1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What has been your hardest catch?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Eclipse, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So I'm honestly surprised nobody has made this thread yet.

Might as well.

In your experiences with the Catcher app so far, what has been the hardest (or otherwise most frustrating) thing for you to have captured?

I don't use the application all that much, as I just keep the pop-ups passively open, though of the things that I chose to actually capture, the "Aerodactyl" was definitely the hardest. I ran into a few rare things, but they were caught in about 2 Balls - usually even just 1.

What about the rest of you? Have you had any rather harrowing experiences? (I'm talking about the capture here, not necessarily the hunt - but if you want to bring up the hunt as well, if it feeds into a tricky capture, go right on ahead.)

2. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Well, I didn't actually catch the Psyduck the first time, since it ran me out of about 10 Pokeballs. The second time, I alternated Pokeballs and Great Balls until it was captured.
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I tried catching a Rhyhorn, but I didn't have a lot of Pokeballs on hand, so it got away from me... :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Jynx. Ran out of Pokeballs, so it got away...

5. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    U wouldn't believe it but goldeen was the worst for me!
    5 pokeballs!
    The last one caught it thank god!

6. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Pikachu was my hardest. It was like 6 balls to catch....

7. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    My most difficult catch was Chansey. She took over 20 pokeballs and of those some were great balls too!

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Took me a lot of balls of all types to catch my Alolan Raichu

9. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Really now? I managed to capture Chansey with a single Ultra Ball, no other tries required. Perhaps I'm just lucky?
    Not a lot that I've gone after - even some of the harder-to-find ones - have given me much trouble at all. That's definitely odd, I know, because I would think the opposite.

10. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I ended up catching it in a regular Pokéball after all those tries but luck work in strange ways. Dratini apparently is really hard to catch but it only took me two regular Pokeballs to catch... It definitely balances out though.

11. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My Eevee. Somehow it took all my Great Balls (two of them) but only one Pokéball?

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Surprising, Tangela. It took 2 ultra balls and ten normal ones.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Back when the feature was just released, I spent a good 40 ultras on Pidgey (O∆O) But that was a bug so it doesn't count lol.

Anyways, Magmar probably. Spent maybe 6 or so ultras (or was it greats?) before it finally decided to be caught. And boy was it exciting! I always assumed it was pretty rare.

14. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    My hardest one have probably been Scyther, I remember that one eating plenty of balls before I finally caught it.

15. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    All my Eevees have been really hard lol

16. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Haunter took 37 from me

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I tried to catch an Electabuzz and ended up losing all 12 of my pokeballs. Though part of that may have been due to the fact that I didn't wait in between throwing them to see if it had worked.

18. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Ryhorn took like 8 Pokeballs from me smh

19. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,671.9
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Probably Absol (ate all pokeballs at first encounter), Latias (left only two when caught) or Azelf (caught with last Pokéball). I don’t really remember them tbh, I just searched if I said something about hard catches in this forum.

20. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Registeel was the hardest for me to catch. The first two times I ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it.
    Finally got it on the third time, though I can't remember exactly how many pokeballs it ate up.