1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Compliments

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Achromatic, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I remember someone saying I look like a cat because of how my face looks when I take selfies. I like cats so... thanks to them, I guess?

I've also received a lot of compliments on my face's bone structure? I'm still not really sure what it means, but it's appreciated!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    Saying I am hot and cute. Probably best ones I can get!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    The nicest compliments I get are usually about my artwork and how awesome it is. I like to think I take these compliments rather well, and they definitely boost my morale to draw more often.

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I get complimented fairly often, I suppose. Ans then there are those times where your not really sure if its a compliment or not. For example, one time in high school a girl came up to me during lunch and asked me if I was from a different country. When I told her I wasn't she explained that I "seem to nice to be an American". I guess that's a compliment, but it really just shows how bad America can be at times that you can get that kind of reaction just from being a decent person.
    Also people tend to compare me to a ninja because I tend to show up or leave without anyone noticing. I'm still not sure whether or not that's actually a compliment or not.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Haha! Same here, actually. I tend to not make noise when I move, which is shocking considering how big of a guy I am, so I tend to surprise people if they don't specifically *see* me coming.

6. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Same here. I've also been called The Flash because I'm surprisingly fast for a fatty. (Even before I lost 20 pounds in one year)

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm so bad with compliments because I'm not good at expressing gratitude. An old art teacher of mine (who got fired at the end of the year this happened) shamed me repeatedly for not thanking someone for his repeated sarcastic compliments on my artwork, so now I just feel really awkward any time I'm in a position to thank someone.

For my last couple years of college, a lot of my teachers told me consistently that I was a good writer though, including one who was a published author of multiple fiction novels, so I'm happy about that.

8. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Generally I don't know know but my English teacher said that I have a good accent and this is so heart-warming

9. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm easily flustered by compliments; I'm probably too modest for my own good ^^'. I've been told I'm a very caring person who is good at reading other people's feelings if there's something on their mind; I'm someone people trust when they want to talk to someone.

10. Furie

Furie Black Belt

Slagros
    (Umbreon)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽60.9
    I never used to accept compliments but I've gotten better. I was once told by someone close to me that my non-acceptance of their compliment made them feel like I didn't care about their opinion. Keeping that in mind, I accept most compliments, whatever they may be, with a pleasant "thank you" and a compliment right back (varies depending on the situation)

Them: You're so nice!
    Me: And you've been a treat to work with/It's easy because you're so nice, too!

Once I get to get close to someone I change how I respond. I'll usually respond to compliments with an "I try!" Or "Haha my plan you get you to like me is paying off!"

Best compliment I've ever gotten? I don't think I'll ever forget the coworker who said he wasn't surprised I like foxes because I look like one.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Anyone get complimented on their writing? My handwriting is neat for a guy so it always stuns the teachers.

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I get compliments on my signature, but with my normal writing I write so small that I drive people nuts. XD

13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Ooooh, I used to never be able to decide how I want to sign my name haha. It's just an ugly scribble.

14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I tried that, but I can be so OCD sometimes that if I tried to just speed-scribble my name I'd end up thinking about it the whole day, so I just went back to my whole signature. And I've gotten it down pretty well over the years. ^_^

Vigilance likes this.
  15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The opposite! I get told a lot that people can barely read it. It gets worse when I'm writing something in a hurry.
    Normally this isn't a problem regardless, because I can read my handwriting either way, but if I have to pass off what I've written to someone else that's when we get trouble.

My mother has exceptionally neat handwriting. I, sadly, did not inherit it.

16. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I'm not good with giving or receiving compliments...I'm generally a snarky, miserable sort of person, and compliments from me usually sound backhanded or insincere, even when I mean them. I'm just not the type of person who says positive things very often, and people call me out for it when I do, so I just...don't. I find other, less direct ways to express positive things...people usually miss these things entirely, but I try.

As for receiving them...god, I hate it when people compliment me. It just...makes me uncomfortable. Because I know what sort of person I am - and what sort of person I am not - and I feel like I've deceived people if they're saying nice things to me. People have all sorts of nice things to say about me and it feels like they're not seeing me at all and it's very awkward...

17. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I'm quite nonchalant about compliments when I receive them. I try to be as nice as I can to new people so I'm used to receiving compliments just on that basis so I like to probe for reasons here and there.

It's bending the rules a little but my favourite compliments are indirect compliments, they feel more sincere in my eyes. A good example that fellows Brits will definitely understand well is when someone is comfortable insulting me in a playful way. It's a sure sign that they're comfortable around me and regard me as a good friend which I consider a compliment in its own right.

18. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I don't get complimented all that often (except for my work ethic and whatnot at work) because I don't really socialize with people all that much to begin with. :<

... That said though, I am pretty awkward at taking them because I'm not used to getting them all that much. u.u

19. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;

Mythical eggo
    (Celebi Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.2
    ahhh compliments are super sweet!! but somehow i always screw up and get really flustered and deny it when i just want to say a simple thank you ;w;
    nicest compliment?? idkk it's probably something about my writing or art :P people also compliment me on looks from time to time so maybe something about that too :o

20. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I get a lot of compliments about my art, and while they're nice, I usually don't feel like I deserve them. I know that's probably just my artists depression making me feel that, but still.
    I'm generally fine with most other compliments, but sometimes I still get that "I didn't deserve that compliment" feel.