1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rebuild it! Pikachu

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Fable_PH, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fable_PH

Fable_PH Pixels and Paints

Sketch
    (Flygon)
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽307.1
    Last week, Absol and Mega Absol

Bienvenido to another week of Rebuild it! In honor of Pokémon Day, we have a special subject for you all! That's right, the small yellow mouse himself, Pikachu!

Pikachu....sucks to put it simple. He's not fully evolved, has poor stats, and even with Light Ball he can barely smack opponents around. Let's fix that. How do we make this yellow mouse into an absolute nightmare?

upload_2018-2-26_14-18-25.png

Smogon info

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vigilance likes this.
  2. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    swap it with a different, more competitive Pokémon and give it a Pikachu costume

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Redistribute HP, Defence and Sp. Defence towards Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed, making it a glass cannon. I would also give it the Technician ability ( or something similar which either boosts damage more or includes more powerful moves, an example being anything with 80 or less power).

4. Deus

Deus Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽1.7
    Wow. Gonna have to process that

#4 Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  5. WilliamHVGC

WilliamHVGC Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽1.4
    This is a good example for a competitive Pikachu run by Cybertron Aaron Zheng. He's a VGC God.

Hidden power Ice, Thunder, Fake out & Grass knot. Evs unspecified but I imagine it's eviolite and max speed. Partnered in a Pelipper rain team

#5 Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Vigilance likes this.
  6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    It's difficult to draw the line on how to buff Pikachu because then Raichu(both forms) would need a buff as well.

I think Pikachu can find a small niche in doubles with fake out, helping hand etc. It also has Lightning Rod, which can protect its ally from electric moves and also boost its sp.atk. It can also get the boost when its ally uses a move like discharge. Pikachu's Z moves 10k Volt Thunderbolt and Castropika are pretty strong, but with 55 and 50 offensive capability it doesn't do much.

I think if Pikachu were to get a buff, I'd lower its defenses and raise its special attack and speed. That way it can make the most use of lightning rod, be a fast fake out user, and also be able to utilize 10k volt thunderbolt more effectively rather than dying to typically faster mons before it even gets the chance to use it.

Maybe as a neat thing it could have a higher speed stat than Raichu (110), but at the cost of all the other stats being lower, primarily the hp and defenses.

7. ToxicKirby

ToxicKirby Bug Catcher

Flame Hunter
    (Cyndaquil)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽19.2
    Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    SO, considering i looked at the best sets for Pokémon... i used to use Pikachu and mine had a competitive set. so first up, get a pikachu and give him 4 def EVs, 252 SpA EVs, and 252 Spe EVs. then you want the Timid nature and the Lightning Rod ability. Give him a Light Ball and the Moveset that follows: Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Grass Knot, and Volt Tackle. i call this the All-out Attacker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.