1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Staff Post Regarding Eclipse's Ban

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Ryan, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★

I Am Seriously Have No Word To Say Right Now...
    Like He Did Help Me To Be Familiar Of This Place And Comment My Profile Picture.

I Still Remember What He Said In My Profile About My Profile Picture:
    You can still be inspired by something that's no longer around. I've heard stories of those inspired by departed relatives or friends that push them to keep going into great things - or even just stories of things that were once, and no longer are.
    I don't see why you can't give thanks for the orbiter after it's gone. It still holds memory and significance for you, and that is sufficient

I Don't Know What Happen To Him In Real World But Seriously...
    I Just Wish That The Stories Of Cassini Spacecraft And It's Mission Will Help Him To Improve Himself In Real World And I Know That He Can Overcome This Whole Problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    It is really sad that even in fandom of a "kids game" like Pokémon, people exist who try to manipulate other. I hope that no one gets in trouble through Eclipse's actions. I didn't know him, but it looks like alot of people liked him which makes it more sad. The internet is a dark place so you need to expect something like this all the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I dont know what should I say. Many people are hurt due to this. As much as I dont want to admit what Eclipse did was wrong. He has been a very close friend of mine. He helped me through my hard times and patted me when I achieved something. However I do believe its nothing new. After lot of thinking , I came to the conclusion.
    You never know if the person I show you is real me. And you dont know I am here to change myself from what I used to be. I do not see any harm from all this except the fact, it did stab our hearts hard.
    The fact Eclipse was born was cause The real Eclipse wanted to change himself into what he created. He created a personality who is logical and impartial. He wanted to be the same. As the time passed he started to feel like home here. The fact it was meant to be a social experiment was hidden somewhere and when his emotions surfaced, it became clear to him that he wasn't changed. He is still the "blackrush" he was in the beginning. The emotions took over him. He became honest.
    Now, if the guy had any bad motives, he wouldn't really confess when he very well knew it could result into something like this.
    It is sad to see this side and truth behind Eclipse, I believe it was meant to mould himself into something better but at last, he failed. Blackrush the person, is the other side, has no difference except he is more open and welcoming. They are particularly the different perspectives of same person.
    i do not feel like I will getting over it soon but I do not feel I am as angry as I should be.
    I still wish for his best and for his life to be a better one. Mistakes are made by everybody, I just hope he learn from this, understand and try to make himself, the real person by Giving DDD and blackrush, equal part in thinking. I hope instead if splitting, he joins them both.

Also, I am glad you are safe Ryan. I doubt he had any ulterior motives but when it is all like that, you never know. Akso thank you for telling all this to us.

Gwoomy and Laserdragon14 like this.
  4. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I can’t believe that one of our fellow users was actually not all that nice, especially a former staff member. I glad you are safe Ryan and you made the right decision.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Wasn't that user the one who often 'made jokes' about being cold/unfeeling in his various responses, and why that was why he was "Eclipse", because he dwelt in darkness or something?

It's unfortunate, to be sure. From many of the responses it's clear that he's affected a number of the people here - positively at first but now clearly negatively. I've had trust issues for a long time, so I don't get too close to people even IRL, much less online, so I'm not terribly affected by this. However, I definitely feel for the people who were - such a breach of trust is not easy to 'get over'.

My biggest hope is that Eclipse, sooner or later, gets professional mental assistance; it's clear that his sociopathy, however high-functioning, is headed in the wrong direction.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I don't know what to say. Although I've never met him, it seems like Eclipse has affected all of you. I can't believe this would happen. In the end, I'm glad that he's gone. Maybe someday he will change - I think a lot of you want the good Eclipse back. I do, too, so that I could've met him. On behalf of him (even though I don't know him) I want to apologize for everything you have gone through.

Vigilance likes this.
  7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I need a moment Ryan I really do
    I can't take this i trusted it and it was my only friend here and i feel so awful and dirty
    that all of this was fake and it gave not a shit about me
    not even to be honest with me

And it seems like this always happens to me, I'll never have a true friend and it hurts so much

8. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    @Ares Eclipse was a fool to do that. You do have friends. We all were betrayed. Even if I'm on the other side of the planet, you'll have me and other members of LV. We're all here for you and we all are trying to deal with this revelation

Ryan likes this.
  9. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Well, looking at it objectively this is clearly sociopathic behaviour? And it stated once that it's older than I am (i am 28) so that's honestly even scarier to think about.

I just hope it doesn't hurt anyone irl but if it was willing to do this to online strangers then :/

10. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    @Ares it didn’t seem like Eclipse was trying to harm any of us, at least not directly. They are just highly unstable emotionally. While they have shown sociopathic tendencies, I am sure they wouldn’t harm anyone from here in real life. It doesn’t line up with their motivations. I recommend silently wishing them luck on the road to recovery, and leaving it in the past.

11. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I never interacted that often with Eclipse, but his replies always seemed a little off to me. Back then, I just assumed that was a part of his personality since he seemed to be engaged positively in the LV community and everyone else seemed to like him.

While this news was pretty startling, I’m just glad everyone is safe. It makes me a bit sad, because LV has always seemed like one of the safest, friendliest communities on the internet, and the fact that someone would want to ruin that upsets me.

Nonetheless I am glad that LV will be safer now. I can’t imagine what it was like to know eclipse on a personal level, but to those of you who were friends with him I hope you are recovering well.

12. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Quite frankly, I'm shocked; I can't really form an accurate statement into words. Thank you for making the right call & making LV safer. <3

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Just want to make it clear that we are 100% dedicated to making sure LV is safe for everyone involved. User safety always comes first, hence why we've been so transparent about our bans of potentially dangerous users. We'll continue to do this and go the extra mile to make sure no one is disturbing our community environment. :)

Rezna, Wings, Gwoomy and 3 others like this.
  14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    We really appreciate y'all's transparency. A lot of webmasters could learn from you... ^_^

Rezna and Achromatic like this.
  15. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Of course ^_^ I think your guys’ transparency builds a lot of trust between the staff and the members of the community, and we trust you made the right choice to help keep us safe. Thanks once again for being so open and dedicated to LV!

Rezna, Vigilance and Achromatic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.