1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Regional Birds

Discussion in 'LV Fan Region: Meroi' started by BZRich64, Apr 4, 2021.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Every region has a family of bird Pokémon (sometimes two) obtainable early in the game, and Meroi isn't going to be an exception to that rule. Kanto has Pidgey and Spearow, Johto had Hoothoot and Natu, Hoenn had Taillow and Wingull, Sinnoh had Starly, Unova had Pidove, Kalos had Fletchling, Alola had Pikipek and Galar had Rookidee.

This thread is for coming up what we want our regional bird (or birds) to be. I know the idea of a Flying/Fighting-type goose Pokémon has been brought up a few times on Discord and seems to be a pretty popular idea. If you have any ideas of where to go with that concept, or want to suggest another idea for the regional bird, then feel free to discuss your thoughts here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    The goose is definitely a very popular option but have you considered the warbler, or a loon or something else? We can still have our Goose like how Gen 5 has the Ducklett line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Oh, yeah. We're definitely going to be making a few different bird Pokémon lines, and the species you mentioned would definitely make for some fun designs. This thread is mostly focused on the one or two that will be available on the early routes, but we can definitely start talking about other birds here as well.

4. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Is there a certain type/types that we want our bird/birds Pokémon to be?

5. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I WANT THE GOOSE WE GOTTA HAVE THE GOOSE i will not be accepting the goose until i get full confirmation that its final evolution is some off the walls inflated attack stat violent goose hellspawn because real geese wake up and choose violence every single day

i am also throwing my idea of a seagull forward?? ("wingull exists" shush its been 20 years) bc the region has a lot of lakes no doubt there are seagulls who want to steal everyones food near the coasts of them and i will also not be accepting a seagull until it is overly violent because seagulls also wake up and choose violence

obvs im joking with making people in meroi terrified of the flying wildlife because if all the birds were choosing violence every day wed have no more people here but it would be funny if we had a seagull that had a gimmick similar to morpeko or just any ability doing with food.... ability thats innate pluck when it uses a physical attack? :wipping:

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    What if the geese and seagulls were counterparts? And they fight each other a lot over who gets to harass the next Trainer.
    What if they literally cannot have Timid or Gentle natures.

7. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Perhaps we could go with a Wingull variant Flying/Dark for being thieves and general bullies? The Goose would be Flying/Fighting by the last stage to defend its young and/or its training for anything that dares get near.

Black-Headed gull like this little cutie could be used as a design base to look like a bandit mask.
    [​IMG]

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    wahoo im not good at making Pokémon but i kinda wanted to draw some jerk birds

[​IMG]

i cant draw animals but a dark type seagull whos a huge bully sounded way too fun to pass up so heres the bully bird....!! i wanna think it starts out cute and its only an annoyance to ppl but it tends to get its way with thieving because LOOK AT ITS EYES and as time goes on it moves on from petty things like stealing food to becoming more hostile and waiting until night to commit its dastardly deeds hence why its black so it can blend in more.... "seagulls arent black" they are now!! not saying this bird would commit crimes but if u said to it "hey lets commit an illegal act for fun" it wouldnt hesitate to join u lmfao

i feel like ppl in meroi really like the baby bird and maybe theres a subsect of ppl who think the middle evo is cuter than the baby lol

someone else can draw goose i cant taint goose with my awful bird drawing "skills"

Jeydis likes this.
  9. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I have a personal love for geese, and so I'd love seeing the regional bird be a Dark/Flying or Water/Flying goose. Maybe Water/Dark but I feel Flying is too important. I'm shocked to see that Game Freak hasn't done anything with that, although we've gotten very close with Ducklett and Swanna. Could probably work best as a two-stage akin to Swellow and Noctowl, although it'd be possible to stretch that out.

Seagull as a regional bird has been sort of done before in Wingull although I really don't know if that'd categorize as the same thing. I'd be down to have it as a counterpart of sorts, or possibly a single stage mon later down the line.

As for Beffie's designs, they're not bad, but if I'm being honest the middle stage looks way too indistinct compared to the first and third stages. I don't know if the first and final stages are different enough to warrant a midstage, and I think the final stage could pass as a midstage if you shrunk it a little. As for how to go about a potential new final stage, I don't know because there's a lot of directions you can take this. Maybe adding in an additional design element that starts off slow with stage 1, but slowly adds more and more until it's a central focus in stage 3. Pirates would be a simple and obvious one to work it off of, in my opinion at least, but there's a lot you can do.

Idea of my own to add? I like the current two more, but another type of bird I love that are all over in America at least are finches. There's a lot that could be interesting so I don't have a specific direction to point in, but I might later. If someone else wants to, though, then by all means.

10. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    i am fully aware my birds aint cream of the crop sugimori pkmn design and i made them just as a jumping off point or proof of concept bc honestly when a thread is just brainstorming and no designs come out of it the thread stagnates and never gets kicking so i just wanted to jog some convo via birds haha (the human chara thread was stagnant until the designs came in)

PIRATE BIRD I AM EYEING SO HARD imagine going from using baby doll eyes to steal someones pickle on their hamburger to fucking. pillaging ppls entire lives the chara arc this bird would have lmfao seagull to parrot incoming?? haha i jest

finches seem really cool and i would love that too but then the region would be a bunch of birds.... finch can be a single stage mon maybe?? i dont think weve ever had a single stage regional bird and it wouldnt clog the roster with birds (was gonna suggest goose be single form but honestly goose deserves the best)

11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    did someone order hellspawn goose

i cant draw birds.png
    i cant draw birds 2.png
    the cute first stage goose!! i call it gosseen which is a combo of the words gosling (duh) and the wrestling term "green" which just means someone inexperienced. its not good at fighting and will often fall flat on its face when charging in for close attacks. if a battle seems unwinnable gosseens last resort is to cry and thrash around until it exhausts itself. its wings are small and underdeveloped so its near flightless and spends its time around lakes rather than the sky

since birds tend to have pretty visible gender differences i made some as well!! male birds are always more colorful than females

i cant draw birds 3.png
    i cant draw birds 4.png
    HERE IT IS THE GOOSE WE ALL WANTED!!! ansaemai is derived from anser/anatidae (familes and groups of the geese species) and mai (pronounced may) sounds both like melee (a fight) and haymaker (a boxing term that describes an all out punch). its tail has grown long and the feathers are as hard as rock, and ansaemai can control its tail like a third fist!! its a fierce fighter and can momentarily rear onto its legs to stand like a human to intimidate foes. many people in meroi know to never anger this Pokémon because one nasty hook from its powerful wings can knock out even a professional boxer

Jeydis likes this.
  12. ~darktyranitar~

~darktyranitar~ Bug Catcher

deox
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11.5
    goose is a great idea... personally my favorite bird is crow though