1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Achromatic, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I actually really adore the story. Sure, it's scattered but that's kinda the whole point of the vastness of this world. Each to their own though!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Furie likes this.
  2. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    so bref of da waaw is gud? i dun hav a swiiws but it sous gud

(i'm talking like this for laffs)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    I have to finish the game to really to see if the story goes even better. I dont mean to say the story is dry when you get more rain then anything in the game... and lightning. I am not used to Zelda games having scattered story and the amnesia is cool. I felt kinda misled from the trailers i mean i was thinking you will travel with the champions or something like that. Perhaps it was due to over hype. that happens; love the game for what it is, i really dont mean to complain as i have a lot of fun with the game. They took so long after the announcement and did a lot to make it great and it is when it is not putting me to sleep for the sheer lack of music in depth music. The Soundscape immerse too good XD

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I managed to miss all the trailers, and for me the fact that you have to regain your memories is a big plus in the game. The effort you have to put in to get the story and the memories back, makes them more worth it. I got so attached to Mipha, as the first memory I gained was that of Calamity Ganon taking over Hyrule Castle and the first beast I conquered was Vah Ruta. Not to mention her gift made the game less frustrating for me.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    100% agree. I've done all of the memory stuff and I can say it felt worth it. Really glad I did. :D

6. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Alright, so I'm just gonna say it: this might be my favourite game in the Zelda franchise, if not of all time. And that's saying something, because my Top 10 games are all Pokémon titles.

Everything about this game is just so freaking amazing and I love it. Every time I play, I feel like I'm in the land of Hyrule, and not sitting on the couch staring at a screen for 10 hours straight. This is also my first open-world game, and I'm glad I started with this because now I want to explre this genre so much more!

My favourite aspects of the game are all the different weapon types, paragliding and horseback riding. My favourite set of armour is the Champion Tunic-Hylian Hood-Hylian Boots/Pants/whatevertheyrecalled Combo shown in the first trailer, but I'm always swithing to adapt to my environment, so I never get sick of the same outfit.

Oh, and also the DRAGONS. They're my favourite part of this game. Every time I see one, my heart races, and not the same way the Guardians make my heart race, because those things are terrifyingly terrifying. Anyway, if you haven't found a dragon yet, I suggest you camp out at Bridge of Hylia until around midnight ;)

Furie likes this.
  7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I beat this game a few days ago and woo, that was a wild ride. Wasn't huge on the ending but still an amazing and very solid game all the same. Hard to believe it's been almost a month. I'm gonna keep playing to slowly progress through all of the shrines if I can.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    @[member="Achromatic"] It hasn't even been three weeks, Ben.

9. CinnPai

CinnPai Sailor

IT'S A CINN
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.1
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The moment the world gets Pokepark 3: Breath of the Waillord, I will take on the entire LOZ: Breath of the Wild storyline with only the starting weapons.

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1pI_5Y6HKU

Hands down my favourite song in the game. It's so pretty.

11. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    It is so soothing. Great song and I enjoy spending time in the Rito village.

12. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    I'm not sure if this thread is old enough to consider posting in here necrobumping (god, that's a term I haven't heard/used in ages, hah), but I played this game for a few straight months and then dropped it after a trip on Mother's Day (I got distracted by doing writing and a lot of other stuff), but today I finally picked it back up and... man, I forgot just how much I love this game.

Now that it's been quite a few months since the game was released, what are everyone's thoughts-in-retrospect on it? It certainly seems like it delivered on the hype it was bringing, which is very rare even for Zelda.

Furie likes this.
  13. darkmaster567

Cirrus
    (Mystery Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽30.6
    I love the game so much! The different play-style makes it very enjoyable, not to mention all the different paths you can take for completing the game, there's so much replay-ability that it feels like you're playing it for the first time again.

14. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    It's the first Zelda game I got (and the only one for now) and it's just amazing!
    I haven't played very much since the summer holiday ended, I still have a lot of things to do, but it's really really awesome.

15. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    Man, Breath of the Wild as your first Zelda game... I can't even imagine what that must be like, hah. Might be a bit hard for you to go back to some of the older 3D ones, if just because of how less climby and freeform they are. :u

Furie likes this.
  16. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I haven't tried any other Zelda game yet xD
    TP seems cool but as I don't have the Wii or else I'm just gonna wait to see if they put it on the Switch.
    Funny story, I saw some people who, after playing botw, played another game (like for exemple Horizon), went to a cliff and jumped, forgetting there wasn't any paraglider here XD

17. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    May just have the answer to that question for you:

18. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    To be fair, one of the devs (I think the director? maybe not, I forget) specifically said "the game takes place ages and ages after all of the other games in the series, we did this so that everyone could jump in and have a good time", heheh.

19. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I still love it and every once in awhile I'll get an itch to just start playing BotW "for a little while" which then turns into hours and then at least every day for a week going back and looking for extra little hidden goodies or just to ride around the map and listen to the music and take in the scenery until I'm hit with an itch to play something else for awhile.

My favorite thing about it is, even when you beat the final boss, the world is just so open and if nothing else you can fight bands of monsters or farm cooking ingredients and just have a relaxing time.

SkyBlueFox1 likes this.