1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

When & how do you usually buy new Pokémon games?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Primarily the core games from the main series, since those are games most people tend to get sooner than later.

Do you tend to buy new Pokémon games on release day? Soon after? Maybe just whenever you have the funds or want to buy them? How do you usually purchase them (in person, online, digitally, etc)?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,020.9
    I try to get them Day 1 or shortly after Day 1 if I can. I prefer to buy a physical copy if I can--while I love the convenience of downloads, there's something magical about a cartridge, disc, or game card in your hands.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    I would like to get the games on release day, but I only have once (that being ORAS). I'm normally a fan of buying physical copies of games unless I can get them for a good discount digitally. I plan on getting future titles on release date, for sure.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I wish I could get them on release date... I usually get them much later after they come out. I got Sun from the eshop and it took up almost all the space on my 2DS so I can’t download games on my 2DS anymore. (Which is good, because I prefer the cartridges.)

5. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I always try to get them on the release date.
    I always buy my games retail (if a retail version exists), because it feels really satisfying to put a new game package on my shelf.

6. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I tend to preorder games about a month in advance via whichever online retailer sells them cheapest. Getting to a store after work wouldn't be difficult, but generally I just want to get home so it'd be a pain to make the detour, and it's my policy to never pay full RRP for a video game if I can help it...and I usually can help it, because online prices are quite a bit cheaper. Pokémon is no different these days, so I'm willing to take the chance that I may have to wait until Saturday (or Monday, in the worst-case scenario) to play it. Half the time when I get the games on release day I don't play them that day anyway because I'm in the middle of something else. xD

I never buy digital when I can buy physical, not unless there is a *significant* price discrepancy...which there never is for Pokémon titles, because Nintendo think they can get away with charging full RRP for a digital copy. Let's Go Pikachu cost me £42 physical, and it's £50 digitally. Yeaaaaaah.

7. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Ever since Black 2 and White 2, it has been day one. I get so excited for the games that I get them right away.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I get the games on release day, the only exception being Let's Go and I think I didn't get Gen 1 on the release either. All other games I got on release day or the day before if the game store handed them out early to people the pre-ordered. I did buy the Japanese games for BW/BW2 because I didn't wanted to wait but I still got the English versions on release.

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I've kinda been just getting the games the day they come out but mostly via digital download so I don't have to wait at all and with no hassle except for making sure I have enough storage space and stable internet for the download.