1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

time to join the bandwagon

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by DuoM2, Jul 22, 2019.

1. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    hi

Ask me any questions you may have. They can be related to Smash, pixel art, my life, a very obviously out-of-place question that opens the door for me to advertise my social media, I don't care.

2. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Hmm what game would you say has your favorite sprite art?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    What inspired you to main Mewtwo?
    Did you draw your pfp?
    How's life?
    Can I open a window instead?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Do you like cats or dogs more?

5. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Alright so I haven't actually played very many video games in my life, and most of them were either Pokémon or Mario. Of the games that I did play with sprites, I liked Sonic Advance's a lot because of how nice the style is on top of still holding up well today despite being made all the way back in 2001. The Shovel Knight games are a close second.

Mewtwo's a character I've wanted to play as a kid back when Brawl was the newest game, so I was pumped to see him in Smash 4 as DLC. I played him a good bit alongside Meta Knight because his defensive gameplan just clicked with me until Meta Knight's Up Air got nerfed in patch like 1.1.5, when I dropped Meta Knight and stuck with Mewtwo until now.

I did, I have fond memories of using SubSeed Whimsicott in league and it cheesed out A LOT of games so I used the stupid "c:" face it has whenever it did something dumb. I drew this after I was done drawing something in skribbl.io if you know what that is.

Life's been boring as of late, not much is happening during summer but I'm gonna get my driver's license soon finally so that's cool.

and sure

Dogs, big time. Cats are still cool, but I really prefer dogs for a number of reasons that I won't get into because I don't want there to be any chance that I seem like I'm forcing my opinion down anyone's throat.

6. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Why Duo?

7. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    What is your favorite kind of pie?

8. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Comes from Duosion. I used to be a regular in a Pokémon Showdown room, and another guy said "the first Pokémon you get with /randpoke is your spirit Pokémon! It may have been a random number generator but I forgot. I got Duosion, made my name "Ask Duosion" to match a friend's, and Duo just kinda stuck.

Okay so at this local pie shop there's this really nice pie that has like coconut and chocolate and stuff, I can't remember off of the top of my head what else they use but those are the main two ingredients and it tastes SUPER good.

Captain Comet likes this.
  9. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    What's your favorite Pokémon, when playing competitive Pokémon?

10. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I mostly play OU so a lot of my answers are gonna be from there, but there's quite a few. I like Toxapex and Tangrowth because of how fun Regen is, I like the raw destructive power of Heatran and Kartana, and from draft leagues I've enjoyed using Whimsicott and Vileplume just because of how annoying they can seem to be. I also like using dumb stuff in OU like Silvally, Porygon2, and Arcanine from time to time, since none are really good but it's fun seeing them when they put in work.

11. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    What other bandwagons have you jumped into?

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Why does your username remind me way too much of Duolingo? Sorry if you wanted to keep this thread clean of that nasty owl.

13. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    uuhhhhhhhhh i mean i got an instagram recently but i don't use it often and never planned to, that was mostly just to keep in touch with high school friends

Duolingo memes were super big just before April 1st. Unrelated but there are so many companies that are using "Duo" nowadays...Sorry if you don't know many of these because they're based in America only, but Duolingo, LifeSaver Duo, Icebreaker Duos, Cheez-It Duos, GOOGLE DUO... I'm super flattered that even Google decided to name something after me.

14. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @Duo Hiya Duo! How are you doing? I've brought forth my finest batch of questions!

- Have you watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? If so, what do you think about it?
    - What's the latest TV show you're watching?
    - What's one cool thing about yourself that you think is interesting to share?

15. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    - I have not due to not really knowing where to watch cartoons that are off the air, but I've heard fantastic things about it. I watch the animation industry closely and I've heard a lot of peoples' opinions about cartoons, and Avatar is one of those shows that is universally agreed upon to be one of the best American cartoons ever made. I am going to go back to watch a bunch of shows that I missed, since my childhood was mostly Kids Next Door and Spongebob, and that's definitely on my list.

- I actually did stumble across a YouTube channel that had quite a few full Regular Show episodes around the time I saw the Steven Universe finale, so I'll bring up both of those. Regular Show is something that I liked when I was younger, but going back, I'm able to appreciate it significantly more due to things like its more laid back and genuine tone. Steven Universe's finale itself wasn't great for pretty complicated reasons, which sucks to see, because the show's kind of been declining for a while now.

- I volunteered for an animal shelter for three years. Mostly got to work with puppies because there were more of them and I'm not the best at handling the kittens they had, but I do have my fair share of stories involving me retreiving some escape artist kittens. I haven't really had a job up until this point because of it, although I plan to get one at a pet store when I evetually move out to college.

Vigilance likes this.
  16. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    If you could change anything about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what would it be?

Favorite generation of Pokémon?

Would you rather be able to fly or turn invisible?

17. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    - Tough question, since I'm already decently happy with the game as is. I don't know if it would count as only one change if I made a blanket statement like "make less characters have instant death combos" (like the big ones from Wario, Luigi, ROB etc), so if I can't say that, my answer would probably just be to make online better honestly. Honorable mention to "add either Subspace 2 or Smash Run to the game."

- Would this include sidegames or only main series ones? BW and BW2 are probably my two favorite main series games, so I'd say Gen 5 if it only included those. Without sidegames I'd be missing out on my favorite game ever (PMD Explorers) while still having HGSS/DPPt, so I'd say Gen 4 if we had sidegames as well.

- Being able to fly without a plane would be great. Sounds really fun in general, and depending on how fast I'd be able to go, being able to travel wherever I'd need would be great as well. I'd get to see my friends whenever I'd want, I'd be able to go to big gaming events without having to get plane tickets, and I wouldn't have to drive or pay gas money. Plus, imagine all of the clickbaiting you can do to people with "I can fly without any tools!"

Wizard likes this.
  18. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Favorite game mode from any Smash game?

Favorite social media outlet?

Headphones, earbuds, or speakers?

19. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    - Can I just be stupid and say "multiplayer versus?" Other than that, Smash Run for sure. I'd love Subspace if not for Brawl being way too slow of a game, and Smash Run takes all of the good aspects of Kirby Air Ride's City Trail and puts it into Smash. Very sad that it was limited to 3DS.

- Discord if that counts, but if not then Twitter. Discord has lead me to basically all of my favorite communities, and while I like how Twitter has a ton of my friends on it, the community aspect of it isn't that good in all honesty aside from me being able to see my friends there.

- I normally would just use my laptop speakers for most music, earbuds if I'm ever out in public though. My left speaker in my laptop blew out so I've been using my earbuds instead lately. Helps that my friend got me some really nice ones for my birthday.

Wizard likes this.
  20. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    What are three of your favorite attacks to use in Pokémon battles? What are three attack you hate having used against you?