1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Band!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skittle, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    What it says on the tin, really. This thread is about the wonderful and miraculous thing known as band! I consider it a crime that there is no band thread yet!

Anyway, are any of you in band/were in band? What instrument(s) do you play? Did you make it to marching band? Do/did you like band?

I guess I'll start: I'm a proud band nerd! I play flute and I love marching band. Pep band is also fun later in the year!

Now... discuss, fellow band friends!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    BAND!!! agh band is so much fun qwq I play the clarinet and have been playing for about ~5 years. I also play the alto Saxophone in Jazz band and a little piano. I love my band class and everyone in it. We're going to state large group tomorrow and i'm hyped!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I was in band for about two years, but then dropped out for a vary of reasons, which included my saxophone breaking, band being at the same time as choir, and quickly falling behind. The years I was in it were pretty fun, although I wasn't great.

4. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I've never been in an official band (I have crippling stage fright) but I can sing and play the recorder pretty well. I taught myself quite a few songs on the soprano, including an altered version of Lugia's Song that I wrote myself, which I am ridiculously, embarrassingly proud of.
    #MissingNo

5. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I was thinking of forming an all girl 'black metal' band once...
    Never happened, due to lack of interest...

I made the ad and the band lettering and yeah...
    Could have been sweet...

@[member="Eclipse"]

I write songs sometimes to be honest.

6. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'm going to completely destroy the point of this thread with a rant about my school's band class.
    My school's odd. To get into it, you have to try out for a talent. I'm in Creative Writing Talent, but there are a lot of others - Computer/Math, Athletics, Drama, et cetera. These talents include Winds, Strings, and Vocals, which together make up the Music Talent. And that is our band. If you're not in one of those talents, tough luck - you're not playing any music in this school. It's the same way with school plays or sports teams - drama only, athletics only, too bad to everyone else who was forced to pick one talent to focus on. I would really love to be in band, as I've played the piano for six years and sang for one, but it's impossible in this program.
    End rant. Go back to chatting about how much you love band class. ^^

7. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I form some bands. All of them were a failure xD because the singers really sucked lol...I always played the guitar and were teacher for a while but there is a reality: there is only needed one person with talent at a band>that's is the singer unless you use electro xD

8. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    When I was in middle school, I was in band for about a year, but then quit because I kept accidentally breaking the reed on my oboe...:sweat: But I have been thinking about getting into it again, since I go to college next year, but I don't really know how to play any band instruments. I only know how to play piano T_T
    SkittleBox, is it hard to pick up on flute? Cause I've kinda been wanting to learn how to play it ^.^

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I played the trombone in my school's jazz band back in primary school. It was the smallest band, and was basically considered the best band in the school as there were only a limited number of spots and you had to have played in the Training Band (for beginners) and Concert Band (for seniors) first to get in. I finally got into the jazz band, and then found out I didn't really like jazz all that much. Needless to say, I quit at the end of the year.