1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

singstar10 an artist trying to find a style

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by singstar10, Mar 26, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singstar10

singstar10 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
  2. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    I definitely like the style with a black out line more so than the last one. ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scrafty1

Scrafty1 Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Hi!
    I think you should stick with multiple styles, they tend to add a lot of variety in your work without being bored with your pieces; many artists tend to use multiple styles/mediums in their pieces (for experimentation and like I said before, variety).
    I think what you can work on is your lineart, right away your lines are really jagged and they don't make your overall pieces look clean. I fully understand that lineart is really difficult to master (especially in digital art) but I would probably focus more on that and have a lot of patience/practice with it.
    The anatomy is a bit off for many of your pieces, more so in your Pegasus one (i.e. the wings aren't connected to the shoulder blades and half of it is cut out; don't be afraid to made the canvas bigger if you are running out of room). Anatomy is also quite frustrating too so maybe you could have reference images for the poses you want and then copy the posing (you could also have a friend strike a pose for you and copy the outline of it).
    Anyways, I hope I helped!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.