1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

"Every Friday, you can hear Pokemon roars from deep inside the cave."

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Feb 14, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    In Pokémon GSC, after you defeat a pokemanic inside the Union Cave, close to Azalea Town, tells you about roars that can be heard every Friday from deep within Union Cave. You can't actually hear the noises, but it's true that every Friday, a Pokémon will appear far inside this cave.

Every Friday, a Lapras would actually appear! After you had gotten HM Surf, you could return to Union Cave and catch Lapras.

Have you guys even bothered to return to Union Cave and find out what this guy was meaning? Were you even aware of this? Did you ever catch Lapras and/or used it in your team? And how (soon) did you find out about this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Well, I never played the originals, but I did catch the Lapras in HG. I didn't hear about it, I was just exploring the cave and all of a sudden there was a Lapras, so I was quite surprised xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    In GSC, no. I didn't go back, but in HG/SS I did. When I was really little I didn't know that it was possible to catch one in the cave though.

4. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm pretty sure it took me a while to figure this out back then and it was so easy to forget to go into the cave Friday to catch it.. </3 I've tried using it on my team but that never lasted too long since Lapras' experience growth was too abysmal for my ten year-old self, haha.

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I loved going to this place and catching Lapras. If I could, I'd change my clock time so that I could get it when I wanted to.

6. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I discovered it Lapras by chance. When I was younger, I wasn't allowed to play games until Friday, so I was just exploring the cave and I found Lapras. I usually go and add it to my team as a Surf-user, because I don't like Tentacool and Krabby!

7. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I never went back for it, though i should have cause lapras is a cool Pokémon to have on a team.

8. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Ah yes, good old Lapras. I remember first finding out about being able to catch it there in like early 2001, so I had caught it there a few times in my day. And in HGSS I had as well. I used it on my team once in a normal playthrough, so there's that.

9. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I did get that Lapras, but it was a bit of a hassle on a Friday. I was always busy on Fridays, so it took me about 3 weeks to actually get Lapras. It was worth it~

10. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I happened upon it by pure chance in HGSS. I was exploring the depths of Union Cave one day and as I reached the last body of water, I was surprised to see that Lapras swimming there. I already had another Lapras when I found it, but I thought this one was special and caught it. I didn't use it on my team though as I already had Starmie as my Water-type.

11. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I listened to the guy and went to find it back in Silver. The thing that gets me is back then it was so exciting to see a new sprite used to represent an overworld Pokémon. Like in Gens 1 and 2 there were like eight mini-images that would be shown in the overworld and party menu, but Lapras was special/cool enough to get one all its own. I don't think it would have were it not for Gamefreak testing out their new weekday remembering mechanic on Lapras.

12. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I found out myself and lapras helped me beat the Elite four

13. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Yeah, I caught it, as soon as I figured out how to modify the time on my emulator xD I'm way too impatient to just wait until the next Friday to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.