1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your own gym

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Now, I'm not talking about secret bases and all their limitations. What I want to know is, if Game Freak came to you and asked you to design a gym for an upcoming main series title (or Colloseum/XD-type spinoff), what would your theme be, how would you design it, and what would your team look like?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DeleteAbsol

DeleteAbsol Absol-utely Bad

Pichu
    (Pichu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽20.9
    Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My theme would have to be... darkness. It would have to be in a cave or an extremely dark building, much like Brawly's gym except that you would have no real way to light it up and would just have to keep walking through hoping that you find the right path that leads to me (I would also have a path leading to me right by the entrance but put it in a really odd area that not many people would find.) Once you beat me the lights would turn on. My team would likely be Dark type Pokémon like Absol, however if I wasnt restricted to just the type I might also have the zubat evolution line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    My theme would be all about time.

Players would defeat the first trainers but be confused as there is no way to move onm other than going back in time.
    You would flip levers to alternate between 2 timelines where trainers would be in the same position before they walked up to battle you, but you wont.
    Also once they reach me(in the past timeline currently) they would speak to a ralts, and when they do time starts shifting and going back to the present while trainers go back to thier postions, and I am seen through passing time, to be walking to the spot of the challanger, then by whatever game the player chooses, my ralts would evolve in a Gardevoir/Galade. As I would main psychic type.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I've actually thought of this a lot!

I have two main ideas.

If I was to do a dark/ghost type gym I'd like to have a gritty alley look but indoors. If you've ever looked at images of Kawasaki Warehouse I'm thinking of that kinda theme. Maybe having to climb fire escapes upwards for a 'roof top' battle. Or hey, actually have them come out the roof of the building for a battle (having it decorated fittingly of course. Again, some inspiration from Kowloon Walled City)

If I were to have a fairy or normal gym my idea was that when you step inside you're confronted with a huge carousel with various quadruped Pokémon instead of horses. The trainer would need to select rides with the right Pokémon in order to navigate to the next section (or be stopped at a trainer for a battle instead)
    The rest of the gym can have a carnival theme with maybe some cotton candy stalls and stuff.

As for my teams I honestly haven't thought as much about that getting too wrapped up in the ideas behind the architecture ideas. ^^;

5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    It would be one of two extremes, halloween themed or a really cute pastel themed gym. If it was halloween it would be like a scary corn maze or something. I absolutely love ghost type Pokémon sooo...but i can't choose who would exactly be on my team.

6. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Mine would be very ocean themed, with current puzzles. And water puns, of course. And it'd, of course, be a water gym, and have these Pokémon:

• Poliwhirl
    • Omastar
    • Clawitzer
    • The last one could vary from the version. Quagsire in one, Tentacruel in the other.

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Maybe a grass type gym themed around the seasons? Like in the spring room, you would have to grow a plant to create a path upward. In the summer you'd have to navigate near blindly though tall grass and overgrown vegetation. In the fall room you would have to clear a path through decaying vegetation. In the winter room you would have to navigate your way through a hail storm by using evergreens as cover.

Of course Sawsbuck would be on my team, probably also Snover and Exeggcutor (winter and summer). Then maybe Sunkern for spring and Pumpkaboo for fall.

DeleteAbsol likes this.
  8. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I guess mine would kind of be like an underground fight club - maybe respectable gangsters who are always rowdy to join a fight (but never start one) but will also walk little old ladies across the street. While it's not really to my personality, if I were a gym leader it wouldn't be by choice (I do like Dark types but I prefer a mix, but since Umbreon is my main Pokémon, and I do like a lot of dark types that would be the gym type I run) so I would probably have a rag tag team of dark type pseudo trouble makers seeing me as their teacher.

9. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Mine would be a very Japanese, Sakura/Cherry Blossom themed gym.
    With grass Pokémon as my team and some bug types.

I would possess boardwalks and even a lake of some sort, among the flowers. :)
    Think of it, like a romantic spot for a date, but a gym.

Furie likes this.
  10. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽799.0
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'd probably be a Grass or Water type gym! If it was Grass, I'd have a bamboo garden with a maze; there would be secret shortcuts through the bamboo as well, but if you peeked in the wrong spot, there'd be a like a ninja boy or something inside!

If it was Water, I'd really want to have something fun, like a water park! I was thinking either a water slide system, or you'd have to drive a bumper boat and avoid (or bump) opponent trainers to get to the Gym Leader! (You and the opponents could also spray water at each other to push each other off course!)

Teddybear2345 likes this.
  11. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    "Think of it, like a romantic spot for a date, but a gym."

two lovers are sitting next to each other by the lake while two trainers are loudly battling in the background
    probably the worst romantic spot ever .v.

sorry couldnt resist pointing out the small humor i found in that, the gym idea is cool. .v.

12. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    "Think of it, like a romantic spot for a date, but a gym."

two lovers are sitting next to each other by the lake while two trainers are loudly battling in the background
    probably the worst romantic spot ever .v.

sorry couldnt resist pointing out the small humor i found in that, the gym idea is cool. .v.

13. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Imagine a musty old library, books blocking some paths, stacks of novels to the ceiling, appearing to hold up the roof beams in places. You take out a book to flip through...
    Turn left

It'd be a puzzle, where you have to find the right books and right paths through the maze! Also, just imagine all the easter egg ideas!
    #MissingNo

14. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Oh, I've actually designed a gym for one of my OCs!

My gym would be based on training and the connection between trainer and Pokémon. It would have stations for every type, like a swimming pool for water and a gym for fighting. You would work alongside your Pokémon, and train it for at least an hour before you would be able to enter my gym. From there, you'd have to navigate an obstacle course, fighting on various terrains until you finally reach the stadium. I'd totally be a fire-type gym leader, and my team would be Blaziken, Growlithe, Ponyta, Infernape, Ninetails, and Flareon.

15. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    If I were a Gym Leader, I'd definitely be a Fairy-type Gym Leader. My Gym's puzzle would involve beating all the NPC trainers to learn the parts of a story. Once they've all been defeated, the story would be told to me, and if it was told in the right order, then I would accept battle.

As for my team, I don't know what Pokémon I'd have (other than that they'd be Fairy-types), but my main Pokémon would either be Togetic or Alolan Ninetales! I can also see Pokémon like Sylveon, Whimsicott, Floette, Mawile, Kirlia, Comfey, and Clefairy on my team.

Furie likes this.
  16. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    It might be really popular! There are a ton of battling couples in Pokémon. I bet that gym would be super popular with couples and most of the battles there would be 2v2.

17. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Hmm... Definitely something to do with dragons... like a castle theme with flaming braziers and cool dragon banners for decor. The player would have to solve a riddle or fight a trainer in order to light all the braziers to open doors and fight the leader at the highest point in the castle. Of course, I would have an almost-full team of dragons. Some of them would likely be unevolved for the sake of fairness, but my main would be an Altaria (which could mega evolve in the rematch).

18. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Well my type would be Ghost, for sure. But my gym would be themed after emotions and one's spirit. The Gym Trainers would all be Painters. I would about the sixth or seventh gym to be face, maybe eighth.

The gym would be located on a cliff side overlooking the sea, and the back will be facing west for reasons I will explain later.

The gym itself would at first appear to be made of a single, walled off pathway going down the middle, leading to a rectangular room with a switch in the center. This room would be colored a light gray, representing calmness and no strong emotional feelings in particular. Once the player activates the switch, a door will open on the right side of the room, leading to a smaller room with a trainer in it. This room is colored yellow to represent happiness and joy, and after the trainer is defeated, they will activate a switch behind them (that the player is unable to reach themselves), and send the player back to the main room again. Once there, a door on the opposite side will open. This room will be colored a deep blue to represent sadness and loneliness. The trainer once again activates a switch when defeated and sends the player to the next room. Here, a door on left side of the northern wall (opposite the entrance) will open. This room will be colored red and represent anger and vengeance. Again, the trainer will activate a switch upon defeat and send the player back out. The next door will open on the left side of the northern wall. This room is colored pink and represents love and affection. The trainer activates their switch and sends the player back out to the main room. This time, however, another door does not open, and instead the player must activate the switch in the center again, which will open a larger door in between the Anger and Love rooms. This door instead leads to a hallway that softly pulses between the four colors of the previous rooms. The hallway leads to a large room with the back a large, semi-spherical dome that is completely clear, thus allowing a full view of the sea and distant horizon. I wanted this to face west so that one (me, specifically) can see the sunset in all its colorful beauty. The sunset is a metaphor; all the different colors within a sunset represent the different emotions inside someone's spirit, and the way the meld together so beautifully represents how one's spirit should be in complete harmony with itself, and the small amount of time that sunset actually lasts represents how little people are actually able to achieve this state of tranquility. I would say something explaining this metaphor before my battle (though it would be much faster and simpler, probably).

Now on to my team.

For Gym Battles:

Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Hex, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Incinerate

Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Payback

Ability: Iron Fist
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Gravity, Brick Break

For Rematches/Non-Gym Battles:

Ability: Flash Fire
    Moves: Hex, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Incinerate
    Item: Ghost Gem

Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Curse, Thunder Punch, Brick Break
    Item: Leftovers

Ability: Iron Fist
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Phantom Force, Earthquake, Dynamic Punch
    Item: Zoom Lens

Ability: Steelworker
    Moves: Phantom Force, Power Whip, Anchor Shot, Heavy Slam
    Item: Assault Vest

Ability: Cursed Body
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Hex, Venoshock, Toxic
    Item: Gengarite

Ability: Flare Boost
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Tailwind, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam
    Item: Flame Orb

#18 Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  19. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    a season changing forest and all of my Pokémon will be deer

20. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Hm... I think my gym would be something like chutes and ladders, my favorite board game growing up. So trainers would have to climb ladders of varying heights, and take a slide to the appropriate ladder. Eventually, they'll reach me, but it'd take a lot of trial and error. I think the gym would consist of either psychic, fairy, or dragon types!