use of tools. Once the circle was done, I drew in the circular eyes, I wanted to make them perfect circles but I didn't want to draw the Hoothoot "flat" if you catch my drift. So I made do with my little abilities. Once those were done, I decided to draw its feet, it was somewhat simple, but annoying at the same time. To finish it off, I drew the wings and brows. Noticing it looked a little angry, I decided to have a little fun with this drawing. I closed its eyes, and made it go to sleep. I added some Zs and a little dream cloud. Now he's just an angry bird catching some angry Zs. Something about his dream is making him angry.

IMG_1892.JPG

Wings, Gwoomy and Riddles like this.
  8. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Sorry about yesterday, I was technically supposed to post this, but I forgot due to a project... whoops.
    Drawing # 23. Today's Pokémon was Walrein, and the details that were supplied to me were: "A big blue walrus with a seashell shaped tail. Big teeth. Four balls on the side of its head, two on each side."

Now here's the thing. I was kind of rushed to finish this due to having to group up with a few friends for a project later, so this isn't one of my best work either. In the end, I accidentally skipped a few details on the Pokémon and ended up drawing a normal walrus. Oh well, I'll try to do better.

IMG_1894.JPG

Wings and Gwoomy like this.
  9. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Ah, my notifications messep up again. I'm back on track now!

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I love the walrein and onix. I gotta draw onix again...

Barandofl likes this.
  11. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Ayy, finally managed to find some time between my college work.

Drawing # 24. Today's Pokémon was Crustle, and the details that were supplied to me were: " IMG_1904.jpg IMG_1905.jpg " (yeah, I'm lazy to write it all down)

As you've already read, I think I have an idea of what I was drawing. I somewhat remember seeing this Pokémon in the anime.

Edit / Proccess: Well, let's be honest here. The easiest thing to start with has to be the square. After I got a nice square, I turned it into a decent cube. Once the cube was drawn, I used my memories to draw a dwebble (is that what that Pokémon's name was?), since I was pretty sure this was its evolution. After a while, I got a decent hermit crab going. After that, I smoother the edges of the rock, and added some details. I honestly had a lot of fun drawing this Pokémon, same with the Charjabug. I personally like a 3D art style, but I'm not skilled enough to draw complex shapes in 3D. In other words, Pokémon like this are very enjoyable to draw.

IMG_1903.JPG

Wings and Gwoomy like this.
  12. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    I'm so happy that I'm nearly done with college. Only got a few more tests and I'm done.

Drawing # 25 . Today's Pokémon was Chinchou, and the details that were supplied to me were: " IMG_1911.jpg "

After reading those details, it kind of sounded like an angler fish. So I decided to draw something along those lines.

Edit / Proccess: Like most of drawings, I started with a circle. Once the "Head" was made, I drew in some eye balls and a mouth. Once the "Face" was complete, I drew the antenas that connected to those weird light bulb things. After all that was over, the true hard part began. I am still not good when it comes to perspectives, and I'm bad at drawing 3D objects unless their basic shapes, so drawing the fins took me a few tried to get it right. Once the fins were complete, I added the finishing tail.

''Tis my little boy.
    IMG_1909.jpg

Vaquero and Gwoomy like this.
  13. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    That thing is far too precious for this earth

The king approves

14. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Wow okay, I apologize for the sudden disappearance. Last week was a busy one, and I nearly forgot about all this. Whoops.

Drawing # 26. Today's Pokémon was Comfey, and the details that were supplied to me were: " IMG_1924.jpg IMG_1925.jpg IMG_1926.jpg "

At first I thought this wasn't gonna take long, it's just a few flowers and a tiny Pokémon. So I grabbed my pencil and book, and began drawing.

Edit / Process: Biy oh boy was I wrong about what I said. This bad boy took up 3+ hours of my life (And it isn't even that great). This was easily one of the most time consuming Pokémon out of everything else I've drawn (I don't get why). Okay so I had to start off with the flowers, but then I realized I didn't know how to draw basic flowers. I had to think of ways to actually make flowers. Eventually I came across a weird technique, draw a circle, and draw the flower from within. Now that I knew how to draw flowers, I could continue. Surprisingly, it took me nearly an hour to just draw the first two. After making 5 flowers, I began to feel discouraged. To prevent myself from quitting, I decided to close the note book and continue it the next day. The next day, I finished the last few flowers, and then I had to draw the Pokémon itself. At that point, I was already tired and didn't want to waste any more time, so I make quick work of the Pokémon itself. I decided to make it carry the thing while holding onto a bow knot.

IMG_1927.JPG

Gwoomy likes this.
  15. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Drawing # 27. Today's Pokémon was Bounsweet, and the details that were supplied to me were: " IMG_1943.jpg "

It sounded simple enough, so I managed to finish this in less then an hour. After drawing it tho, I was kind of dissapointed that's I messed up the bottom half. Oh well.

IMG_1941.JPG

Gwoomy likes this.