1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Things You Learned From Video Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Neb, May 18, 2024.

1. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,609.9
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Did you learn any interesting facts or skills from video games?

In the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Link swims a stroke known as the sidestroke in his default animation. I tried doing it in a pool as a kid and lo and behold it works! It's not as fast as other strokes, but it's very easy to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF likes this.
  2. Jeydis

Jeydis Deep down in Underfity

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,729.2
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    That is a good question... this is what I can think of off the top of my head:

- Hades and Hades 2 are both great at teaching/reminding me of old mythology stuff that I studied more as a kid. They put in some interestingly small nods at stories that are not talked about much in other media.
    - Currently learning an entire fictional language from Chant's of Sennar, not the most useful skill but still.
    - Lastly, but the earliest life lesson: I learned a lot of English playing video games as a kid (my first language is French). Secret of Monkey island especially since it was so fun with it's vocabulary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...