1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is a song that you thought you'd dislike when you first heard it until you listened to it more

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LassusVulpes, Feb 29, 2020.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Man that's a long title. Ah well.

The song for me is Soda city funk the intro didn't sound good to me and I thought 'd dislike it. Than It autoplayed when I was in league and the drop happened while I was focusing. I stopped moving and checked the song "Well shit" *Added to playlist*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    A lot of punk EDM stuff??? Sort of.
    There's a band called Justice I'd heard of one day, and I listened to one song - Waters of Nazareth. Bass warning, by the way. It kind of hurt and I found it too weird for my tastes, but I got used to it and I quite enjoy Justice's music. D.A.N.C.E. contained the Jackson Brothers' voices (I think, as the song is a homage to them) from when they were younger, if I remember, so it took me a while to get used to the "children singing" - it's one of my least favourite noises. But we're talking Jackson Brothers here, so it's not that bad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LassusVulpes likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I can't think of any specific song, but there are a few genres that I thought I disliked until I actually listened to some excellent examples within those genres. Turns out, I like rap, so long as it's done well (it can't just be speaking some stupid rhymes to a beat) and I really like metal. I just didn't realize I liked metal because I thought that the actual metal songs I was listening to was just rock, and that what i thought was metal songs was actually screamo or something.

LassusVulpes likes this.
  4. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Believer. Also Senorita.

5. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I never really liked Red Hot Chili Peppers. Now my friends made me listen to them and all of a sudden I've got two albums in the last three months

6. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    Ludens by Bring Me The Horizon. At first I thought I’d dislike it but after a few listens I loved it.

7. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I guess as i can think now, the intro of KH 3. I love it now, but had to get used to it as it is so different

8. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Thunder and Yellow Submarine; the latter brought me into the beautiful realm of the Beatles~

9. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Also this song, really surprised that I started liking it

Even so I still wasn't fan of the series, I only loved team skull in it and Guzma of course

10. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I used to not like video game OST remixes because I only wanted to listen to the original song. I listen to a lot of remixes (as well as OSTs) and I like remixes now.