1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Social Media of Choice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BZRich64, Nov 30, 2022.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    Social media has become a major part of our lives in the modern age, and there are plenty of different sites and apps to choose from that each offer their own niche within the online community. My question for you is which social media sites/apps that you personally prefer and why.

I am definitely not just asking this because I'm LV's social media manager and wondering where I should try plugging this site. Nope, definitely not why I'm asking this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I use tumblr, but that's mostly just because I understand how it works, and it's an easy place to put art work and stuff

3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I primarily use Twitter because it's funny to see the wild interactions between companies, famous people, normal people, and people hiding behind anonymous names. It's a chaotic wilderness, and I love/hate it.

The one I find myself not using anymore is Facebook. Twitter might be toxic, but I don't think it begins to compare to the judgmental wasteland that is Facebook. Twitter is at least fun to go on and read stupid comments.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I use instagram as my main social media platform, I find the feed curation to be pretty good (though I do wish they would have ads be better identified in the feed) and a lot of artists and dnd pages I follow are there. I still use facebook messenger to communicate with some family members and old school friends from time to time. I don't really navigate the site much though. I pop onto twitter briefly maybe once a week or if a creator I follow is doing something of interest over there, I really dont like the interface though so I tend to avoid it.