1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

The Union Room - For general chatting about Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pixil, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I could honestly care less if I get a shiny or not, and I hate how people judge you by how much shinies you have collected, and ignoring the other factors of the game that require actual skill. Shiny-hunting is just a waste of time in my opinion, as it requires zero skill and it’s only luck-based.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Eh... it depends on the kind of person that you are and what kind of actual value you place in getting shiny Pokémon. I agree that some people kinda overblow the value of them, and some others don't really care. Personally I like to have a collection of shinies of just the Pokémon that I really like. =P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    I’m alright with people collecting them, but I don’t like it when people think your entire life depends on them.

4. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    yeah that's pushing it a bit too far but I don't know of anyone that's like that from the best of my recollation.

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Shiny hunting is just gambling tbh. It's addicting.

6. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    It is! That's a lot of the reason why I enjoyed SOS Chaining so much.

Shiny breeding? Not so much; it just gets really boring because it's seems more repetitive. u.u

7. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It really depends on what you want, either a good IV shiny or just going for the shiny itself, but I've had successful run for both methods.

8. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    good IV shinies matter to me a lot which is why I like shiny breeding!

although like i said before it's just really boring and mind-numbing sometimes hatching a gazillion eggs just to get that particular shiny.

9. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I only do it if I'm bored and on the road with my family, cause it is usually filled with silence or music from + - mother's   our favorite radio station

10. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I used to grind for shinies but the sm/usum games i just game it up. I'm hoping to start back up with the gen 8 games.

11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I won't be able to play gen 8 games, assuming they're on the Switch. I might watch let's plays so I can enjoy the storyline though.

12. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    From the way things are looking for me, I won't be getting the Switch for a while, much less any other games, I know that some time in the future I would probably get it so I will avoid trying to get spoilers if I can

13. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Good luck, spoilers seem to follow me wherever I go lol. If I want to avoid them I have to avoid all the online sites I like visiting x_x

14. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I guess that it isn't a bad thing, I only get on LV and discord for my online chatting stuff and then there is of course Youtube...that's pretty much it for my online doings

15. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Nowhere is safe!

16. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Įa has wörse conditions: Įa ōnly has emūlātors until DS (and Įa dœsn't trust Citra)

17. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,695.7
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    If you wanna play a game but you don't get it the day it comes out, don't go on Youtube. People love to put all sorts of spoilery miniatures on their videos :furious:

18. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Am I the only one who doesn’t mind spoilers?

19. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Nıet, Įa also dœsn't rēally cāre~
    Ī get spoilers all the tīme~

20. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,198.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    To avoid spoilers you pretty much have the stop being on YouTube a week before a release since the games tends to get leaked and ends up everywhere on that site.

I'm so-so about spoilers myself, really depends on what it is since some things I don't mind getting spoiled while others not so much.