1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Verbal Filter.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eclipse, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Offline, I will say here that I have never ever said any foul language out loud. It's just something that's not necessary. With over half a million words in the English dictionary, aren't there better words you could be using instead of a select twenty or so?

Online, however, I will swear quite often in my typings. I'm pretty sure everyone on the Discord knows about that, ehehe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Working in customer service and maintaining a good online reputation has made my filter go way way up in the past few years. I rarely swear unless I'm incredibly frustrated (or if I stub my toe XD) though if I am I usually grit my teeth behind the smile until I get home where I just groan into a pillow for an hour or so XD

When it comes to touchy subjects I don't usually hop in on the conversation unless I really know the people. I have my opinions but don't really voice them because in today's world people scrutinize that stuff under an electron microscope.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Online, I swear a fair bit if it's allowed. But offline, it really depends on who I'm talking to. If it's with someone I've known for a while, I'm more lax on my filter, but around new people (and especially at my job) my vocab is just pure and clean.

4. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Around my house, with my younger siblings around, I choose my words very carefully. I let my shields down slightly when they're asleep and my parents are in the room, but I will admit that with my friends at school I swear often, but not as bad as my friends since I'm used to being around my siblings or my parents.

5. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I don't really use one that much. Unless it's around my sister.
    But besides that, any conversation is good conversation by me.

I used to filter. But nowadays, that doesn't win you many kudos in the friends or relationships department.
    I do filter in terms of what I wear a lot. But that's something else.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I've found that the opposite tends to be the case - either the filter limits the kind of people you can be friends with, or generally people don't care about the language you tend to use. In my experience, the latter tends to be the most common.

I've never known or heard of anybody who would require another person to swear in order to be considered.