1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What is your favorite part in writing/reading a story?

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Sonic Ramon, Oct 16, 2017.

?

Pokemon Heavyweight Championship goes to...

1. Celesteela

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Snorlax

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Hippopotas

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Larvitar

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Cosmoem

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    I haven't made a new thread in awhile due to being in Busyland. But here's one for you guys before I head back to the land: As the title stated, what do you like in a story that makes it so enjoyable to you while reading/writing it? Personally, I'll say the character developments and decent plot. Characters developing throughout the story can really have not only the audience care about them but so does the creators themselves if done so well. Slap that amazing or decent plot to the side and you just gotten yourself a good story, sir and madam. Sure, the plot doesn't have to be all serious and gloomy to be good but character development done right is the key to making any plot good as long as the plot itself isn't dumb. I never encounter a situation where the plot to a story is dumb but everyone forms an amazing character development here and there. That is just close to nonexistent, imo. Like, I'll be surprised if that actually exists. Let me know in the comments below if it does. Lol.

Anyway, let me know what you guys' think. n_n

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    You obviously have never watched cory in the house.
    Top tier charchter development yet the plot is so simple the main charcter goes into the house in episode 2. Highly recommend.

Jokes aside, My favorite part is either plot twists or plot development, every story is okay in its own right but something about recalling past events(Especially in a "Big bad reveal") is intresting to ne. Its as if youre seeing the story from the writers side and they are pointing out the things you missed/didnt think of in that prespective.

As for writing I enjoy finishing it, and seeing what effect it had on people. Like oh wow my story triggered you? Tell me moar!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sonic Ramon and Knightmare like this.
  3. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    My favorite part of writing stories is when I know what I want to write. When I already know what I want, I just happily hammer away on my keyboard and let my fingers dictate how much work I get done. That's the most fun for writing for me.

For reading, I like complex, good plots. Ones that make me think in depths afterwards. I also like good action and characters but if the plot isn't semi decent, its not worth continuing to watch unless a character really steels the show.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like the kind of stories that never forget plot points. A complex story is fine, just as long as it doesn't have a lot of throw-away plot points and characters. For example: they say killing off a character helps with story development and such, just as long as said-character is killed off or fake-killed in a meaningful way that effects the other main characters for the rest of the story. Otherwise the audience won't buy it, especially if a character was fake-killed and comes back and the main characters just forget that ever happened. That's not natural.

I'm always trying to come up with good plot points in my stories, no matter how minor they may be at first. So when I come back to those plot points I think to myself, "Hey, remember that one of the main cast wanted to be more courageous and help people? Let's explore more of that here by having them decide to help someone in danger only to almost kill themselves in the process~" And then I get a devious grin on my face every time they suffer. I'm surprisingly evil with my characters sometimes. X'D

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  5. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    The most important thing for me is a good cast, as terrible as it sounds I can forget a bad story -with limits xD- if the character is good enough to keep me interested, I have read or watched things this way.
    Why would I enjoy the plot if I hate the characters and I couldn't care less what happens to them?
    And hand to hand with this as other stated above -if the story allows it- is well-made character development. It's not uncommon to read a good climax in which the character realizes his wrongdoings and changes, making it a tearful or exciting event.. to make the same mistake later on, that totally sours it for me. And no I am not saying the character has to become a Mary/Gary after said events, but if it's not done properly that renders the past development useless. And nobody wants that.

As for the most enjoyable parts for me to write.. the ending. Be it a sweet or sad one, the conclusion to the whole piece gives me a pleasant feeling of accomplishment. I can look back and think I did a good job in it (even if that's never the case).

6. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Omg. We sorta think a like when it comes to this. xD

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  7. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Ah yes. How could I be so foolish to not know? xD

8. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    One thing I like about writing, above all other reasons, is the opportunity to (at least for my current main series) write an epic saga of grand proportions - one that people can like and enjoy and so on and so forth.

Sonic Ramon likes this.
  9. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I like when there are aspects to a story that the reader can figure out for themselves, so long as it's not so obvious that it doesn't make sense why the characters haven't been able to figure it out yet. A good villain is always nice too.

10. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    As stated before, plot twists tend to send a shiver down my spine. I love reading them so much.

11. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    For reading, I like PLOT TWISTS and really long stories.

For writing, I like finishing the chapter.

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I really love looking for good character development when I read stories. Having a wise-cracking teen can be funny at first, but if that's their only defining trait, it gets stale pretty quick... I like to see how characters evolve as the story progresses! :)