1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Vaquero, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
?

Title for the RP

1. The Smashers of LV

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. super target arod please <3 bros 4

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I had to leave early because of medical issues...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I’m so sorry about that. I hope your arm shaking gets better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I'm low key just waiting on BZRich now before I respond.

almost called him BZRick btw.

4. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    We all just gotta be patient

5. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    So with the latest smash direct case info for the spirits mode. And withbut came a dope animation with a story. But, how do y’all think it will affect the rp? Should I keep that for later until we get established with teams and stuff or should I say everything seems so barren because the events of the spirits is taking place?

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    The cutscene from the trailer showed all of the character already teamed up to fight a new enemy. My suggestion is that our story serve as the build up to that moment. We slowly make allies (and enemies that we may have to reluctantly work together with) as we learn about this new foe that stands before us and eventually start preparing our 'final' stand against this winged monstrosity and its army of Master Hands before it wipes us all out so that we have to regroup before vanquishing our foe once and for all.

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I have a second question. What should we do about the guy who just suddenly popped into our RP without a signup? The user playing Villager didn't sign up, but we did already react to his post. And they haven't replied since then.
    As for a story, I'm fine with anything.

8. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    So, do our charcater die or do we get away? Or will this only focus on Choco sine he’s Kirby XD

9. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    I figured that we'd work that out when we get there. This was just a suggestion and not something that we necessarily have to go with.

And as for Villager, I say that we either have our characters fight him and send him flying away or have someone put in a post that he runs away before we can do anything else.

10. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
  11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Sounds good to me. They should probably sign up as well if needed.

12. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I guess we could just kick them out for now and wait for them to make an actual sign-up post before letting them back in.

13. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    If they don't respond then I would just kick them out until they make a sign-up post

14. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Okay then. So I’ll just make everyone dodge Doc’s final smash

15. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    About this, I feel like having just Kirby would force you guys out of activity (and mostly just myself being incompetent in general), so how about some kind of a compromise? I have some terrible ideas for this:
    a. have some/all characters get away by grabbing onto the Warp Star (pros: you can actually interact, cons: I don't know how to handle the "fighter unlock" battles)
    b. have the characters turned into "spirits" that are separate from their fighting bodies
    - b1: spirit characters can posess other fighters' bodies, let's say Doc can posess Mario's body (although he will NOT like that) or Marth can control Robin or something like that? Once they find their original bodies, they have to go back in (let's say Kirby unlocks Marth and Marth can stop being a spirit) (pros: can keep fighters fighting) (cons: will still be unfair to others as they can't really play as their own character)
    - b2: spirit characters can semi-interact with the outside world, but can't directly deal damage - they can throw items, distract characters, or fake out someone (pros: they can still interact) (cons: again, they can't really fight)
    - b3: spirit characters are ghosts and can go through things but can't interact at all (cons: all you can do is see and talk) (pros: better than being completely dead)
    c. everyone turns into a Kirby until they unlock their own fighter bodies (pros: keeps everyone in the game) (cons: prevents players from being their own character)
    d. instead of Kirby, one other character will grab onto the Warp Star and Kirby will replace them as a spirit (pros: you don't have to read "Kirby is incompetent for ten years, and you can combine this idea with other ideas) (cons: again, only one player is active)

Apologies for spamming this post, I'm really sorry!

16. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Not at all. I need to do a better job at keeping this thing alive. I like the first one you have though. It’d be a cool little obstacle for Doc.

17. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Do you mean "a" or "b1"?

18. Vaquero

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    B1

19. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    My current thoughts are that if/when we finally get there, we should end the campaign with us getting wiped out by Galeem as a sort of cliffhanger. Then we start up a sequel campaign following the events of World of Light, except instead of Kirby starting alone, he's joined by several spirit-possessed fighters who have managed to shake off Galeem's control.

Vaquero likes this.
  20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    It's been a (long) while since this RP has been down. You want to start it up again, create a new one, or leave it be? Sorry if I'm being annoying.

Vaquero likes this.