1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mag tries to build a portfolio

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by guest, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I need to put together a portfolio and minute long show reel for when I get back to college, which will be on the 14th September I think?? It's a good chance to upload some of my stuff here too sooooo that's what I'm gonna dooooo. Any suggestions or constructive criticism is appreciated, so leave them in a reply if you have any =v=
    Some of the images are pretty big :0 Beware, kiddies!!!

Most of it will end up being sketches tbh I hope my tutors don't mind too much LOL

!!!hhhhHHhhHhErE wE gO!!!

Sketches/Wips

The first sketch I did of two of my current favourite OCs, Bai [the fox] and Fionn [not the fox]. They're me sweet nerd children and I love them : )
    [​IMG]

Sketch for the first attempt at a drawing themed around Butterflies. I liked it a bunch but ended up scrapping it cause the position of the vamp dude's arm makes it look like not vamp dude's neck is wayyyy too long and I hated it : D
    [​IMG]

Attempt two at the butterfly theme drawing also flopped oh dear
    /AGGRESSIVELY EATS THE FLOWERS
    [​IMG]

WIP of one of the things I'm working on atm. They're child human versions of @[member="Noctis"]' cat children because I cannot do the drawing of not people!!!
    anime is hard man the struggle is real
    [​IMG]

WIP of the other thing I'm working on. Idk why it looks inappropriate buT IT IS ENTIRELY INNOCENT
    It was meant to be the first picture for a 100 themes challenge, following the theme 'laziness' but it kind of went elsewhere lol
    [​IMG]

ANOTHER SKETCH OF ME BABIES!!! I changed Fionn's outfit cause it looked stupid before tbh >V>;;
    The creeper be Grane he is also a nerd : ))))
    [​IMG]

Full drawings of me sweeties, with the names as proof for I am no liar
    I was gonna throw Nero on the end [You'll see him in the gifs bit ye] but you know how it is when you're really really lazy
    I'd explain them but I don't wanna gush you all to death lmao
    [​IMG]

WIP for another picture of the Paras gijinka :0 Red gave him the name Augustus Clandestine, intenseeee
    He was meant to be a kid tbh but i'm failing as usual lolll
    [​IMG]

There be blood, bewareeee
    I thought up a pretty cool idea during limbo sleep that involved people, mostly children and teenagers, being 'napped and taken to this Cathedral looking area?? They were put on a platform and chained so that, during the following ritual, a spirit could inhabit their bodies.
    One kid was chained up and the observers [tall blond men, probably inspired by Visigoths] seemed to be excited by what was happening but then the two statues at the sides of the platform rose up and speared the kid through his shoulders??
    Some intense of demon apparently
    It wasn't specified which demon it was so I picked Berith while I was drawing this guy, since he's pretty intense. I'll keep the wall short and cut the rest of the deets out lmao
    [​IMG]

Several images here! Magikarp gijinkas and a Gyarados gijinka that I threw together for a certain idea I had, haha
    They cute I love em pls love them with me friends
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not gonna finish this ever but I might as well throw it in here lmao
    [​IMG]

Several images under here also! Sketches of two new OCs, Bazyl [Purple kid with the potty mouth] and Collins [Green guy who looks lost all the time]. They're demons sent up by the big boss to taint humans but it didn't go well. Bazyl was meant to invoke wrath in the poorer populous but was so disgusted that he doesn't go near them at all and Collins does nothing all day. He was meant to invoke lust but became Bazyl's personal servant and lounges about when he's let off.
    They're like Jessie and James but demons I guess lol
    The lion/dragon is Bazyl's true form and the Owl/Sheep looking thing is Collins'. Collins' looks dumb tho I might change it later
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I spent too long playing Samurai Warriors and needed to update my instagram account I guess???
    [​IMG]

Finished art

Idk what this is tbh I drew it between intense Bejeweled sessions but it's one of the few things I actually finished soooo that's why it's here lol
    [​IMG]

Faust!! Me Swampert Gijinka for a Harvest Moon/Pokémon Crossover I'm making little to no progress with!! He needs to be redesigned tbh but who knows when that'll happen ha h a
    [​IMG]

I tried a different process from usual and I liked it a bunch and rolled with it. NO LINEART IS REQUIRED PRAISE THE HEAVENS
    Still unsure about how to go about colouring some things though lmao /indicates weird suggestive WIP above
    [​IMG]

Ah yes, the butterfly picture. Third time's the charm lol
    I finally truly learned that lepidoptera are hellish to draw properly and will refrain from doing so for as long as I remember haha awful memory is awful
    [​IMG]

I was trying a different style here since I didn't know what I wanted to go with for the Badger!Badger project. I didn't really fancy this one though, it doesn't really fit with the kind of mood I want to go for
    Garen in his nerd pose ha a a a a h nerd
    [​IMG]

MY TINIEST TINY CHILD BAI <3 i don't draw him enough ahhh
    His backstory makes me sad though why did I do this to myself </3
    [​IMG]

Prince Paras gijinkaaaa o7 I wanted to draw something other than B!B! stuff so I asked for a Pokémon recommendation and me boi @[member="★OfficialRedG★"] went with tiny bug thing OFC
    He was pretty fun to design hueh
    [​IMG]

Second prince gijinkas, this time of Zoroark for uh... @[member="Zoroark"]?? It is Pari. His name is Araxas Ilucio, given by his new mother ofc, and he's a sneaky sneak who steals ur stuff beware.
    There'll be more coming up eventually but I wanna go back over the first two and make better art for them at some point ahhh
    [​IMG]

Poor attempts at animation lo l

!!!FLASHING IMAGES THO!!!
    Hey look it's Nero, that one OC from the group I was too lazy to draw lol
    Quick sketchy gif cause I actually have to animate things but I hate animating so buRY ME PLEASE
    He's a bit scary tbh
    Just a bit
    [​IMG]

Another super basic animation lmao, never gonna end up getting a minute long thing done ; 7 ;
    I was gonna make a set for the project post but I am muchly lazy >V>;;
    [​IMG]

That's all so far >V>
    I'll try and update somewhat regularly but I'm lazy and also slow;;;;; Thank you for looking at my stuff!

Pari, Shada, Almandine-G and 3 others like this.
  2. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Gosh I love your art so much.

THAT PICTURE OF MAX AND BARBIE THOUGH.
    I am dying that is most definitely the cutest thing ever!!!

Keep me updated, I already stalk your IG artwork. :-)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest likes this.
  3. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    This is actually my first time seeing your art and I honestly love all of your work to pieces. The colors and creativity is really great in the finished ones. Definitely going to stick around in this thread. (:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    guest likes this.
  4. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Thank you for the compliments @[member="Noctis"] & @[member="Aurelia"] ahhhh ;/7//;

I updated with some of the stuff I've been doing! +1 to Sketches/Wips, +3 to Finished art, and +1 to shoddy animations lma o
    It's mostly simple stuff, I gotta step up my gameeee

Noctis and Aurelia like this.
  5. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Still loving Augustus there, that's mah boi!

Your artwork never ceases to dazzle me, it truly is a thing of beauty. I particularly like your Nero (I think it's called) gif, it's super creepy, but executed pretty well! Gonna hafta steal that

Keep up the awesome work! :D

guest likes this.
  6. Aurelia

Aurelia Supporter

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Even if you just post WIP's I am still loving them. Keep at it girlie <3

guest likes this.
  7. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Your art is AMAZING! Don't ever stop!! (Unless you're tired, then rest well XD)

guest likes this.
  8. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    Updated again!
    +1 to finished art
    +13 to sketches/WIPs

wow that says a lot about me and my art LOL

Aurelia likes this.
  9. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Woah I have got to remember to check this more often because I love that zoroark :o

Keep it up Magoooooooooo your art is super amazing and it makes me inspired to get off me butt and draw too haha!

guest likes this.
  10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    i love my trash son he is very awesome and his design is 100000/10

But all of your art is amazing as always! I really like your animations too!

11. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,134.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Your art is awesome Mag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.