1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do You Pre-order Your Games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nate, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    When a new game is coming out, do you preorder it? I usually preorder games that I want the most like new Pokémon games and Smash Bros. I recently pre-ordered Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest and am looking forward to that coming out next week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    Until recently, I haven't pre-ordered my games. However, I discovered that by pre-ordering games, you get to skip a lot of hassle, and you can almost certainly get the game early, as opposed to trying to go and buy it on opening day before all of the copies are gone. Some places (like Amazon), are now offering discounts on pre-ordered games, which is just making the urge to pre-order my games larger. I've only pre-ordered a few games like Smash Bros., ORAS, NBA 2k16, and one or two others that aren't coming to my mind right now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I've never bothered, simply because i always have found the games at gamestop the day they come out and have gotten them without hassle. However... thanks to the direction nintendo's going, I might be pre-ordering a little more. If games are starting to come with exclusives pre-order only, I'll be pre-ordering. For example, Twilight Princess HD. I want that wolf link amiibo so very badly, so I've got that one pre-ordered.

4. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I don't always preorder games. Only ones I really, really want. Like hyrule warriors legends and I might preorder twilight princess hd for the wolf link ambiibo. Maybe

5. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've only pre-ordered a game once, and it definitely wasn't worth it. At the store I pre-ordered the game, the asking price was what I assumed the average, but I found that many other stores had it much cheaper in it's first week of release. I'd only ever pre-order if a game came with something specific I wanted, for example the FE Fates Special Edition, which only seems to be available through pre-orders in Australia, is something I would pre-order over just the game on it's own. For a game by itself, I can wait for the release and just hope it's not sold out while it's cheap.

6. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I ALWAYS pre-order my games. The thing is, I just feel like I have to secure a copy for myself out of fear of over-exciting myself to getting the game, then finding out that it is sold out, and destroying what happiness I had. I also feel uncomfortable when people already have the game and I don't, and then start talking about it, so I pre-order to prevent spoilers.

There are also little pre-order bonuses which convince me to pre-order games such as the Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo Card and Hyrule Warriors Legends limited editions pocket watch/compass.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Not always, is generally only a few games I pre-order because I wanna be sure I get them on release sometimes even the day before release. Other than that I can usually wait.

8. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    There's no real need for me to pre-order my games as the stores don't here don't sell out on videogames that quickly, especially on the first day. Though I usually do it about a week beforehand anyway, just so I'll be ensured my copy on the day of release. If there's a pre-order bonus, I'll pre-order right when I see that in order to secure it >_>

9. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    I pre-order games when there is an interesting bonus, I plan to pre-order Pokken Tournament because of the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo.

10. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I preordered Fallout New Vegas. I paid like $40 for that game, which isn't terrible, until you consider the fact that on PC the preorder bonuses sub-worthless and you can buy the entire game and all expansions on Steam for like $5-10. For that reason I'll (probably) never preorder a PC game ever again.

On that note, I generally don't preorder unless I have a good reason (like a preorder bonus actually making the msrp worthwhile) or if I know I want to pay full price anyhow. Pokémon Z I'll preorder, Monster Hunter X I might. That's all that comes to mind for the near future though.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Only if I care enough about having the game quickly and immediately. This essentially never happens.
    Price is a much larger factor and concern than quick acquisition. Unless there's a danger of actually missing something (such as a discounted DLC, or perhaps bonuses near release day), there is no need to pre-order it, when I could ultimately have the game later on and still maintain all the content.

12. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I preorder games only when I really want them. I get a limited amount of money, so I have to look out for games I want. If it's already out I save up for it, if it's coming out soon I'll wait and buy when I have the money, and if it's not coming out for a while (FE Fates in Australia) I'll preorder. Also, if there are bonuses that's just a... bonus.

13. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I didn't have the option to pre-order at first, but now that I got some more freedom on which to spend my money on, I do tend to pre-order my games. It's convenient: I don't have to get out of my house. Instead, they get delivered to me! Most of the time, it's on the release date as well! Talk about convenient! ^^

14. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    It depends on if there is a cool pre-order bonus and how popular the game is. Like, if I know a game I want is extremely popular, I'll most likely preorder so that I'm guaranteed a copy. Generally I preorder through Amazon bc I have Amazon Prime and I get that gucci free one-day shipping. However, even then I get impatient. It ships the day it releases, meaning I'll get it the day after. That can be frustrating!

There's always download codes, but I prefer physical copies of games. I did get the download code for Y when it was released, and I kind of wished I hadn't. Sure, I got the game ASAP, but it took like 3 hours to install :s

Also I hate it when you're in a game store and the workers bug the shit out of you about preordering a game. Like no fuck off I don't want to preorder the game please stop talking. Some of them just don't know when to quit. I said "No thank you." That doesn't mean you continue to pester me about it.

15. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    I think I've preordered like one game and that's it. I find it kinda silly to. I pay like 5 bucks more for like one in game weapon/skin. I usually wait till the game's out long enough that it's a little cheaper, or there are used copies

16. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I only pre-order if the name starts with Monster Hunter. No, seriously, the only game I've preordered has been MH4U and the only game I'm planning on preordering soon is MHX.

17. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I usually do, but it really just depends on the game.

18. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    Usually I don't pre-order video games because I tend to buy it weeks after the game is launched, even though I've done it once when buying Dr. Mario Miracle Cure for my 3DS XL.

19. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    Sometimes I preorder games depending on how popular the game is so I don't get stuck with a digital copy or if it's a limited edition version. Otherwise I just wait a while after the game comes out to get it. I've mostly given up on preprdering games because they usually get cancelled because they sell out or if I preorder them in store I forget I preordered them. In fact there was one game I had forgotten I preordered until I got a call 3 years later asking if I wanted to pick up the game I preordered.

20. Heroine of Winds

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I used to pre-order a game I really want, but after Pokken Tournament, I decided to stop after going through the past five years pre-ordering games due to the cool bonuses they include. If there's a game I really want to own, I'll just order it online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.