1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback [Archive]

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Ryan, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    First issue: you can't enter as a guest? I'll speak with the admins about that, don't think that was intentional. edit: fixed, thank you Satix!

Second issue: yeah, it has been slowly lately, but the admins are working hard to get things back on track. n~n

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Not really sure if this warrants a whole thread, please split this post into its own thread if it does! Seems like a pretty quick suggestion though.

I noticed the forum "Television and Cartoons" and its subforum "Movies" are both quite inactive and have few topics. Wynaut merge them? Into something like "Television & Movies" or something. It'd make more sense to me to have them together; it'd encourage both aspects to remain active, too, since users wouldn't have to check into two different sections for both tv shows and movies. Up to you guys at the end of the day though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Noctis likes this.
  3. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Can we please have the option to change our Referrer? I know that you referred me Achromatic, but it doesn't really give you real credit.

4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I agree with Pixil's points about a merger. We could also do with a rename to further rework that forum, especially since cartoons are mostly encompassed by the "television" aspect of the title to begin with so they're not really necessary to separate in the existing forum name.

The referrer field can't be changed since it was abused in the past with constant changes to random symbols and other things that weren't actual referrers. v_v Unfortunately I do not believe the other admins are willing to have a repeat of that situation so it more than likely will stay unchangeable.

5. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I have a question that's been bugging me for a while now: What does bumping a thread actually do?

I've never really been part of a Forum before LV, and I don't want to press it on a post in case... I dunno, the LV servers explode? That'd probably be bad...

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    It means it'll get bumped above other topics and appear as the newest topic/most recent topic in that forum.

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Finally got around to this - thank you Katey!

Just so you know, smaller suggestions are more likely to get done, and at a quicker pace. Even if you feel like your suggestions are tiny, all of you guys should suggest any ideas that come to mind!

8. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Not sure if this is small, or even a good idea, but noticing all the "claim a character" threads, I noticed there wasn't a "claim some music" thread. I just think it'd be cool to be able to claim theme songs, modern music and video game soundtracks, but like I said, I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

9. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    This is certainly a great idea, I've just added that thread here.

10. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    On the subject of the "Claim a Song" thread, can we get a section on our profiles to list what songs we've claimed, like we already have for the Video Game Character, TV/Movie Character, and Anime/Manga Claims?

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Indeed you can! It's been added. ^^

12. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Something else just dawned on me, and I personally think I'm dumb for not having thought of it sooner. We have a section on our profiles to list our 3DS Friend Code, but what about Wii U users? Since you have to type in the person's NNID to add them as a friend on the Wii U, I think it would be a great idea if we had a section on our profiles to list our NNID in, like we already have for 3DS Friend Codes. I know certain clubs for Wii U games like the Smash Bros Club would really appreciate this feature if it were added!

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Good call! Just added this, should be good to go. :']

14. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Well, since all these other profile sections are being added... :P
    But, what about making a profile section where you could put what Multiplayer games you have for quick reference?

15. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I think the About Me page can serve to let people know of your multiplayer games well enough, personally. We don't want to add too many profile fields that it becomes overbearing and I personally don't think a multiplayer game list warrants its own field. Perhaps another admin sees it differently, though?

16. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    EDIT: Thanks a bunch Ben, I never thought to try that! :o

Just a quick suggestion, in the "Customize Posts" field of donators' profiles, I think there should be some way of resetting the fields to default. I'd like to have my posts back to the default color, but I can't set it to do that. And even if I took the exact color of the fonts, they're different on all themes, so it would only appear to be the same color on certain themes. :/

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a suggestion, so I'll just put it here and hope I got it right! ^^

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Good suggestion. Though if you want to go back to the default color, just remove the color code!

Steamlined likes this.
  18. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    About the Postfests, maybe they could start earlier in the day or something because people in EU and Asia are generally asleep or about to go to sleep by the time it starts, so it can be a little difficult for them to participate.

19. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Agreed. Will do this the next time it comes around.

20. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    This is just something that personally bothers me a lot. It doesn't need to be changed by any means, I just wanted to see if any of the staff would agree with me on this suggestion. In short, the thing bothering me is that the topic for previous Gens has no dedicated section for Gen II. Instead, GSC was combined with RBY in the Indigo League section. I can understand why this was done, but it just kinda makes me want to scream in frustration because every time I look at this, it makes me think that the staff thinks GSC was part of Gen I, and that Gen II never existed. The solution I can recommend for this is to make a dedicated section in the area for discussion about previous Gens specifically for anything involving GSC, and give it a cool name. (Maybe the Lake of Rage, or the Ruins of Alph?) Again, this doesn't need to be changed by any means, I just wanted to see if any of you guys understand where it is that I'm coming from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.