1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Longing - A 400 day logbook

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jeydis, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Hello everyone, I found out about this really neat little indie game called The Longing. It's an odd mix of exploring and idle game that takes place in real time. Due to it's strange, long-term nature I wanted to keep a bit of a log book as I went of all the things that happen in the game. This will be especially neat to review once the 400 days are done and to compare with other people if they play the game as well.

It's available on PC and Switch currently. The game itself is extremely slow paced, your character walks very casually as he explores this world and everything happens in real time. This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I was certainly intrigued.

To make this a bit funner I will be doing this logbook in first person from the point of view of our player character, the Shade.
    [​IMG]
    So sit back relax and enjoy this loooong ride.

PS: Please feel free to drop your comments and questions etc in the comments!
    ===================================
    21/04/2021 - Day 1
    I awoke today, in the earthen grasp of my king. His power is waning and he needs to rest to recover. He will awaken again in 400 days and has tasked me to be there to help him with that. Meanwhile I am to stay within his underground domain and not head into the dangerous outside world.
    [​IMG]

It's dark here but that's alright, my big eyes are perfect for my life underground. I don't even need a light to read by. My book collection is small right now but that suits my small room and small self I think.
    [​IMG]

I read for a little while and started this journal. I shouldn't stay on my butt all day though, I read somewhere that it's not good for my legs or my brain. Those big stairs next to the king looked daunting but maybe I can find some coal for my fireplace in the upper floors, it would be nice to have some warmth...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Roman, Wizard and ~darktyranitar~ like this.
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    ((Compilation of a couple days of testing things out))
    The door at the top of the stairs was heavy and took some time to open. It was worth it though, I found myself among beautiful halls of pink quartz annnnndd more stairs! That's all right if they all lead to nice places like this I am all for this.
    [​IMG]
    I read somewhere that good adventurers always go left. So I will go that way first.

More lovely pink crystals, even the the walls have panes of it. as I peek through the glamoured glass I can see the top of my master's earthen crown. His majesty knows no equal.
    [​IMG]

On the far end of the corridor I encountered a fork in the pathway.
    [​IMG]
    The bottom corridor lead to... less comfortable locations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The good thing about this trip at least, I found plenty of coal for my fireplace and even some flint to light it! This place is beginning to all look the same though. I will head back to my home and start again, taking a different path.

3. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    This seems like a good concept for a game but at the same time IDK if i'm being honest