1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Top 5 Ugliest Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Dawn, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,367.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Rather interesting to go through everyone's lists. Here are mine! (Note this is simply esthetics and not at all viability or fun factor as I have used most of these in runs and had a great time).

In no particular order:
    - Igglybuff: I am no a fan of baby Pokémon in general, they felt like a weirdly unatural addition to the games and didnt bring much to the table. Design wise, I dislike Igglybuff the most as the large eyes on that small of a body look strange to me. Jigglypuff does it better in every way.
    - Gothita: Similar to @Gazi above, the whole line is odd and goes for an esthetic that feels especially creepy for Pokémon (lolitas are a creepy concept in general, the fact that you can have one on the go and order it around etc is worse) Gothita over the other two because it just feels like a worse smoochum and that is saying something.
    - Kyurem-B and W: Their designs are just so messy and unappealing to me. I like complex designs most of the time but this feels a bit too forced to me. Very Frankenstein which I suppose makes sense but it makes it hard to distinguish via a silhouette and its not very "legible"
    - Garbodor: For me it's not the face really (I actually find Trubbish rather cute, especially after seeing the anime episode featuring it) its the gnarly arms and hands. The asymmetry of it all does not work for me. Pretty fun to use in combat though, made a great tank in my biker run of Ultra Sun.
    - Binacle: They just dont feel like Pokémon realistically if that makes sense? I cannot imagine one moving around at all or even interacting with things in a way that makes it appealing to me. I actually prefer the evolution because it looks like a proper monster. Though I wouldve opted out of the hand for a face motif it has going.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    5: None
    4: They're
    3: All
    2: Beautiful
    1:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Phantasm and FireSpartan5 like this.
  3. KnightBlader

Mina Ashido
    (Mudkip)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽399.0
    5. Muk: Not as rainbow-y as his alolan brotha, is just a puddle of slime and I never really grew fond of it
    4. Beautifly: uh how do you mess up this Butterfly when Vivillon and Butterfree look so good?
    3. Guzzlord: The only UB whose design I don't like, I don't know why. I call TCG bias.
    2. Alolan Persian: ...that head tho
    1. Dustox: Look at that stupid moth. I hate it, never been any good. At least Luvdisc Looks nice and Unowns is a fun meme.

4. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I'm not gonna include Pokémon that I think are meant to look ugly, like Feebas, Jynx, Garbodor or the Kyurems, because that kinda defeats the point. I seriously don't think those designs were accidents; Feebas is supposed to be a lesson that even the ugliest can become beautiful. I think Jynx is based on a yokai or something that says even someone with perfect hair and perfect clothes can look ugly, but I'm not certain. I'd expect a pile of trash to be gross, and I'd expect two Pokémon forcibly fused together to look unnatural. Also gonna avoid midstages because a lot of those look awkward.

Diggersby- An average Pokémon completely ruined by the fact that it has extra arms on its ears. If it had its ear arms removed its body would look way too disproportionate so they'd have to make its head bigger.

Magmortar- This would honestly be a favorite of mine if not for how bad it looks, I've found 3 shinies and they happened to be at the best possible times (one ended a big shiny drought, one happened seconds before new year and one was on stream). Its egg-shaped torso, its protruding forehead, and its duck beak just don't look natural at all.

Bruxish- Probably has the worst color scheme of any Pokémon, with its shiny form not being much better. Both of them have way too many bright colors that clash pretty badly. That's honestly the worst part of the Pokémon, had it not been for this it would at least look passable but still not spectacular.

Barbaracle- I personally find Barbaracle's design to be pretty interesting but I can't deny that probably it looks REALLY unappealing for anyone else...its head is a hand, it massive shoulder protrusions, and a very strange looking face.

Seismitoad- I like toads but this thing looks awful...huge weird bumps all over its body, bizarre proportions, and glowing red eyes that aren't meant to look intimidating so it just looks like it has some kind of issue...there's sooooo much wrong here.

Not ordered because they're bad for different reasons.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    At the moment there's really only one Pokémon I find outright ugly, well two if we count the full line. Trubbish and Garbodor, yes they're meant to be that but is the only Pokémon I currently think is ugly.....When it comes to none-shiny at least.

6. Phantasm

Phantasm School Kid

? HMM ?
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽31.3
    Okay so my opinion seems to differ a lot from others and I think it's because I have a spot in my heart for all of the ugly Pokémon. Ones that I find ugly (and not in a good way) are usually based off of designs, color schemes, or overall theme (not necessarily the actually charismatic part of the Pokémon).
    [​IMG]
    Stunfisk - The ugliest, cutest Pokémon. He's definitely one of my favorites when it comes to looks, but he is extremely ugly. I figured I would include one of my actual favorite ugly Pokémon just to be fair (and fill up a number because this was a lot harder than I thought it would be).

[​IMG]
    Minior - Did anyone else watch Dora the Explorer growing up? I SWEAR this Pokémon is just a rip off of the stars that would help Dora out on her adventures XD I really can't stand this Pokémon and I just...yeah... don't have much to say.

[​IMG]
    Regigigas - OH HOW I WISH I COULD LOVE YOU! I HATE the design so much D: I was such a huge fan of the Regis and when I saw that Regigigas was apart of them I was so upset. I can't pinpoint the exact reason as to why I hate the design; it could possibly just be so many small things that add up to one big, giant, fat NO!

[​IMG]
    Probopass - I feel like I don't really need to explain myself on this one... I'll let you all figure it out :P

[​IMG]
    Shiny Moltres (AKA plucked chicken on fire) - Ever since I started playing Pokémon I was so disappointed in Moltres' shiny form. I Just don't think the pink suits the sprite, and I feel as if it either looks like the skin has been plucked raw or Moltres just got a really bad sunburn :/

7. Palamon

Palamon Silence is Purple

Guren
    (Azelf)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽59.6
    Literally none. No Pokémon are ugly. All Pokémon are charming in all their own ways, and I hate how people can call something "ugly" just because of a subjective thing of appearance.

So, none. None at all.

DemonicKraken likes this.