1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

What was your first impression of the Sun and Moon game?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Laserdragon14, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I had the impression that the new games were the easiest Pokémon games ever made, and therefore I started out doing a nuzlocke in Pokémon Sun and Moon. It was a breeze, except for a couple of parts, but I was still able to win it on my first attempt easily. Did anyone else have this type of experience?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I honestly had no idea what to expect. I was hoping it would be a step up from XY- and that it was- but some parts were really boring. It was very different though, and I enjoyed the new formula it brought. I, too, had the impression that it was going to be relatively easy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I wasn't really interested at first due to no new Megas and removal of gyms. However, playing through, it is quite possibly one of the best Pokémon games in terms of storyline.

4. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    I was intrigued as to how a Gym-less Pokémon game would work. While it still has its flaws, it was still very enjoyable.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My first impression was that it was going to be better than X&Y, and it was (but really, that wasn't exactly hard to beat :P). I also thought it was going to be easy, and to be fair compared to other Pokémon games it was, but it still had its challenges (totem Wishiwashi, the final Lusamine fight, for me anyway).

6. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I just thought it was kind of slow. It felt like it took too long to level at times and I generally don't like to use the exp share. It felt a little too linear in terms of exploration too. I liked being able to just sort of go off road in the previous games and stumble onto something hidden way out of the way.

7. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    At first, I thought they were going back to Japan for a regional basis since there are Japanese legends of the sun and moon being forbidden lovers, hence why they're never seen in the sky at the same time. Japan's four main regions were already covered in the first four generations as well.

When I found out they were based in Hawaii...one of my favorite places in the world...I knew this one was going to be my new favorite. It's really noteworthy for me on how they raised the bar concerning the culture of the regions. They touched on it briefly in Unova and Kalos, but nothing to Alola's degree. Definitely opened up another awesome view of the Pokémon world, even though Alola seems to be one of its most isolated spots.

And it was. Pair that with awesome new design and the best story in the series...yeah, you all know why I love Alola. :D

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    My first thoughts were something like "this is gonna be the best region ever!" but after playing the games it's not really the best?? I'd probably put it right above Kalos in my least favorite regions.

There's just nothing to do?? The story was cool and all but you shouldn't have to have a good story and sacrifice good gameplay for it. The whole game felt really slow... and aside from maybe one or two battles, I breezed right through the game no problem.

Don't get me wrong I like how they tried to change the formula a bit but it just doesn't work for me.

9. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    "It looks beautifull and I'm really hyped to see the new stuff like trials"
    Basically that xD I still think the game looks really good but it's sure could have been better, I definitely don't want to see follow the flag return.

10. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I hated how long the cutscenes took. The first time I beat the Champion, my battery was about to die, and since I was at school, my charger wasn't with me. So, while the long cutscenes about celebrations were happening, I was hoping it didn't die. I ended up punching someone (softly, as a joke) because my ds died before I could save my game. Afterwards, since I saved right before the champion, for some reason, I kept losing. It took a while, but I finally did it. Then my ds died again, right after I saved.

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The cutscenes were a drag, game was gorgeous and all but the cutscenes and hours long tutorial really hurt it and that skip capture tutorial button was still missing.

Rezna and Laserdragon14 like this.