1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

semi obligatory character thread

Discussion in 'LV Fan Region: Meroi' started by Skittle, Dec 9, 2020.

1. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    GS Ball ★★★★★Oran Berry ★★
    Guess whos back, back again.

I lost my sketchbook (cri) but I did find a drawing Journal to draw some concepts on instead. If you notice any weird designs and colors on the pages, thats why. Also dont mind my thumb.

Im gonna start with the biggest picture and description and make my way to the smallest one. Theres three of these so buckle up.

First off we have some gym badges!

[​IMG]

I made them all circular, mostly cause I had a theme going on. I understand if the circulae badges aren't very popular (since all the badges have their own unique shape and this is detracting from that) but I might as well show what I've got.

(Btw this is also vaguely inspired by Captain Comets Badge designs)

Auto Badge - Since Axel is a Steel Type Gym Leader and an Automobile Creator, I thought that his badge should reflect both of his professions. The badge is a Tire with the main metal bit inside holding it (i forgot its name) being in the shape of a gear. I think the Tire speaks for itself but the gears there to reinforce that this is a Steel Badge and not just a picture of a tire.

Duet Badge - This ones actually the reason I started making badge designs, cause I got majorly inspired and had to do it. Its a yin-yang shape with the left side representing the fighting type and the second side representing the psychic type. The left side is supposed to be like a fist going up for an upper cut while the right is an eye with a swirling iris. This harkens back to my idea of giving the twins a Yin Yang design on their hair, corresponding to their gender as well as the harmony they have when battling. Duet is a name that represents their duo battling style and love of music. Wheres the music? Its actually in the extra curl of the badges. Its meant to represent an F Clef and theres two of them, one on each side (though the psychic one is less clear)

Lightning Badge - This ones fun. You can interprwt it as either a lightning rod catching three spokes of lightning or a plasma ball (the one with electricity and makes your hair stand up when you touch it). Since Audra is a lightning chaser I thought that something that catches lightning would suit her. It can even harken to her backstory of her getting struck by lightning as the little spike inside can look like a blob person.

Gale Badge - I know I gave him a badge design in literally the previous post but I had an idea and I had to do it. This one I would also call the Tornado/Whirlwind badge. This badge looks like the Typhoon/Cyclone/Low Pressure Area symbol you see in the weather reports. Its wind themed and fits Maverick's Weatherman side job.

Blizzard Badge - Yeah this is the weakest out if the five. Its a snowflake in a globe. Its supposed to have more snowflakes at the end of each line like some kind of repeating patter but I couldnt do it. My altwrnate Idea was a snow globe since I think Aurora would be all in for it butit would need a drastic name change.

Then we have a cameo from yours truly,
    [​IMG]

I remember the idea proposed by ChocoChicken about making LV members secret Final Bosses you could find in the post game. So I decided to make a trainer sona.

This is really just my Sona minus the Animal Features and wings (proper reference would be posted in the future). The ears is just a Cinderace ear headband. The shoulder bag has all my Pokeballs attached to it. I would primarily use Psychic, Fairy and Dark types. Stuff liek Zoroark, Sylveon, Gardevoir etc. I might redo this with a more interesting and trainer like design and one where I'm not so dang tall.

I mentioned some days ago about the possibility of the LV cameos being the Pokémon in the region instead of being a trainer. So heres my potential Fakemon. For now the name is either Bunyx or Rinabby. Its a Dark and Fairy type. It doesnt hop, but rather it flies by flapping its big wings ala Dumbo style. Its nocturnal and has a lot of Psychic moves in addition to Dark and Fairy.

And lastly, a Draw in My Style Rival!
    [​IMG]
    Hes a good boy. I like the simplicity of his design that DemonicKraken made for him. I barely amde any changes to it. Hes a bit chubby and he has a bit more detailing on his jacket and boots but thats about it. Oh, and his eyes are a bit fish-like to refference what someone said regarding the initial drawin (cant remember if it was CapatinComet or ChocoChicken who said that.

Anyways thats all for tonight! What do you guys think? Lemme know, its more fun to design stuff when theres some feedback involved.

Skittle and Captain Comet like this.
  2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    AHHH YOU SO GOOD AT ART!!!!

The badge designs are all really smart and look so much better than mine. I don't know how to feel about all of them being circular, but they seem easy enough to change in case we decide not to do that.

You drawing your Trainersona (that is now the official name) makes me really wish I could draw. I must get back to learning. I would say we could let people draw themselves but that might lead to a weird inconsistency in designs.

Fairy rabbit is cute. I think people having a Pokémon based off them rather than a trainer would be easier and help fill out the Pokédex, but the Trainersonas feel way more like the reference they're supposed to be.

I'll be honest I completely forgot about the rivals. Cove looks like a nice boi. I was the one who said he had fish eyes btw.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    NyxieRina likes this.
  3. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Okay this is a long post/reply so I'ma chop it up into lil bits.

Thank you! I really appreciate it! <3

I do have some ideas on how to de-circlize (Is that a word?) the badges I made, or at least some of them. The Auto Badge would probably stay the same. The Duet badge I think can be separated. That way it also represents a bit of the rift between the twins that exists despite their closeness. If you want to hammer in a music theme more then maybe it can be a joined quarter note or two separate ones. The Lightning badge could just be the rod and the three lightning bolts. The Gale badge can just be the little wind symbol without the rest of the circle to fill in the shape. The Blizzard badge is the only one I'm not completely sure on fixing but that ones kinda the dud of the bunch so its no biggie. We can just make a different design for that later on.

If you really want to I can draw out your Trainersona for you. Usually, I find myself bored with an itch for character design but no inspiration to go off of. It might be just a sketch but I wouldn't mind doing one.

As for the Pokémon reference, that is true. But some people might prefer that over secret trainers. At least the option is out there if anyone wants to take it. And at least I have something for both options in case a proper decision is made.

Yeah the Rivals are the most underappreciated and least talked about ones in this thread. At least the protagonists have a character reference. I plan on drawing out some possible designs for the other two rivals (and just other trainer looks in general) but thats for the future. Also thaks for letting me know where that lil bit came from :P

Now with that out of the way I have ANOTHER sketch to show off. I'm making the most out of the last days of my Summer Vacation so have this.

Messy Sketch

Riley-Robin Sketch.png
    Design Ramblings GO!

Out of all the Gym Leaders mentioned here, I think teh Fairy Gym Leader is the one that keeps getting overlooked. So here's my interpretation from the few bits I've seen and remembered.

I'm not sure which name you guys gave them so I put both Riley and Robin. I think I'll be refering to them as Robin for now since theres already a character in Pokémon named Riley.

From what I've seen Robin is said to be a sweet and caring individual who loves fairy types and helping people. I also got the impression that they have a fairytale-esque vibe to them so I made this.

I made Robin gender-neutral. I am a sucker for androgynous designs and couldn't decide what gender to make them (since both Riley and Robin sound gender-neutral).

Most fairy-ype users have big sparkly eyes. I decided to subvert that trope and give them a haircut that covers their eyes. They probably still have big cute eyes under there but you're probably never gonna see it. Their hair looks a bit like a mushroom which ties in to what their aesthetic is. Cottage-core!

Cottagecore sounds so cute and whimsical. While I can also see it work with a grass-type leader, I thought using it for a fairy-type user would be fitting as well, since most fairy tales occur around cottages. Their whole outfit is all in warm and earthy colors with a shift more towards pink and red cause of the type. They wear a plain white long-sleeved shirt with a cozy dusty-rose sweater vest. The sweater vest has the gym symbol pin on it cause I think that should be a thing all the Gym leaders should wear. Since some of them wear seemingly regular clothes and/or atrocious fashion outfits (cough cough Maverick and Lachlan) these would give them a unifying theme. The rest of the design would either be butterfly wings (fairy wings) or hearts. Then some brown pants and shoes. their hair would be reddish-brown and their skin a light peach.

Their gym would probably have the same cottagecore aesthetic to it. Very warm and cosy, almost grounded fantasy looking. Their gym Pokémon would probably be the same. Off the top of my head I can imagine them using, Shiinotic, Hatterene, Whismicott and Wigglytuff. That would probably change depending on gym placement and what Fairy Meroi Pokémon we get.

I saw in one of the other threads (forgot which one) that there were some themes being discussed. One of which was Technology vs Nature. Robin would be squarely in the Nature side for obvious reasons. If thats the theme were using and we still have the TV idea in play then maybe theyre one of the most elusive of Meroi's gym leaders. Like people know they exist but outside of a few pictures, no one has really seen them. Maybe theyre like Allister in Sword and Shield. They're super young and doesnt like the spotlight but for Robin its more that they dont care about it rather than them being incredibly shy.

Now for the badge. I thought the fairy tale book was such a clever idea but I changed its positioning and style. Its still an open book, but this time its on its side and you can see the pages are somewhat folded. Its bad book etiquette but if drawn right it can look a bit like a pair of fairy wings. It might be overused but its still a good symbol to use.

Again, let me know what you think!

Skittle and Captain Comet like this.
  4. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    The idea for Robin was actually that they were supposed to be non-binary. Hence why we went with two gender-neutral names. Robin probably is the better one of the two.

That said, ADORABLE! A fun little fairy tale kid who's really kind, though maybe a bit quiet. Not shy or anything just quiet.

We definitely haven't decided on a theme yet. The Nature vs Technology thing could definitely work but I think only a few people actually were on board with it. I do think Robin wanting to stay out of the spotlight is a hood idea. They way you described it made them sound like an actual fairy!

One of the other gym leader ideas we came up with was Enya, who uses Fire-types and is also a young kid. She is super hyper and loud, so having Robin as a bit of a foil for that is nice. Though part of me sees an oddity in the fact that two of our gym leaders are kids, but tbh that's not hard to explain and if we space them out enough it should be fine.

NyxieRina likes this.
  5. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    A whoops. Must have forgotten that bit somewhere. Well, I dont mind changing them to Non-binary for this.

I'm glad you liked my concept! I was trying to give them more of a fairy vibe without simoly showering them in pink and sparkles so Im glad that came through. I kept the nature vs technology theme in mind mostly cause I think that designs with themes in them are more solid than those without. But I didnt make it too overt with Robin so they can still stand alone without that theme.

Oh crap I forgot about Enya. When I made them a kid I was just thinking if how cute a fairy kid would be. Sure weve had Bede who is roughly the same age as your character in SwSh but that didnt seem young enough. I could try to age Robin up to be a preteen instead but I think we coukd just make some kind of explanation in universe. Like one of the gym leaders had to retire and/or simply couldnt battle anymore so they had their kid substitute for them in the mean time.

6. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    I think we said Robin was a little older than Enya anyway. I'm also pretty sure Skittle gave a little backstory but it might not have been more than "parents are busy and she's surprisingly strong for her age".

The theme thing might not even be a thing tbh. Like we might just decide not to have a set theme and build the story and world a different way, possibly making up a theme later.

NyxieRina likes this.
  7. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Okay this just occured to me. The guy Elite four member seems like a dramatic and flamboyant guy. Normally I'd say something like Fairy, Ice, Fire, Psychic, or Water (since I see those types as very beautiful and cutesy) but we already have gymleaders with thise types. So instead what if hes a grass type elite four. Grass is a type thats never been used for the Elite Four so hed be unique. His clothes give me some Nature Goddess vibes so if we change some accessories and symbols he can become full druid.

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    HI IM BACK AFTER LIKE 4O YEARS glad to see the progress still going....!!! oh how id kill to play a game with these charas......

ANYWAYS im back for my one true purpose in this thread. to give these wonderful characters plant names. why do i do this idk but hey its fun when i ignore the brainhurt

remi and trixie are very cute i want to say first of all. anyways i decided on furi (フリ) and jia (ジア) for the two! i dont know who is who either lmfao. i wanna say furi is trixie and jia is remi for now? its pretty much just a splitting of freesia (フリージア) which is a flower. a flower is a plant. woohoo!! also i guess this guy (譜) has a bit to do with music and is read as fu which is the first part of freesia. cool beans!!

LACHLAN IS MY SON OKAY!!!! i think the name kogama (コガマ) fits him!! the kogama (小蒲) is a type of cattail plant, and cattails are plentiful on the side of a lake! speaking of lachlans obsession with the lake, this guy (湖) which means lake can be read as ko sometimes!! this boy and his lake. i love him.

for a long bit now ive been struggling with audra..... i have to separate her and lachlan for now shame on me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    im so bad at checking this thread but !!!!!!! ALL THE CHARACTER ART IS SO CUTE MWAH yall are doing gods work considering ive been on hiatus from art for months at this point (sob) i really like robins design!! i think theyd be kinda withdrawn and shy/secretive so not being able to see their eyes kinda fits that vibe and i love the flower basket they have to love going out and picking/arranging flowers robin just lives in their own fairytale world and we stan

@Captain Comet in my bad .txt document i put down i wanted to have a normal type elite four member as well so using types rarely seen would be awesome. tbh i think he could be that guy since normal types have some very posh looking Pokémon like delcatty and furfrou and lopunny. and im just a huge fan of subverting expectations so its funny to imagine a crossdressing flamboyant man with a type thats simply average lol

but im down for a grass type e4 as ive only done e4 designs for those two!!! i know way back it was discussed that one of the e4 members would be the jerk rivals parent or something so maybe that can go somewhere

NyxieRina likes this.
  10. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Hi! Welcome back! I'm glad youre liking my designs!

I have been thinking of other type Elite 4 members since I realized the UNTAPPED POTENTIAL THERE. I've been trying to think of something for a Normal Type E4 since I also thought that would be neat to see (since its never been done before) but couldnt think of a design. Now that you've given the Posh Man idea I might be able to whip something up for that.

I like the idea of the Jerk Rivals parents being important people in the league. I dont remember what lore and story you guys gave them but maybe it can lead to the reason why theyre such a jerk? Like either a 'my mom/dads an E4 member I can do whatever I want' or a 'mom/dads always busy and not paying me attention so Im lashing out'. Maybe their parents type specialty could be their type specialty too if you want. They probably can just be a regular trainer with no big vibe or aesthetic.

(!!! Okay not related to E4 stuff but I just thought of this. What if the jerk rival has a redemption arc and part of its symbolized by their team comp. Like lets say theyre trying to follow in their parents footsteps before realizing theyre their own peraon and they shouldnt copy their parent so closely. Imagine the Jerk Rival starting out with a monotyped team but later expanding the team to include other types as a way to differenriate themselves from their parent. Maybe some Pokémon get extra typings or changed typings for the variety. Alternatively if they have a strained relationship with their parent they could have a type specialty strong against it. Like fire if their parents type is grass or something. Maybe the same team progression thing can happen but we'll see.)

Anyways heres some udeas Ive btainstormed on the spot for other possible Elite 4 members. All of these are types that arent being used by any other important character in the region.

Bug
    - Entemologist. Researcher and Battler.
    - Part Pokémon Ranger. (I speak for the trees and the trees say frick you)

Dark
    - Grafitti Artist. Lots of neon and grunge in the aesthetic
    - Actor. Tragedy is gloriosu inspiration

Dragon
    - Lore Keeper. Very ancient free flowing vibe
    - Aatronaut. Or someghing close to it. A lot of Dragons have a space vibe to them

Ghost
    - Opposite of Posh Man. Just for the sheer difference they have
    - Dancer. Somewhat inspired by the day of the dead. Even if that seems out of place

Ground.
    - Museum Curator. Ancient civilization vibes

Poison
    - Chemist. Researcher and Battler
    - Grafitti Artist. Lots of neon and street art aesthetic
    - Pop Star. Opposite of Roxie lmao

Rock
    - Museum Curator. Uses mainly fossil Pokémon

11. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Hey guys I'm back. But this time I'm not doing any drawings. Instead, I wanna talk about some story beats. Specifically regarding the Jerk Rival character.

My little ramble from yesterday regarding the E4 got me thinking of possible dynamics the Jerk Rival has to you, and their potential E4 parent.

I've got a lot of ideas here, so I'm gonna split them into various Spoiler Tags to make this thing be more cohesive and stuff.

Most of these have a possible 'redemption arc' in mind where the rival becomes less of a douche. But if that's not to your liking then you can disregard that part. Also, this has an E4 parent in mind. Some ideas can be repurposed for a gym leader or evil team member parent but that's not what I'm rambling about.

Also, JR is Jerk Rival and EP is Elite 4 Parent.

This one's very simple. EP is a very strong and famous trainer and JR takes advantage of that. They think that just because their parent is one of the strongest trainers in all of Meroi that they can do whatever the hell they want.

They flaunt it in your face and say that you will never reach their parent's status or even their own status for that matter. Their starter/main Pokémon could be the offspring of one of EP's Pokémon and be basically bred to battle They use Luxury Balls, whine if you win, and swear that 'battlings in my blood, you were just lucky this time!'.

This is the most versatile of all the ideas. The main aspect of it is the fact that JR is an entitled brat thanks to EPs status. They can have a monotype team or be diverse. They can learn to be humble or stay a brat for the entire game. Their parent can be a Karen-type figure or just a regular old parent. Whatever the variation this can still work.

This one is the complete opposite of the Entitled Brat. Instead of relishing in the fame and power EP has, JR is sick and tired of it and tries to hide away from it. They hate the spotlight put upon them and runs away to avoid being a part of that life.

JR wants to be known for their own battling prowess and skill. They don't want to be known as just the EP's kid. So they run away and try to take the route of a normal trainer. They're still wicked strong thanks to the training they got from EP and they're not too well versed in social interactions due to their life before but they usually succeed in hiding where they came from.

There could be a story beat where they go back into the spotlight as a bit of a reveal but have since garnered enough fame of their own to not just be known as EP's kid.

This one can have the same parameters of Entitled Brat. Mono or Multitype. Decent or not parent. The works.

This one is kind of like when a younger sibling tries to copy everything you do cause you're the coolest person they know. JR is trying to mimic the success of EP by literally doing everything they did.

JR looks like a small version of EP. They have the same attitude (since this is a jerk rival EPs probably gonna be kinda bad), the same style, and the same team, only if EP was a teenager instead of an adult. They try to be just like EP hoping that they will be just as successful as them.

But then as time goes on they realize it's not working for them. They don't mesh well with EP's type, they're not comfortable with the fashion EP likes to wear and they're just doing terribly. So they switch it up and start training other Pokémon types, change up their looks and just be different. With their new style and team they're much more powerful and confident than before.

Not much angst here. It kinda feels like the reverse of Bede. Basically doing his own thing before becoming sort of a mini Opal. Might be cool to have that dynamic.

If you know My Hero Academia you can probably guess what this is going to be.

EP is an E4 member who is obsessed with climbing up to becoming Champion. Maybe they were a former gym leader who wants to keep going up. Maybe they've been an E4 member their whole life. Either way, they're obsessed with becoming the very best.

Since EP is getting on their years and may retire soon, they decide to train their child into taking their place. They train them to use their type to the fullest potential so that they can live vicariously through their kid. The kid JR is having none of this and runs away.

JR resents EP for their obsessive nature and the way they treated them. They try rebelling against what EP wants them to be. They change their type specialty to one either weak or strong against EP's type, changing their looks to something EP would disapprove of, and even try out other things other than battling.

As the story progresses JR realizes that by doing the opposite of what EP wants, they're still letting EP control their path. They soon lighten up a bit on the rebellion, not outright rejecting the things he knows like battling and EPs type specialty. Soon they become more comfortable as a trainer and forge their own path not controlled by EP's wishes.

This one is more fanfiction-y since I love MHA and basically just tried to twist the actual story into a Pokémon Universe. things can definitely be changed and I'd be surprised if this was chosen at all in the first place.

This one is sort of like the Todoroki Dynamic but different. Instead of training JR to become stronger than them to surpass them, EP instead focuses all their time and effort on getting stronger leaving no time for JR.

JR feels abandoned by their parent in their quest for getting stronger and feels like every accomplishment they have is brushed aside. So they go on their own journey in the hopes that they'll get strong enough that EP will notice them. They act like a jerk either because being naughty is the only way they got EP to notice them or EP acts the same way and they are merely copying that behavior.

As the story progresses and you fight JR more and more, they come to the realization that Ep will simply not acknowledge them no matter what they do. This will break them and maybe lead up to one of the hardest battles you will face against them. Then they could come to the realization that even though EP is not proud of them, they are proud of themselves for getting this far without the help of the neglectful EP. They could still act like a jerk but be less hostile and more open to team battles with you.

For even more angst (if you're into it), what if EP is only neglectful towards JR but not their siblings (if they have one). Like maybe EP's not the best parent to them either but at least they're trying. Or even worse, if the Champion's a child, make EP more dedicated to helping them than their own child.. That could be another reason why JR is so intent on being the strongest trainer. To crush not only EP but the person EP 'replaced' them for. (okay this got dark) (also this is the todoroki dynamic but between endeavor and fuyumi/natsuo instead kek-)

Anyways that's everything I've come up with. It's nearly 3 am now so I should stop and sleep now lol. Let me know what you think. Are my ideas any good? Should we try using them for Jerk Rival? For Friendly Rival? Let me know if I should ramble about more plot ideas.

12. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    @NyxieRina oh wow there are So Many routes we can go with this and im not even sure which one to choose!! iirc way way back during early discussions there was an idea of the jerk rival actually joining the evil team so maybe the dynamic closest to "i dont wanna be my parent im sick of this im running away" (so i guess the todoroki route but i havent watched mha so idk what a todoroki is oops) would be the most interesting here bc their way of lashing out is literally siding with wacko villains. ofc if we still want the jerk rival to join the evil team

regardless of which route we like best i Really Really want the rival and their parent to make up and understand their dysfunction and work to resolve it. and on an aside for the e4 i love the thought of a poison trainer who leans hard into the street aesthetic!! maybe they can be a rival of remy and trixie as a pop star too?? and a ghost type trainer whos inspired by day of the dead is so cool (and honestly isnt out of place!! i visit chicago every so often and its a super diverse city). it would be really awesome to design a ghost type specialist that isnt dressed for a funeral in all black and purple!! i live in an area with a pretty big lantix population and day of the dead celebrations are so colorful and they look cheerful i love this idea yall

NyxieRina likes this.
  13. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    I really kind of like the Avoidant Celebrity path. Though in all honesty I'm too nice of a person and just don't really want the shitty parent thing. Definitely just a "me" thing though.

NyxieRina likes this.
  14. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    More names and concepts.

Ive been thinking about the E4 a bit more and have brain stormed a lot of things. Unfortunately I havent had the time to go and draw these ideas out(cause busy for school) so instead Ill jist write it out. If theres any other artists there willing to try and draw these ideas out I would appreciate it

Theres actually more than 4 characters here. There were 2 initial ones before i joined Valor and 3 were added in the E4 convo earlier. So technically its an Elite 5 until someone gets booted or promoted to Champion (if ever).

When I first saw Skittle say they were up for a poison Popstar I didnt see the rest of what they said regarding the street style. So this technically has two parts of it.

The first idea was a more basic Popstar. She wears her stage outfit which is like a party cocktail dress but the skirt was made with big balls to symbolize the toxic bubbles sometimes associated with her type. Maybe a cool ombre effect from pink to purple or evwn green to purple. Her hair would also be curled up into near balls on each side like a very curly bob. Her name was Elladona which is just Belladona the plant but without the B. I think that would make an interesting stage name for her.

The other one is the actual one Skittle suggested being the Street style. Not sure on the gender but either way they would have partially shaved hairthat is also clearly an unatural color. Jeans and sneakers with a jacket full of pins and maybe even a face mask for the look. Maybe they could have streaks of color on their clothes too. For a boy I say Russel coming from aeROSOL (just namefied) and also tussle. For a girl maybe Aesol for the same reason or Mia from Miasma.

Out of all the E4 members I feel like this guy would be the supposed Jerk Rivals parent. Just because I can see him being the oldest and the most likely to have sired a child. No talk about the relationship dynamic with Jerk Rival here since thats not the point. He would have a big thick coat and maybe a spiffy hat. Maybe not as tall or as wide as Axel would probably be but sfill enough to cut an intimidating figure. For names I think Bernard would fit best. Its an old name that usually means like a bear and well Ursarang is a normal type. Even if he doesnt use one that might be interesting. Alternatively we can use Stanley or Stanford which has the word Standard or Normal

This ones one of the OG E4 ideas, the long haired E4 whos actually a guy. I imagine he wears something akin to a robe, either to fit the look as a god of life and nature or as a druid. Long green hair with a crown of leaves on top, strapped sandals and subtle floral patternsin his outfit. For a name I think Laurence as a reference to Laurel leaves which he wears. Laurel leaves also are known in ancient greece and with the god aesthetic i think it fits.

This one was entirely inspired by Subjectivelys Mazah region. She is a foreigner from another region who stayed in Meroi ans became an elite 4. Despite this she is proud of her heritage and unafraid to show it. She has darker skin, dark hair pulled up into some buns, skull makeup like they use in the celebration and a long dress thats used in the day of the dead celebrations. She still has the typical dark purple but is now paired with the bright gold to symbolize the cheer of the festival. Her name can be Marisol or Marigold. Sol is close to Soul and Marigolds are important in teh celebration of the festival.

Im not sure what to do with this one. Im cool with the mixed team idea but i still wanted her to have a theme of some kind. Maybe once thats decided I can think up more for her. For now all I can say is that her name would probably be Mina cause she has a minagere (is that how you spell it) of Pokémon. Her name would def change if she gets a more clear theme. Either through her strats like trick room and weather or visually like royal Pokémon or eeveelutions. This ones a big WIP

And now a bonus character

Basically the Bill of the region, who makes the Pokémon transfer system and occasionally gives you an eevee. My idea is that this character is LV itself. They would look like an azelf gijinka with blue hair and yellow eyes and maybe even hair thats shaped in a somehwat similar way. Names could either be Azzy (Azelf), Lake (Obv.), Valorie (Valor), William (Willpower) or Garren (Guardian). We can discuss this more later and figure out if they would be a boy or a girl.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions for other possible E4 members? Who shoukd be booted out of the E4 and should that character remain in the game somewhere? What do you think of our Storage Tech?

15. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    You know, we do have a certain character named Valoria who basically acts as an antivirus for the site, defending against the Arcadia Virus (long story). She already has the sciency aesthetic and Azelf coloration. Wouldn't be much of a stretch to basically combine her with Professor Azelf for our regional Bill.

NyxieRina likes this.
  16. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    That would be perfect! I havent seen Valoria yet but she could work. We just have to make her human and stuff.

Oh while Im here I might as well mention some more ideas for the Mixed Trainer E4.

Keep in mind im not a compwtitive battler so im just generalizing here cause I dont know how to make a great team. Most of these are just aesthetics anyways but just to be sure.

Ari uses a Sand Team for her Gym Battle. Sort of similar to what Raihans tactics are in Galar. She uses primarily rock, ground and steel Pokémon with abilities that set up or take advantage of the sand. Her design can go either of two ways, either a rugged outdoorsy look or a flowing light look like desert clothes. Her name comes from Arid.

Wanda turns the tides by utilizing Trick Room throughout her battle. All her Pokémon are slow but powerful which makes them utilize Trick room to the max. Not sure what to do for her design. Wanda just came to me as a name perfect for a tricky strategy like trick room

Pauline will stop you in your tracks thanka to her stalling moveset. You better have patience if you want to get through her tricky team. She probably has a complicated design simply to reflect the patience she has and the one you need to get the battle done. Pauline has Pau which is close to Pause

Blink and you'll miss it. Maxine specializes and blisteringly fast Pokémon who can end a battle before it even begins. She has a sleek look with a racing track suit and her hair tied back. Maxine comes from Max like Maximum speed

Plain and simple, Vivian uses a team of only Eeveelutions. I imagine she has all of them but when you battle her she leaves out her Flareon and either her Leafeon or Glaceon. Maybe if Z Moves reappear in Meroi she coukd also add an Eevee in for the Extreme Evoboost Baton Pass tactic. She would look very cutesy, sporting a soft Lolita look all in Eevees colors. Vivian comes from vee-vee. The cry of Eevee in the newer generations where it uses actual words instead of a computer cry

Reyna claims shes royalty and has Pokémon that reflect that. All her Pokémon has King, Queen, Emperor and other high noble titles in their name. She dresses like a princess with a full balldown and a tiny little tiara. Reyna is the Filipino word for Queen and it sounds just like reign.

Thats all I can remember for now. No Sun or Rain team since I think Laurence and Enya can handle Sun while Lachlan and maybe even Maverick can handle rain

17. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    OKAY I JUST HAD A SUDDEN IDEA AND I HAD TO TYPE IT OUT

NOT RELATED TO ANY DISCUSSIONS WE HAD BEFORE

The Champions always align with the side of good right? So imagine a story where its the opposite.

The Champion is secretly the leader of the Evil Team. See, becoming Champion wasnt his plan, he just so happened to beat the E4 and become it. It does help him in his goals though, since as champion he has more leeway into the things he could do. His real plan is to harness the power of the gods. What he wants to use that for is unknown but he mostly has his henchmen to do it for him.

He sets up these scenarios that show him 'defeating' the grunts and admins of the evil team to show that he is 'actively fighting this evil threat. But its all scripted and if you step in to help you can see cracks that show that wasnt part of the plan at all.

Maybe you get to fight him as Champion before the plot crashes in and you have to defeat him as the evil team leader. Maybe he gets defeated before the e4 and a replacement is found. Either way hes foudn out and ousted and you take his place.

Maybe some e4 and gym leaders are in on it. Or maybe theyre completely oblivious and fell for his charms like every one else.

Maybe the champion has children and he uses these children as pawns. They could possibly be the admins of his team, all working to please their father by doing the terrible deeds. Maybe one of his kids broke free and is now on the run because they dont care about their fathers evil plans and just want fo be a normal kid and trainer. Maybe this runaway becomes your rival.

Your Rival could be a kid who either simply ran away to get away from the madness or is actively trying to egt someones attention so that their fathers deeds can be known. They can be the jerk rival, the jerkiness either coming from their upbringing or from them not wanting to waste time on you when theyre on their mission. Maybe after an encounter with the evil team they spill their back story which further prompts you into shutting the team down and becomes a catalyst for them to warm up to you. Together (but mostly you cause youre the protagonist) you defeat the evil team and land dear old dad and the evil team in prison.

In this scenario maybe when you get to teh Champion your rival stands infront of you. Either they beat the e4 before you or they were placed as a temporary champ while the whole mess was being sorted out. You defeat the rival and you become champion and your rival is actually happy about it.

So yeah, evil team leader and champion with a kid who might help bring him down

18. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    Very small thing. The Professor should be called Professor Azelea. Professor Magnolia already allowed flower named professors and its the closest plant i could think of to Azelf. Professor Azelf deserves to be the Meroi Professor.

Captain Comet likes this.
  19. NyxieRina

Cryptid
    (Urufuman)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽460.0
    So I just found out while scrolling through Medals that LV has its own set of requestable Gym Badges.

Maybe those can be the Gym Badges in the Meroi region? I mean, its already there

20. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Maybe, but it really depends on the gym leaders themselves. We shouldn't have to force the badge designs to work for the character designs.