1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Peer Pressure

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Azazel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Hey guys, how are you with peer pressure? Do you give in easily to other people's pestering or can you stand your ground? Have you ever done anything due to it?

For me, I'm really really really pliable. Basically you just need to ask me nicely to do something and I'll do it, or you could be like "Want to try this?" and I'll say yes.

2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am not weak to peep preasure but I will start to panic if people think I am not a good friend so I often do as told. Though I am a fraidy cat and worry constantly about getting in trouble so I dont really break rules or do anything bad they tell me to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I stand up against peer pressure pretty well, and have told people I was 'friendly' with 'no' several times to different things. I only go into things on my own choice, even if it's months/years after it faded as a 'fad'. I only recently discovered Panic! At the Disco even though it was everywhere a year or two ago cause I didn't care of peer pressure. XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have absolutely no problems with peer pressure. It's usually the opposite: I'm rather strong at shutting people down rather than 'caving' to them. In general, attempts at persuasion against me have the exact opposite effect; I'll be compelled to intentionally not do the thing asked. I thrive and strive to be unique and different from others in whatever way I can, because on the surface I don't appear much different than anyone else physically or mentally. (I am the person who tries to stand out in a crowd and still isn't noticed.)

But really, it's because I don't usually care about what other people think of me, so suggestions to conform or change are easily rebuffed. If I struggle so much towards my goals, to stand out mentally, why would I ever want to go along with a crowd who definitely doesn't have my best interests in mind?

5. Divine

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.3
    I've been pressured into Illegal activity a couple of times but luckily I'm very aware of these things and don't give in easily.

I'm the type of guy who honestly doesn't care about most activity people my age rave on about like Alchohol and the such, I'm willing to sacrifice fun for A+ Grades and my sports career. I have been threatened once by a person in my school to do illegal things but thanks to my rather 'Savage' physique (As my friends would put it) I scared the person off and never have they approached me again.

Moral of the story, don't give into illegal activity. It might not seem very bad, but it is.

6. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I've always been a target for peer pressure, But I never went with it. Though my best friend has been a victim of it, but her heart never really changed. But I always have to pick her up but I don't mind. I hardly want to give in I just want to be my own person and Peer Pressure takes that way from people. Well that's how I view it anyway.

7. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I don't even know what "Panic! At the Disco" is!

I never submit to peer pressure, because the things people "pressure" me to do are things against my will and personality. I do not like following people when their orders are unnecessary and do not benefit anybody. Some people want me to put on makeup and others avoid me because I am different, but people who deserve my personality are great friends. Nowadays people are more open and it seems as though our grade is tied in one close knit - if you are upset somebody will comfort you right away.

Not many people pressure others except those in their friend groups, and I cannot recall a recent moment where somebody has pressured me into doing something. Nevertheless, I cannot go against my will, even if it sacrifices my reputation among other people.

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Apparently they're an American rock band. I've only heard the name before myself, and just in passing, so I don't really know who they are either.

9. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Well when it comes to music I don't budge, I no nothing about anything that isn't a german industrial band

10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    As long as it's legal and reasonable, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to peer pressure. I'm pretty vocal when I don't agree with anything that doesn't make sense to me. I do try to see something from someone else's perspective, but I think looking at the big picture is quite important.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    This was an interesting topic cause normally I think for myself but sometimes if I am caught off guard I give in on impulse and sometimes regret it lol.

12. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    The worst I have given into peer pressure was this time back in highschool when someone from this one group, with whom I wished to stay on good terms, openly insulted someone else I sometimes hung around with, who was always friendly and good to me, while I was sitting right next to said person. Right to their face. The only reason this person was even there at all was because we happened to be hanging out on a free period that day and I wanted to head to where this group was for my own reasons. I gave into the unspoken pressure surrounding the group of not saying or doing anything about it just for the sake of not jeopardizing my own material/business concerns. I just sat there like it never happened while this person was hurt right beside me. It was selfish and wrong of me. Besides that one time I've always handled it reasonably well I think, I'm not afraid to say no to things I think are not good to do. These days it's not even really a thing that I experience, honestly.