1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bad Art Habits

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Oct 15, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Like with everything else, sometimes artists form habits that can be really bad in the long run. What are some of yours?

Mine are:
    • Procrastination: I always put off doing art. Even when I tell myself I'm going to draw at that exact moment I never do.
    • Waiting for improvement: Sometimes I forget that I actively need to try and improve myself then just sitting around and waiting for it. It doesn't work that way.
    • Not taking care of myself: I often forget to eat when I'm drawing or forget to take breaks. Not a good thing.
    • Giving up: I'll admit that sometimes I give up on art pieces that I find too difficult. But I have also learned that if I stick with it that they become some of my best pieces.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Not taking breaks, giving up, forgetting to sketch down ideas before they just ..slip my mind forever..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    gaaah i forget to write down stuff too. and then someone will ask me about it later and i'm just like oh shoot

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I forget to take breaks and I procrastinate sometimes.

5. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    My worst art habit...hm...well to avoid procrastinating on artwork for school I choose something that I've recently been procrastinating on but it doesn't help I basically just end up procrastinating on my procrastination if that's even possible.

6. Sheinxy

Sheinxy Black Belt

Milky
    (Shinx)
    Level 40
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,893.6
    My bad art habits are the same as my bad overall habits x):
    • I Procrastinate a lot, and when I say a lot I mean TOO MUCH
    • I rarely take a break
    • I do things at night, with only a small Red LED behind me(and I also don't deactivate f.lux, which means that the colours I see on my screen while drawing are not the true colours
    • I don't really listen to other people's advice, like I'll always do things my own way even if it's dumb (and trust me, the way I draw is probably not a good way to draw x))
    • I rarely try to do new things because I'm kinda scared of failing
    • Being pessimistic about what I'm gonna do, thinking that it will probably not be good

And there's probably more that I can't think of for now x)

#6 Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Hmmm, let's see.
    • Procrastination. Yep, I do this A LOT. The only artworks I don't procrastinate with are ones I'm creating for the site. The rest though...
    • Hating my art to a point were it's probably considered unhealthy. Seriously I legit cry over how bad I think some of my artworks are and I've wanted to give up on art many times over the years.
    • Oh speaking of giving up, that is a huge issue for me as well. I'd say I only complete maybe 15% of my drawings. The rest stay as sketches or half-coloured WIPs that will never be finished.
    • Not putting effort into my art. Yeah, I'm incredibly guilty of doing this. Most of my drawings have had minimal effort put into them, even some of the more detailed ones.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Procrastinating, not drawing at all for extended periods of time, giving up on trying to draw things before I actually go to start drawing them, the list goes on.

9. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    ah yes. procrastination is the global art mood i see

Wings likes this.
  10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    Starting a new art piece before I can finish the previous one! I always end up working really hard on the concept sketch, trying my best to produce smooth lineart, color it halfway and then...never finish it. I should go back and finish some of my old pieces sometime!

11. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I draw as a hobby, so I have to say that my worst bad art habit is that I compare my drawings to my older sister's, which is just ridiculous because she's actually going to school for art stuff and has taken classes on it. Of course her work is more professional than mine is, but that doesn't mean that I should just stop drawing because I can't compare.

12. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    i've had a really bad habit of giving up halfway. need to force myself to finish