1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Do you argue with your parents much?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vigilance, Dec 23, 2017.

1. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Mainly my mom simply because she constantly jumped to conclusions about me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Palamon

Palamon Silence is Purple

Guren
    (Azelf)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽59.6
    Not as much as I used to, no. But when I do, it's with my father about money and that's it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'll argue with my dad some but he's very logical so mostly if I am being logically sound, he'll swallow his pride and accept it.

4. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I argue with my mother for what it seems like several times a month.

I really should learn my lesson by now that arguing with my mother is very similar to arguing with a kid -- the moment I say something that she doesn't like, she clams up and gives me the silent treatment which kills any sort of future good mood that I may feel because I know I'm going to come home and deal with her utter childishness.

At the end of it all, she wants nothing more than to be right in an argument and you would think after being at odds with her for about 8 years straight (yes, you read that right), that I wouldn't bother arguing with her anymore, but alas. She's ridiculously pushy when she wants to make a point out of something extremely insignificant.

5. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I argue with my mom a lot. She puts on lot of restrictions on me which just irritates the shit out of me. She also forces me to do what she want. It rarely turns into a bjg fight but when it does, I apologize for the good.

6. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    My parents and I get along really well, and I don't think we've ever had a "serious" argument. That being said, it's not uncommon for us to be briefly annoyed with each other or argue over minor things. Those sorts of things are quickly moved on from though.

7. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I argue somewhat frequently with my mom on one specific topic: me finding a job. I keep trying to tell her that I'm more focused on finishing my degree than rushing into employment, but she doesn't want that. Even when I had a job last year she still insisted I find a 'proper' one. It drives me nuts.

8. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I argue with my parents at least twice per day

9. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Back then, I argued with my parents daily. But now, I don't argue with my parents often because if I do, I will lose.

10. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Before my parents got a divorce, I argued with my dad some but now the divorce stuff is over I don't see my dad anymore and I have never argued with my mother before or after the divorce.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    A little bit, but not too much. My mother and I get along quite well actually, same with my step-dad.

12. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    As I've gotten older, I've argued with my parents less. I reflect and see all the sacrifices they make for me. I truly love them and miss them.

ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  13. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I argue with both of them all the time.

14. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I don't really get along with my dad, but I can't really say we argue at all.

15. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I don't really argue with my parents at all. In some ways I think I'm kinda still in the mindset of a little kid who thinks that their parents can do no wrong. I'm starting to see things here or there that I disagree with when it comes to how my parents do things, but I never say anything. Maybe once I move out of the house I'll be able to recognize that my parents aren't perfect, and that's okay.