1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Worst video game endings

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by VictoryStar34, Nov 1, 2017.

1. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    For me, it's probably that one game.

Which I can't remember all of a sudden.

WHY BRAIN WHY

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Mass Effect 3.

/topic :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    At least in ME3 you get to destroy the Reapers with your choice of coloured beam. ;)

For me, probably The Last of Us. The fact that Joel destroys humanity's last chance for a cure just so he can keep Ellie alive was understandable, but it just maies me hate Joel, the ONE CHARACTER YOU SEE FROM THE VERY START OF THE GAME!

4. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Thing is, with two of those beams you don't even destroy the Reapers, and with one you destroy ALL AIs, including one of your own team members, two if you count the Legion-replacement... and as the choice setup implies, whichever one you choose implies that the person represented has the correct perspective, possibly rendering the events of ME1 entirely moot.

5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    That is true... sorry about the mistake in facts, it's been a while since I played ME3.

6. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Sm4sh's story mode ending.

Oh wait.

Hikari and FireSpartan5 like this.
  7. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    The first two of the three possible endings from GTA 5. Third was pretty good though lol

8. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot - L.A. Noire is said to have a surprisingly weak ending, given the number of plot points they had running... I really hope that Rockstar let a small team fix it up for the Switch release.

9. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Xenoblade Chronicles X's was pretty dire, although it didn't have much of a story to begin with. But to end on that kind of cliffhanger...no. It was Golden Sun: Dark Dawn all over again. Spend years waiting for the sequel, be profoundly disappointed by it, and have no real conclusion so you can't even close the book on it. Maddening.

Tales of Zestiria had an awful ending, but then, Tales of Zestiria was an awful game, so for it to have a satisfying conclusion - even after postgame DLC! - was too much to hope for I suppose.

Several years later I'm still trying to figure out what on earth happened in Lightning Returns. After the end of XIII-2 I actually had hopes that the trilogy, which started so badly, would finish on a real high note...but it went back to its roots and is one of the worst endings I can think of for how pointless and utterly nonsensical it is.

Also, Tales of Xillia 2's True Ending. This one I want to rant about.
    The game spends the entirety of itself pushing the view that parallel worlds do not matter onto you - which is good, considering you spend half the game murdering alternate versions of major characters - and then has Ludger, the protagonist, sacrifice himself for Elle, who is from a parallel world, and therefore doesn't matter? When you take into account the game's Good Ending - where Ludger finds the woman he'll marry and who will give birth to HIS Elle - it makes even less sense for these two endings to be this way around. Even the Bad Ending was better than the True Ending.

Despite what people say about it, I don't think Mass Effect 3's ending was THAT bad. It just didn't take your choices into account enough. But in and of itself it was a fair conclusion. If you want a bad ending in a Bioware title...play either Dragon Age II or Dragon Age Inquisition. Those make ME3 look like the pinnacle of storytelling.

10. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    No Man's Sky.

In the long list of disappointments that game was, the story ending is at the top of the list of trash.

You followed the Atlas path to the end. You spent many a resource getting there. And what do you get? The game basically just says "You did it!". That's it. The dialogue says that you use the Atlas station to "create a new star" somewhere in the galaxy, but it doesn't actually do that, it just says it to make it feel like you did something.

As well as that, one of the primary goals of the game is to reach the centre of the galaxy. Because it's there, I guess. Wanna know what happens when you get there?

You get warped to a random planet on the edge of the galaxy, with literally all of your things broken, requiring as much to repair as it takes to craft in the first place. In short, it resets you to zero, as if you just started a new game.

11. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I would say the Super Mario Series. ( 2D games.) It has always the same end.

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'd say that Sonic Forces had a bad ending, but that really isn't fair to say - the truth is that the plot itself was incomplete (either being rushed or being lazy).

Perhaps a better case of this would be Ace Attorney 5 (Dual Destinies for those of you that go by subtitles). The rest of the game is generally passable before then, but the ending and buildup thereto sounds, for lack of a better word, rather contrived. The Ace Attorney games always tend to end with rather surprising plot twists of some kind, but AA5's felt like the plot twist was added simply for the sake of having a plot twist.

There's also Shadow dying at the end of Sonic Adventure, but we don't talk about that one.