1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

D&D game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlackSmithy, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should we use roll20 for our game?

1. Yes

85.7%
  2. No

14.3%
  1. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Greetings fellow members of Lake Valor. This is a planning thread for Lake Valor's D&D campaign that will be hosted some time in the future. Syaoron the Fox will be Dungeon Master and all are welcome! I assume we will be using the fifth edition unless anyone has an objection. Know that I do not have the rulebook for 3.5e or 3e so I will not be able to participate then. Use the standard set of scores defined in the player's handbook for 5e (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8) for ability scores unless you want to roll for your ability scores (that is a d6 rolled 4 times and the lowest number is subtracted to get one ability score.) Assign these as you see fit. Character sheets can be found on the wizards of the coast website but I will provide a link here. If you do not know how to play I suggest the following series as it even teaches you character creation.

series: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmFJXf3BXjwXkNFo_-iwtHb24AuJcXqx

character sheets: http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/5E_CHARACTERSHEETSV3.ZIP

Edit: This will take lots of planning so for now there is no set date. I have left details out because for now I am unsure of what we will be using as the interface itself. I will set up a poll.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Syaoron the Fox and Derahex like this.
  2. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Hey all! DM Tem here. I was originally hoping to have at least the first session finished and planned--not by next weekend--but the following weekend. However, a few stressful exams are coming up for me, so depending on how much studying I decide to do, I may have to push it back a little further. But never fret! There will be D&D, I assured you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    BlackSmithy likes this.
  3. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I would join, but I'm already in a lot of games. I've used Roll20 before if you want some input on that though. It's good for just about everything but the dice roller. I've used it a lot in the past and its randomness is terrible. In a game I played just last Sunday, I rolled 4 natrual 20s in a row to hit and all 1s on all of my damage dice each time. For a dice roller I would suggest either downloading a bot for discord or using a site called Orokos.

4. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Thanks a ton, Wolf. We still have a lot of prep to do as a party, so it will be a while before we actually get down to a session. Maybe I'll run a prelim session just to get everyone acquainted with how things work. Like a tutorial.

5. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm interested in D&D, however I am un-aware of the rules.. Good luck on this!

6. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    If this is still an ongoing project sign me up!*_*

7. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    @Knightmare If you're interested, come talk to us in the RP chatroom on Discord, and I can invite you to a group message we are using for preparation. I'm preparing a tutorial on character creation, but for now, you may want to consult the expertise of our players and me. We still have a while till we'll be ready to go.

Knightmare likes this.